Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > Music » Christmas songs you like that most people hate?

Music Scripture doesn't say it be we know those angels were singing at the manger. And music has been the heart of Christmas ever since.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,971
Threads: 53,428
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,327)
Welcome to our newest member, BelenikovaRord
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Christmas in the...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:16 PM
41,532 Views  0 Posts
A Gift from a Two Year...
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:35 PM
45,239 Views  0 Posts
Christmas in Italy
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:22 PM
46,067 Views  0 Posts
It Ain't About A Bird
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:25 PM
46,318 Views  0 Posts
Up in Flames
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:26 PM
47,859 Views  0 Posts

Old 06-20-2010, 06:46 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

Christmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnog
I guess I'll do a reverse on this thread and post what song I don't like that most people do like.....

About the only Christmas song I don't like is "Chestnuts roasting o'er an open Fire". I don't know what it is about that song that I don't like, but it is probably my least favorite Christmas song.
Old 06-21-2010, 06:21 AM
Santa's Mentor

Last Achievements

Thanked 4,762 Times in 1,181 Posts
Snow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by christmas87 View Post
i would say the reason why i think alot of ppl prob dont like the song feliz navidad is becuz they arent hispanic.
Actually, I don't like it because they play it all the time here in Texas. It got to the point that I got so tired of hearing it that I would change the radio station or turn it off when it came on. I don't care what the song is, or who sings it or where they are from, if it gets over played to that extent, I am going to get tired of it and not like it anymore.

They must be listening to The Greasy Skillet Show. Hosted by RadioJonD! Every Saturday night 8:00 PM - 10:00 PM Eastern time!
Old 06-25-2010, 07:34 AM
Merry Forums Newbie

Mr. Christmas15 has shown a merry disposition
song I love but most people seem to hate

one Christmas song I love but most people seem to hate is Dominick the Donkey by Lou Monte.....maybe it's because i'm part Italian and like Lou's other songs and that my mom has always liked the song too...to me it's just a great tune
Old 06-25-2010, 05:36 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

christmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elf
Originally Posted by Snow-in-Texas View Post
Actually, I don't like it because they play it all the time here in Texas. It got to the point that I got so tired of hearing it that I would change the radio station or turn it off when it came on. I don't care what the song is, or who sings it or where they are from, if it gets over played to that extent, I am going to get tired of it and not like it anymore.
yea thats true.i get tired of songs no matter what the song is if they play it all the time.i got tired of it myself when they played it all the time on a spanish radio station.
Old 06-25-2010, 10:09 PM
Formally xrockchild

Last Achievements

Adam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the tree
Feliz Navidad ...AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! I can't take it...hahaha. I like to call it "fleiz on my dog.." Seriously, listen to it..and change it to "fleez on my dog.." it will make it MORE fun.

I also really don't like "Christmas, The War is Over," or whatever that song is. It's just awful!

I love "I'm gettin nothin for Christmas" and "Wonderful Christmas Time," are great!

Also new years songs grind on my nerves like "What are you doing New Years Eve.." Haha!
Old 06-26-2010, 12:45 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Location: Pennsylvania in my heart, North Carolina physically.
Santa's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to others
Originally Posted by christmas87 View Post
i would say the reason why i think alot of ppl prob dont like the song feliz navidad is becuz they arent hispanic.

My brother ran away when he was 9 and he swears it was because my Aunt had Feliz Navidad on a loop all day. He said it played over and over again and that when it came on again he had to hit the bricks!! hahaha!!!! That's why he doesn't like it. Every time it comes on and he's around I always say to him, "Please don't run away again." He's 39 now. haha!!

"You used up all the glue on purpose!"-A Christmas Story
Old 06-26-2010, 06:00 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 49,153 Times in 9,000 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by rockchild View Post
Feliz Navidad ...AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! I can't take it...hahaha. I like to call it "fleiz on my dog.." Seriously, listen to it..and change it to "fleez on my dog.." it will make it MORE fun.
Haha! That is funny. I never thought of that. I love that song but that will now probably pop in my mind when I hear it.

Edit: Ok, now you have me singing this to my chihuahua and my husband is laughing. He really is having some fleas issues so it's true!

You should be listening to the Greasy Skillet Show with our very own RadioJonD every Saturday from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm central time! Be sure to join the group on Facebook to chat during showtime!

Listen to Kringle Radio for your Christmas music fix! Come on by, we are open 24/7 - 365 days a year!

Old 06-26-2010, 08:06 PM
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)

Thanked 43,444 Times in 9,243 Posts
caninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
holly

I myself don't care for the song "Grown Up Christmas List" It is okay I guess but my problem with it is that I seem to hear it CONSTANTLY by all different artists. I guess I am just oversaturated with it. I also don't care for Elmo And Patsy's Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer.........IMHO it is just plain silly

[URL="http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/"][SIZE=3]http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/[/SIZE][/URL]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 06-30-2010, 06:04 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,555 Times in 3,707 Posts
George Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the Wisemen
I like LOTS of the odd songs most people hate...

Dominic The Donkey
Chrissy The Christmas Mouse
The Happy Reindeer
The Angel In The Christmas Play (another Spike Jones classic)
Jingle Bells by The Singing Dogs
Snoopy's Christmas

I'm not too fond of...

The Little Drummer Boy
Do You Hear What I Hear

BUT... I absolutely LOATHE...

The Christmas Shoes!!!
Old 06-30-2010, 09:17 AM
*<[:{) Ho ho ho!!!

Last Achievements

Thanked 69,779 Times in 13,883 Posts
xmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by George Broderick, Jr. View Post

I'm not too fond of...

Do You Hear What I Hear
I always laugh when I hear the lyric:
...a child, a child
Shivers in the cold
Let us bring him silver and gold...

Wouldn't a blanket be a better option?