Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat > Home & Family » Company Christmas Party cancelled

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,971
Threads: 53,430
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,327)
Welcome to our newest member, BelenikovaRord
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Questions from a First...
By MMc Editor
06-11-2002 05:00 PM
59,937 Views  0 Posts
How the Grinch Stole...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:18 PM
58,822 Views  0 Posts
Name that Carol
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 06:34 PM
0 Posts
The Legendary Role of...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:17 PM
53,133 Views  0 Posts
There's Something About...
By MMC Editor
06-22-2010 10:42 PM
49,691 Views  0 Posts

Old 10-27-2009, 07:10 AM
Santa's Mentor

Last Achievements

Thanked 4,762 Times in 1,181 Posts
Snow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by Christmasstar View Post
Just found out from my boss that our annual Christmas party has been cancelled this year. He said that he got word from head office that all "extras" needed to be cut out. So that means no party and no Christmas bonus this year.

Does anyone else face these kinds of cuts at work?

I am grateful that I am still working when so many have no job right now, but still disappointed that we have to miss out on the fun stuff.
I just found out at work they are putting a freeze on any pay raises until further notice. Also there is a chance of no Christmas bonus, they haven't decieded on that yet though. But thankfully there is no mention of any layoffs, I can't see that happening though, we are staying busy enough. I work for a logistics company with several accounts, but they lost one of the accounts, and a lot of money with it. They have been trying to fill that account for several months now. The sooner they fill that account the better.

They must be listening to The Greasy Skillet Show. Hosted by RadioJonD! Every Saturday night 8:00 PM - 10:00 PM Eastern time!
Old 10-27-2009, 07:23 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 49,153 Times in 9,000 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I posted but didn't mention my job, lol.

I work for a mom and pop type store that has been in business for nearly 80 years and I am sure there will still be a Christmas bonus and the open house Christmas party we have for our customers. The owners wife will cook for days and have a large table set up with lots and lots of food. The customers are invited in all day long on Christmas Eve Day for a feast of food. It is a really nice gesture they do for the customers. I love working there. Everyone is like family to me and they really know how to treat their employees.

You should be listening to the Greasy Skillet Show with our very own RadioJonD every Saturday from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm central time! Be sure to join the group on Facebook to chat during showtime!

Listen to Kringle Radio for your Christmas music fix! Come on by, we are open 24/7 - 365 days a year!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (11-03-2009), Holiday (10-27-2009)
Old 10-27-2009, 08:09 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 19,057 Times in 3,080 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Yep - our work Christmas party was cut last year too & I imagine it will be cut again this year! It's always a fun night.... ah well!!! Last year we just "replaced" it with a get together with friends!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to Holiday For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (11-03-2009)
Old 10-27-2009, 09:05 AM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 143,642 Times in 26,453 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Christmas-A-Holic - It sounds like you work at a great place.
The Following User Says Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
Christmas-A-Holic (10-28-2009)
Old 10-27-2009, 01:10 PM
Christmasologist

mommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elf
Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic View Post
I posted but didn't mention my job, lol.

I work for a mom and pop type store that has been in business for nearly 80 years and I am sure there will still be a Christmas bonus and the open house Christmas party we have for our customers. The owners wife will cook for days and have a large table set up with lots and lots of food. The customers are invited in all day long on Christmas Eve Day for a feast of food. It is a really nice gesture they do for the customers. I love working there. Everyone is like family to me and they really know how to treat their employees.

Sounds like a fun place to work at. That is very nice of your employees to do that for the customers.
The Following User Says Thank You to mommytotwo For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2009, 06:15 AM
Santa's Mentor

Last Achievements

Thanked 4,762 Times in 1,181 Posts
Snow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by made582 View Post
Christmas-A-Holic - It sounds like you work at a great place.

It is a great place. Her boss treats her like she was his daughter. Very nice people there, and a great atmosphere to work in.

They must be listening to The Greasy Skillet Show. Hosted by RadioJonD! Every Saturday night 8:00 PM - 10:00 PM Eastern time!
The Following User Says Thank You to Snow-in-Texas For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2009, 06:45 AM
Princess of Christmas =0)
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,794 Times in 1,093 Posts
MsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the tree
Aww that sucks I hate this economy! As far as I know we are still having our Christmas party...but I work in a very small office of only 5 people including myself. Its 3 girls (admin asst's) and 2 agents (bosses). Us girls plan the party and bring in the food items.. but we do get a bonus from our bosses...our party is always on Christmas Eve which kind of sucks but we do get to close early and leave around noon after the party ends!
Old 10-28-2009, 07:05 AM
Christmasologist

Wenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
You'll just have to double the Christmas decorations in your office or cubicle!
The Following User Says Thank You to Wenceslaus For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (11-03-2009)
Old 10-28-2009, 11:06 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Location: Pennsylvania in my heart, North Carolina physically.
Santa's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to others
Well I know that our company is still doing it because they've had the poster up for is since Sept. But, I always do my own party for the 3rd shift people and we do it pot luck and do some guess how many are in the jar games and then I give away the jar of candy to who ever gets the closest.

Sorry that your party has been cancelled. That's a bummer. We used to get a bonus, a small one but still something extra but, they quit doing that about 9 years ago.

"You used up all the glue on purpose!"-A Christmas Story
Old 11-02-2009, 07:44 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,459 Times in 328 Posts
MerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to others
That is so sad Maybe you could organize some sort of pot-luck lunch to celebrate the season...

as for no bonus... that just plain sucks! I am sorry and hugging you *HUGS*