Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Controversy & Opinion » Athiests Launch New Campaign Using Christmas Against God

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Controversy & Opinion Visit Defend Christmas.com Presented by Defend Christmas, this forum covers the difficult topics of the season -- from the famed and fabled War on Christmas to church and state debates to using the star or the angel on the Christmas tree. Modern Christmas celebration has it's complications -- schools are divided, some Christmas light displays are too much, some even argue that it is better to call it a "holiday" tree. Some merchants won't even say "Merry Christmas"! Where there is controversy, there is insanity. Even in Christmas.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,842
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,836)
Welcome to our newest member, HVEKU

Old 11-03-2009, 08:20 AM
MMC Newshound

Thanked 1,555 Times in 1,078 Posts
ElfBot has disabled reputation
Athiests Launch New Campaign Using Christmas Against God

Seattle, Washington will be ground zero for a new attack by Athiests using Christmas to attack belief in God. The Freedom from Religion Foundation launched a press release today touting plans to splatter an image of Santa Claus saying “Yes, Virginia, there is no God” on buses, billboards and public venues:Starting this week, the Foundation [...]

More from Defend Christmas...
Old 11-03-2009, 11:16 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 80,275 Times in 13,281 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I would like to see them try to prove that there is no God.
The Following User Says Thank You to Christmasstar For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (03-08-2014)
Old 11-03-2009, 11:21 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,157 Times in 714 Posts
kelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happy
there really is no need for this is there? people need to respect others faith.
The Following User Says Thank You to kelly ann For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (03-08-2014)
Old 11-03-2009, 11:24 AM
Invalid Email

lauriebear777 has shown a merry dispositionlauriebear777 has shown a merry dispositionlauriebear777 has shown a merry disposition
That is the key Kelly Ann, most people only respect their own beliefs and faiths, I do not begrudge anyone who believes differently but no need to get nasty, it almost proves the opposite of what you are doing, I am not saying I take a back seat, do they use the US dollar??? Well, maybe they shouldn't it does state in God We Trust!
The Following User Says Thank You to lauriebear777 For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (03-08-2014)
Old 11-03-2009, 11:33 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 38,298 Times in 5,927 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I agree with Kelly Ann. Certainly we can agree to disagree with others without attacking them. This is just plain mean-spirited. Bad enough that we're expected to blush if we "err" by saying "Merry Christmas" to someone in passing instead of "Happy Holidays."

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following User Says Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (03-08-2014)
Old 11-03-2009, 12:04 PM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 51,982 Times in 9,434 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Wow! What a waste of time. I am not sure what they are going to accomplish by their actions.

The Following User Says Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (03-08-2014)
Old 11-03-2009, 12:27 PM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 156,252 Times in 28,875 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
If they don't mind sharing the season with christmas then why are they always attacking christmas.
The Following User Says Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (03-08-2014)
Old 11-03-2009, 01:01 PM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,926 Times in 497 Posts
mgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happy
PS 14:1 The fool says in his heart,
"There is no God."

The Following User Says Thank You to mgramsey For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (03-08-2014)
Old 11-17-2009, 06:01 PM
Santa's Doppelganger
Last Achievements

Billy Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Originally Posted by Christmasstar View Post
I would like to see them try to prove that there is no God.

And they would like to see you prove there is one.

I personally don't see anything wrong with this. They are trying to spread their beliefs. I always see billboards and things saying believe in God. They are saying don't. Plus they bring up valid points.
Old 11-17-2009, 07:07 PM
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,931 Times in 2,417 Posts
Jeff Westover has disabled reputation
They are trying to sell books, Billy. They can advance their beliefs, I think that's fine. But using the vehicle of Christmas to do it is, in my book, disingenuous.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jeff Westover For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (03-08-2014)