Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » Christmas Shopping Preference.

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,097
Threads: 54,010
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,841)
Welcome to our newest member, AmyHardy

Old 10-29-2009, 10:13 PM
Christmasologist

mommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elf
Not so much. That is one of the reasons why I do my shopping early/year around. I do not like having to deal with crowds, and long lines.

Old 10-30-2009, 05:07 AM
Santa Clausologist
Last Achievements

TamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happy
I prefer less crowds, so I try to plan accordingly. However, during the holiday shopping season that is nearly impossible, especially the closer you get to the big day. I also use the 24 hour Walmart at the wee hours in the morning so I have NO crowds. Just very little people and GREAT parking spaces. I usually come home from work on Friday night, and go to bed by 8pm. I get up at 1am and hit the 24 hour walmart for some quick gift and holiday menu shopping. Usually in 1 no more than 2 trips this way, I will be completely finished my shopping. Also we have a KOHLs store which stays open til midnite alot during holiday shopping. Going there at about 8 or 9pm you find less crowds because everyone is still at the malls. I avoid the malls at all costs. I shop online for stores in the malls. I do the best I can to avoid crowds. After Black Friday shopping, I have had my fill of crowds.
Old 10-30-2009, 07:08 AM
Santa Clausologist
Last Achievements

YellowSnow is a good elfYellowSnow is a good elfYellowSnow is a good elfYellowSnow is a good elfYellowSnow is a good elfYellowSnow is a good elfYellowSnow is a good elfYellowSnow is a good elfYellowSnow is a good elf
I'm sorta in between. I don't enjoy black Friday types of crowds; but, the crowds you get on the last few weekends before Christmas, I like. To me, shopping with the crowds is all part of the experience that makes the season exciting and unique.

YS
Old 10-30-2009, 08:02 AM
Mistletoeologist

ReineV has disabled reputation
I really really don't like crowds and this year, since H1N1 is going around and I have an infant, I'll be avoiding them all together because I don't want him to be exposed to it if I can help it at all. I think I'll be doing all of my shopping online this year.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:07 PM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

Terri has shown a merry disposition
I used to LOVE shopping with the crowds but the older I get, the less I enjoy it. I also used to get up early on Black Friday and be at stores by 4-430am. Not anymore - I just go out a little later
Old 11-01-2009, 08:20 AM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster
Last Achievements

DayTek has shown a merry dispositionDayTek has shown a merry dispositionDayTek has shown a merry disposition
I do all my shopping the first Saturday in December. I find this date to be a happy medium for me - I can still find a parking space and the crowds are busy, but not insane because everyone still has a few more weeks of shopping available.

The days before and Christmas Eve I avoid shopping all together. I've never shopped that close to Christmas and while some people may enjoy the last minute rush, I have a feeling it would ruin the experience for me. I like the crowds, but last minute shoppers can be unfortunately aggressive from what I've heard...So I stick to a few weeks before!
Old 11-01-2009, 11:55 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Maebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I don't like crowds too much. That's the main reason I decorate the house on the day after Thanksgiving. I do love to go to a mall (not many of those left) on Saturday or Sunday of the weekend. I'm not usually out to buy but to look at that time. We'll see...hubby is still trying to decide if we're buying for nieces and nephews. I say we should but he's not sure. If we go between 10 and 15 dollars it won't be so bad. Well, that's what I think. I also like going to stores a few days before for that Christmas spirit.
Old 11-01-2009, 01:54 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 80,696 Times in 13,355 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
star

I love the crowds at Christmas, to me that is part of the whole seasonal fun stuff. I really like to sit and watch the kids with Santa. The music, the people the noise, it's fun!
Old 11-01-2009, 04:23 PM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

Lucyuk has shown a merry disposition
I hate shopping when there's crowds. I like going when it's quiet.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:38 PM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger

olympicfan has shown a merry disposition
i like a happy medium i like the crowds when everyones getting along cause to me its part of the season but when people get ugly it kinda ruins everything... so merry crowds=good.... grumpy crowds/ones lacking the spirit= bad