Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » favourite christmas song?

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,976
Threads: 53,447
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,108)
Welcome to our newest member, Johnmak
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Christmas Tree The Evolution of...
By MMC Editor
10-10-2011 12:10 AM
66,163 Views  0 Posts
The Gift My Brother...
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:03 PM
45,760 Views  0 Posts
Bells The Magi
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 10:56 PM
Last post by MartinGibbs
12-07-2012 03:01 PM
70,144 Views  1 Posts
That's How You Eat Gravy
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:42 PM
46,034 Views  0 Posts
A Forgotten Classic:...
By MerryCarey
07-26-2011 08:06 AM
Last post by MerryBells
07-31-2011 06:14 PM
2 Posts

Old 10-12-2009, 06:53 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,156 Times in 714 Posts
kelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happy
favourite christmas song?

mine is...rockin around the christmas tree....love it!!

whats yours?
The Following User Says Thank You to kelly ann For This Useful Post:
MsChristmas (10-12-2009)
Old 10-12-2009, 06:56 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself

Faith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to others
It is too hard to choose.
I love all of them!!!! hahaha
I once had a musician friend of mine answer my question, "What is your favorite song" say..."Well, THIS week it's......!" hahaha
That's how I feel too...Today, my favorite Christmas song is "Mary Did You Know?".... hahahaha

Merry Christmasly yours,
Linda Bobo Reddoch
The Following User Says Thank You to Faith4always For This Useful Post:
MsChristmas (10-12-2009)
Old 10-12-2009, 08:00 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,569 Times in 3,711 Posts
George Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the Wisemen
Burl Ives Holly Jolly Christmas... how can you NOT smile when you hear the first few bars of that one..?
MsChristmas (10-12-2009)
Old 10-12-2009, 08:02 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 49,494 Times in 9,045 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Faithmom6 View Post
It is too hard to choose.
I love all of them!!!! hahaha
I once had a musician friend of mine answer my question, "What is your favorite song" say..."Well, THIS week it's......!" hahaha
That's how I feel too...Today, my favorite Christmas song is "Mary Did You Know?".... hahahaha
That is so true. What is the song of the week or even the day!!! It really depends on my mood. I have SO MANY favorites!!!

If I had to pick one, it would have to be Perry Como's, There's No Place Like Home for the Holiday. It has memories for me because when my daughter lived at home with us, her and I would be in the kitchen cooking Thanksgiving or Christmas meal and we would sing that one together. It's not like she lives too far from me now, just around the block. She still comes over and cooks with me and we sing that one together.

You should be listening to the Greasy Skillet Show with our very own RadioJonD every Saturday from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm central time! Be sure to join the group on Facebook to chat during showtime!

Listen to Kringle Radio for your Christmas music fix! Come on by, we are open 24/7 - 365 days a year!

The Following User Says Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
MsChristmas (10-12-2009)
Old 10-12-2009, 08:10 AM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 144,385 Times in 26,566 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
That is a hard one. If I had to choose just one it would be Mary did you know.
The Following User Says Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
MsChristmas (10-12-2009)
Old 10-12-2009, 08:16 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class

Snowfall has shown a merry dispositionSnowfall has shown a merry dispositionSnowfall has shown a merry dispositionSnowfall has shown a merry disposition
This is a tough one. I love so many Christmas songs, but if I had to pick just one... My favorite growing up was always What Child is This.

I agree with Faithmom and Christmas-A-Holic, though. It's more of a weekly or even daily basis thing for me!
The Following User Says Thank You to Snowfall For This Useful Post:
MsChristmas (10-12-2009)
Old 10-12-2009, 10:13 AM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

Elfmade has shown a merry disposition
It is hard to choose. I think the one I never tire of listening to is O Holy Night. The artist doesn't matter I like all of the versions.

But as far as the favorite song of the moment goes it's Straight No Chaser's "Indiana." I'm not from Indiana but I miss my family back in NY and this song reminds me that I will always being going back home to NY...that's where my heart is!

I know I'm randomly posting today and I have not met any of you. My name is Lesley and I live in Dallas but I'm from Buffalo. So, hi!
The Following User Says Thank You to Elfmade For This Useful Post:
MsChristmas (10-12-2009)
Old 10-12-2009, 10:19 AM
Mistletoeologist

Smiley21 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSmiley21 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSmiley21 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSmiley21 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSmiley21 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSmiley21 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSmiley21 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSmiley21 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSmiley21 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSmiley21 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSmiley21 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Please Come Home For Christmas by Charles Brown. It was my grandmother's favorite.
The Following User Says Thank You to Smiley21 For This Useful Post:
MsChristmas (10-12-2009)
Old 10-12-2009, 10:36 AM
One Happy lil Elf
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,149 Times in 816 Posts
Mumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happy
Originally Posted by kelly ann View Post
mine is...rockin around the christmas tree....love it!!

whats yours?
Oh Yes me too! I have loved that song for a very long time!!
I gotta say I have another one,By Shemika Copeland Stay a little longer Santa..nice and smooth song.

Pray for Peace People Everywhere!
Victoria
The Following User Says Thank You to Mumof2 For This Useful Post:
MsChristmas (10-12-2009)
Old 10-12-2009, 10:51 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class

Snowfall has shown a merry dispositionSnowfall has shown a merry dispositionSnowfall has shown a merry dispositionSnowfall has shown a merry disposition
Originally Posted by Elfmade View Post
It is hard to choose. I think the one I never tire of listening to is O Holy Night. The artist doesn't matter I like all of the versions.

But as far as the favorite song of the moment goes it's Straight No Chaser's "Indiana." I'm not from Indiana but I miss my family back in NY and this song reminds me that I will always being going back home to NY...that's where my heart is!

I know I'm randomly posting today and I have not met any of you. My name is Lesley and I live in Dallas but I'm from Buffalo. So, hi!
O Holy Night is one of my favorites too. I usually sing it at my church every Chirstmas Eve.

Welcome to the forums, by the way!
The Following User Says Thank You to Snowfall For This Useful Post:
MsChristmas (10-12-2009)