Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Hands-On > Christmas Decorations > Lights & Decorations » LED Lights or Traditional Lights?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,079
Threads: 53,843
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,865)
Welcome to our newest member, MistleToeSnow

Old 01-05-2010, 11:19 AM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 51,986 Times in 9,434 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by ILuvChristmas View Post
I used the mini multi-stringed light with one string light that would blink off and on slightly. Made the tree look like it was "sparkly". Never gave anyone a visual problem. White lights were just too plain imo. But this year the multi-colored mini lights weren't working so I purchased the C-5 Led lights to go on the tree. Love them! They look gorgeous on my tree with all the other decor that I use. Haven't heard about any visual problem or hurting anyone's eyes to look at them. Always get compliments

But I have heard that they're working on improving the Led lights to give a "warmer glow". But the ones I have already do that!
I have noticed this year the led lights have improved dramatically! I like them a lot better now and maybe next year will look into buying some.

The Following User Says Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-05-2014)
Old 01-12-2010, 12:32 PM
Christmas dreaming...

Last Achievements

Thanked 74,702 Times in 14,908 Posts
xmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I have traditional ceramic c-7 and LED c7 on a tree, prefer the traditional after doing one year with only the LED, the lights looked to fuzzy. Does anyone know if they have an LED C7 that looks more like the traditional C7 ceramic?
The Following User Says Thank You to xmas365 For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-05-2014)
Old 05-16-2010, 08:36 PM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

White Christmas has shown a merry disposition
A couple years ago we purchased some LED lights for one of our trees, and although we still use them, I prefer the traditional lights (the miniature ones). For indoor trees, I prefer the multi-colored lights, but I'm all about white lights when it comes to outdoor decorations.

How does everyone feel about mixing LED and traditional lights on the same Christmas tree?
The Following User Says Thank You to White Christmas For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-05-2014)
Old 05-18-2010, 01:08 PM
Santa Clausologist
Last Achievements

YellowSnow is a good elfYellowSnow is a good elfYellowSnow is a good elfYellowSnow is a good elfYellowSnow is a good elfYellowSnow is a good elfYellowSnow is a good elfYellowSnow is a good elfYellowSnow is a good elf
Originally Posted by White Christmas View Post
How does everyone feel about mixing LED and traditional lights on the same Christmas tree?
I prefer a busy, eclectic tree. You know... one where if you look close enough, you just might see the kitchen sink hanging from a hook among all of the other decorations. Therefore; in my opinion, mixing lights is good thing. We usually use 3 or 4 different types/styles of lights on our main tree.
If you are going for a particular theme, or like a tidy look, mixing light types probably wouldn't work for you.

YS
The Following User Says Thank You to YellowSnow For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-05-2014)
Old 05-18-2010, 04:17 PM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

White Christmas has shown a merry disposition
Maybe this year we'll mix it up a little bit, especially when it comes to our main tree. Has anyone completely replaced all their old lights with LED lights?
The Following User Says Thank You to White Christmas For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-05-2014)
Old 05-19-2010, 02:15 AM
Formally xrockchild

Last Achievements

Adam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the tree
Yes. We redid our whole entire fake tree with LED lights. Warm white dome lights actually. They are OKAY. I think I would have used the regular shaped warm white instead of the domes. We did save alot on electricity by doing the whole outside LED. I think the tree should go back to regular white lights though.
The Following User Says Thank You to Adam For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-05-2014)
Old 06-01-2010, 05:05 PM
Merry Forums Twinkle Light Checker

santashelperkobrin has shown a merry disposition
light Lights

We are getting new LED lights this year as many of our old ones got broke last year....Mind you I am a fan of older C7 C9

Ruth
The Following User Says Thank You to santashelperkobrin For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-05-2014)
Old 06-01-2010, 06:51 PM
Formally xrockchild

Last Achievements

Adam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by santashelperkobrin View Post
We are getting new LED lights this year as many of our old ones got broke last year....Mind you I am a fan of older C7 C9

Ruth
Its funny you mention this. I saw some lights coming out soon that are like C7's or C9s that are LED. I guess they will have multiple LEDS per bulb and I guess they are supposed to look very similar to the old fashioned kind.
The Following User Says Thank You to Adam For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-05-2014)
Old 06-01-2010, 06:54 PM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 51,986 Times in 9,434 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by rockchild View Post
Its funny you mention this. I saw some lights coming out soon that are like C7's or C9s that are LED. I guess they will have multiple LEDS per bulb and I guess they are supposed to look very similar to the old fashioned kind.
So happy to hear this! I could not get use to the led lights but if they are looking like the old fashioned kind, I can handle that!

The Following User Says Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-05-2014)
Old 08-28-2010, 01:49 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,105 Times in 413 Posts
jayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Leds for me,way way cheaper than anything else to run plus i like the way there look.
The Following User Says Thank You to jayden28 For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-05-2014)