Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Hands-On > Christmas Food > Recipes » Chocolate Covered Cherries

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,079
Threads: 53,843
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,865)
Welcome to our newest member, MistleToeSnow

Old 10-14-2007, 08:27 PM
Santa Clausologist

officepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elf
light Chocolate Covered Cherries

Chocolate Covered Cherries From the kitchen of Debra Simpson

2 pounds powdered sugar
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 stick butter (melted)
1 teaspoon vanilla
about 3 small jars of cherries
1 package almond bark chocolate

Drain the cherries in a colander, saving some of the juice for any left-over cherries. Line 3 to 4 cookie sheets and/or baking pans with wax paper. Mix the powdered sugar, condensed milk, melted butter, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. When the mixture begins to form a dough, then mix by hand (this helps get the lumps out of the powdered sugar). Pinch off a small amount of dough. Press the dough into a circle slightly smaller than your palm. Take one cherry and roll the dough around it. Place the wrapped cherry on the wax paper lined cookie sheet or baking pan. After all the dough is gone, place them in the freezer for about an hour. Melt the chocolate (according to the directions on the package) in a medium mixing bowl. Remove the cherries from the freezer. Dip the cherries in the chocolate and replace them on the cookie sheets. (the easiest way to accomplish this is to drop a cherry by hand into the chocolate and use two forks to roll it around, making sure it is entirely covered with chocolate; then remove from the chocolate with forks and place on the cookie sheet) If desired, place the cookie sheets back into the freezer and leave for about 10 minutes to harden.
The Following User Says Thank You to officepro4u For This Useful Post:
ChristmasFanatic56 (11-17-2009)
Old 10-27-2007, 03:51 AM
Santa's Mentor

Thanked 1,673 Times in 940 Posts
Annette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companion
I have a recipe very similar to the one you had posted. I have yet to make any thou. But I love CCC...but have to admit I usually buy them.
Old 10-27-2007, 04:29 AM
Christmas Royalty

clarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnog
Thank -you, i will try them i love cheeries and i love chocolate! lol.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:55 AM
*The Christmas Queen* -- Hostess, Real Halloween.com

Last Achievements

Thanked 1,113 Times in 546 Posts
JanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the tree
Yum, but I wonder if its harder to make these or cheaper to buy? hehehe

♥Jana's Creations♥
{My photography Blog}
Old 10-27-2007, 12:47 PM
MMC Media Guru Extraordinaire

Last Achievements

dvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the tree
I am a BIG fan of chocolate cherries
Old 11-09-2007, 11:07 AM
Merry Forums Newbie
Last Achievements

hokiebabe has shown a merry disposition
I can tell you that we made these in high school for a fundraiser and sold them in boxes of a dozen for valentine's day. We had beatiful packaging and they were great to give as presents. The cherries turn out a million times better than any chocolate covered cherries I have bought. In fact, I have been searching for something similar that I can buy for many years! I miss those, but it is a lot of work.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:24 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

gennifyr has shown a merry disposition
I made these for my Halloween party, they are super easy, just make sure everything stays well chilled while making them. Here's the recipe I used.

1 jar maraschino cherries
3 tablespoons butter, softened
3 tablespoons corn syrup
2 cups sifted confectioners'
sugar
1 small bag chocolate chips
1 tablespoon shortening
Drain cherries and set on paper towels to dry.

In a medium bowl, combine butter and corn syrup until smooth. Stir in confectioners' sugar and knead to form a dough. Chill to stiffen. Wrap each cherry in about 1 teaspoon of dough. Chill in freezer until firm.

Melt chocolate and shortening in microwave. Dip each cherry in by its stem and place on wax paper. Chill until completely set. Peel off and re-dip bottoms. Chill again on wax paper and then place in truffle wrappers and store in an airtight container in a cool place. Best after 2 weeks.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:01 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Maebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
This is one thing I'll miss....my chocolate covered cherries. Yum! It just wasn't Christmas if I didn't get a box of them. My daughter always took care of me with those. Is there anything that can be substituted for confectionary sugar?
Old 11-16-2009, 08:27 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

One Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnog
A bit different than the ones I make, but sure sound yummy....Hmmm, so yummy, I just may have to try them....Thanks a bunch.....
Old 11-17-2009, 06:57 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

ChristmasFanatic56 has shown a merry dispositionChristmasFanatic56 has shown a merry dispositionChristmasFanatic56 has shown a merry dispositionChristmasFanatic56 has shown a merry disposition
I love them! Thx!