Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Other Holidays > Thanksgiving » Homemade or Canned?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Thanksgiving Real Thanksgiving Thanksgiving is where Christmas really begins. Presented by Real Thanksgiving, this topic explores the activities, the foods, the entertainment and the family time of this classic American holiday.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,097
Threads: 54,002
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,737)
Welcome to our newest member, AmyHardy

Old 11-01-2009, 04:48 PM
Mistletoeologist

Smiley21 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSmiley21 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSmiley21 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSmiley21 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSmiley21 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSmiley21 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSmiley21 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSmiley21 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSmiley21 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSmiley21 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSmiley21 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Stuffing- I'm not big on stuffing...it really doesn't matter I guess
Cranberries- Canned. Its something about the lines in the canned cranberry sauce that makes it EXTRA delicious lol
Yams-FRESH my mom makes the best
Cornbread-Don't eat cornbread...ewww
Gravy-Homemade
Pumpkin Pie-Never had pumpkin pie...I grew up on Sweet Potato Pie...just as good though.

Fresh or Frozen Turkey? FRESH!

Old 11-02-2009, 11:32 AM
Christmasologist

mommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elf
Stuffing-Stove Top...and I like to add in celery, bacon, and onions-yum.
Cranberries-Canned-jellied
Yams-Canned-I don't think I have ever tried fresh yams before.
Cornbread-I am not good at making this, but like it, especially with butter, and honey.
Gravy-Either, during Thanksgiving I make both homemade, and packaged gravy.
Pumpkin Pie-Store bought, do not care for homemade.

Fresh or Frozen Turkey? Either
Old 11-02-2009, 11:42 AM
Invalid Email

lauriebear777 has shown a merry dispositionlauriebear777 has shown a merry dispositionlauriebear777 has shown a merry disposition
Stuffing - Stove Top, with stuff I add, carnberries, onions, & bacon, YUMMY!!!

Cranberries- depends on the time, I have used can but I SOOO love the homemade, everyone seems to not like the chucks I love them but no seeds!!!

Yams-Homemade, has to be!!!

Cornbread-We do not make cornbread on TD, we sometimes have homemade rolls but not every year.

Gravy-homemade gravy.

Pumpkin Pie-homemade, sort of, I maek the crust and I use the Libby can pumpkin and add my own spices, I do not sue the pumpkin pie filling though, just the plain pumpkin.

Fresh or Frozen Turkey? Either, we vary each year, we are thinking of going fresh this time.
Old 11-04-2009, 03:28 PM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

Twinklelights has shown a merry disposition
stuffing: usually stovetop but I can't stand it either way
cranberries: canned, jellied
yams and cornbread: no one ever eats it so we don't have it anymore
gravy: Definitely homemade, my mom makes the best
pumpkin pie: either, most of my family prefer apple anyways
Turkey: frozen...never tried fresh.
Old 11-06-2009, 10:53 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

snowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I usually use canned yams. I buy the raw cranberries and make the whole cranberry sauce as ever since I started doing that my family loves it. We make bread stuffing and also the gravy. I also use canned pumpkin although one year I made it with a pumpkin and the pie turned out kind of lumpy...it tasted good though!
Old 11-06-2009, 01:15 PM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,819 Times in 1,099 Posts
MsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the tree
Stuffing- I like Stovetop and usually make that throughout the year but for Thanksgiving and Christmas my Grandma makes the best homemade stuffing!
Cranberries- canned
Yams- My Grandma makes homemade but I dont like Yams
Cornbread- Box if its made but normally we will have brown and serve rolls yum yum!
Gravy- Homemade or canned.. I personally like the homemade but my Mom usually buys the canned
Pumpkin Pie- I like just about any kind of Pumpkin Pie!

Fresh or Frozen Turkey? My parents usually buy fresh but it doesnt really matter, I like both
Old 11-06-2009, 04:12 PM
Invalid Email

HouseElf has shown a merry dispositionHouseElf has shown a merry dispositionHouseElf has shown a merry dispositionHouseElf has shown a merry dispositionHouseElf has shown a merry disposition
Stuffing- homemade
Cranberries- homemade
Yams- fresh
Cornbread- homemade
Gravy- homemade
Pumpkin Pie- homemade

Fresh or Frozen Turkey? fresh

Old 11-07-2009, 09:32 PM
Santa's Mentor

Thanked 1,673 Times in 940 Posts
Annette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companion
Stuffing- Definitely homemade I even use a old type grinder for the celery and onions something similar to this
, I toast my own bread etc
Cranberries- Canned
Yams-Yuck
Cornbread-Don't use
Gravy-Definitely homemade
Pumpkin Pie-Definitely homemade

Fresh or Frozen Turkey? Preferably fresh although I have bought frozen before too.
Old 11-08-2009, 05:12 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger
Last Achievements

bigbearfla58 has shown a merry dispositionbigbearfla58 has shown a merry dispositionbigbearfla58 has shown a merry disposition
Everything accept the pie is home made at my house. I let Maria Callender provide the razzelberry pie and I roast a frozen turkey. Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-14-2009, 10:08 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

radiant star has shown a merry disposition
Stuffing- homemade. My mom makes delicious stuffing!
Cranberries- definitely homemade. This is one thing I love making myself.
Yams- not really into yams
Cornbread- I don't have it that often, but homemade!
Gravy- Homemade
Pumpkin Pie- Homemade!

I love baking & cooking.