Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > Music » Christmas songs you like that most people hate?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Music Scripture doesn't say it be we know those angels were singing at the manger. And music has been the heart of Christmas ever since.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,090
Threads: 53,931
Top Poster: xmas365 (165,812)
Welcome to our newest member, flockman02

Old 10-21-2009, 09:00 AM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 52,822 Times in 9,580 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Christmas songs you like that most people hate?

I was curious is there Christmas songs you like that your family or friends complain they hate or irritates them?

I love listening to The Chipmunks at Christmas time. I admit I cannot listen to them for too long but I don't go Christmas without them. Some of my family and hubby find them annoying! My grandkids love it, of course, so we are in good company playing their Christmas music.

Old 10-21-2009, 11:44 AM
Merry Forums Super Administrator

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,483 Times in 1,761 Posts
Maureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the Wisemen
I LOVE the Chipmunk song!!!!!!!!!! Probably because it's a piece of my childhood and you don't get it over here.

The one my son hates with a passion is Feliz Navidad (sp?) so of course, I had to buy the cd for his stocking last year. Another one you don't get here and he thought he was safe. I enjoy seeing him squirm (does that make me a bad person??!!!!!!)

Old 10-21-2009, 01:53 PM
Magi

Last Achievements

Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Maureen View Post
I LOVE the Chipmunk song!!!!!!!!!! Probably because it's a piece of my childhood and you don't get it over here.

The one my son hates with a passion is Feliz Navidad (sp?) so of course, I had to buy the cd for his stocking last year. Another one you don't get here and he thought he was safe. I enjoy seeing him squirm (does that make me a bad person??!!!!!!)

Oh ya! That is another song, Feliz Navidad, that a lot of people don't care for but I actually enjoy it. When my son was 3 years old it was his favorite and he would say, "I wana hear Feliz Navi-BOP"! At that time I didn't care for the song but he made it cute and I have enjoyed it since. He is 19 years old now and embarassed by that story.

No, you are not a bad person! I think what you did is funny! Sounds like our family and the gag gifts we give out. We have done similar gift giving like that in the past.

Old 10-21-2009, 01:57 PM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 161,148 Times in 30,623 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I love the chimpmunks and feliz navidad also.
Old 10-21-2009, 01:57 PM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

nintendofreak44 has shown a merry disposition
Originally Posted by Maureen View Post

My dad HATES Feliz Navidad. I think I might buy him the CD for Christmas, thanks for the idea :P
Old 10-22-2009, 10:08 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 38,558 Times in 5,974 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
"Dominick the Christmas Donkey." I have seen people nearly foam at the mouth at the mere mention of it, but I don't have a problem with it! We like it in our house.

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
Old 10-22-2009, 11:26 AM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 161,148 Times in 30,623 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by MerryCarey View Post
"Dominick the Christmas Donkey." I have seen people nearly foam at the mouth at the mere mention of it, but I don't have a problem with it! We like it in our house.
I had never heard this before so I just went and listened to it and thought it was really cute. It would probally get annoying if you played it over and over but I liked it.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:32 AM
Magi

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by MerryCarey View Post
I just looked it up too. Gave me a giggle but not sure how much I could take of it. I will have to play that one for my grandkids, I am sure they will like it.

Old 10-23-2009, 07:30 AM
Santa's Mentor

Last Achievements

Thanked 4,787 Times in 1,185 Posts
Snow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the tree
I actually like "I want a hippopotamus for Christmas" I think it's cute.

They must be listening to The Greasy Skillet Show. Hosted by RadioJonD! Every Saturday night 8:00 PM - 10:00 PM Eastern time!
Old 10-23-2009, 08:31 AM
Every time a bell rings..

Last Achievements

Thanked 1,303 Times in 610 Posts
rodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the tree
I

I'm gettin NUTTIN for Christmas....

=)
Like that one and most cant stand it...drives my wife nuts....
=)
I'm gettin' nuttin' for Christmas,
'Cause I ain't been nuttin' but bad

I broke my bat on Johnny's head
Somebody snitched on me
I hid a frog in sister's bed
Somebody snitched on me
I spilled some ink on Mommy's rug
I made Tommy eat a bug
Bought some gum with a penny slug
Somebody snitched on me

Oh, I'm gettin' nuttin' for Christmas