Christmas TogetherWe're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.
I'd like opinions on on-line shopping. I don't do it because I would assume that it is more expensive because of shipping etc. But I hear alot of people do it. Is it less costly now that it's more popular? If so, I would do it alot more rather than running to so many different stores to do my shopping.
Some on-line companies have shipping specials,like free if you spenda certain amount.others have 5 dollar shipping,overstock.com has a very low shipping on everthing.It can be a great place for bargins.
I shop all the time online, and have so for years. Online retailers save overhead costs in not having brick-and-mortar stores, so they are able to offer lower prices than stores do. And as others have said, many online retailers offer free shipping if you buy above a certain dollar amount (eg, with Amazon it's $25), or low shipping rates.
If you know what product you want to buy, use Google Product Search to find which online retailer sells the product for the best price.
About credit card security: online retailers use anti-theft protections. If the URL of the web page where you enter your credit card number begins with "https", then a secure link is being used. They are very secure. When you use a credit card at a retail store, your card is no more and no less vulnerable to identity theft.
I love online shopping and I use it every holiday. I'd say I do 60%. The other 40%...I do that during the season...and at the local shopping areas...just like getting out among the people and doing some of it! More Christmassy if you will.
Don't forget that retailers have Black Friday -- which is the day after Thanksgiving -- as their big day for deals. Online they have Cyber Monday -- which is often better than Black Friday because there are no crowds or crazy hours. Cyber Monday is usually the Monday after Thanksgiving when the Christmas shopping deals are at their best.
There are some fantastic deals online and most of the online merchants offer free shipping at some point during the holiday season. Were I you I would get on the email lists for any places you might be thinking about purchasing from so that you receive notice of the best deals that will start rolling in very soon! It's a great way to shop and allows you to watch the harried shoppers in the malls leisurely while you sip your gingerbread latte knowing you're ALL DONE!
The Following User Says Thank You to momnan30 For This Useful Post: