Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > Movies » It Nearly Wasn't Christmas (1989)

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Movies From 100+ year old silent films to new releases here we discussed the good, the bad and the ugly of Christmas at the movies.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,086
Threads: 53,912
Top Poster: xmas365 (164,784)
Welcome to our newest member, CharlieTheElf

Old 11-05-2009, 01:47 AM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

halfawake454 has shown a merry disposition
It Nearly Wasn't Christmas (1989)

Does anyone else remember this movie? They used to air it on Disney channel. I still remember it really vividly and the song that the dad of the little girl sings, "It nearly wasn't christmas this year cus santa wouldn't go..."

Anyway, I was hoping some other people remember it and best case scenario have a copy of it recorded or know where I can find this movie? I am pretty dang good at finding stuff on the internet, be it legal means of obtaining it or not :looks around:

However, I can not find a download of this movie ANYWHERE. I looked last year too, but no luck. I'm just holding out hoping someone that has it recorded on VHS can put it on the internet somewhere. I really want to see it again. Of course they never released an actual dvd for the movie, so I have no idea how I can see this movie again.

Old 11-05-2009, 01:48 AM

I meant to include the imdb page: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097601/

I didn't see an edit button for my post, so I'm just making another reply.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:25 AM
Invalid Email

lauriebear777 has shown a merry dispositionlauriebear777 has shown a merry dispositionlauriebear777 has shown a merry disposition
I do remember that movie, and I really liked it, I think you can buy it but I have not seen it on TV in a very long time.
Old 11-05-2009, 01:00 PM

The closest I ever came to finding the movie was a while back apparently blockbuster had a digital version up for sale for download, according to people online, but I haven't been able to find such a thing

Wish disney would just leak it onto the internet. It's not like they are making any money from it now.
Old 11-05-2009, 01:44 PM
Invalid Email

lauriebear777 has shown a merry dispositionlauriebear777 has shown a merry dispositionlauriebear777 has shown a merry disposition
I wonder if anyone out there may have a copy and they can share, I do not think it is illlegal if you do not charge for it right???
Old 11-05-2009, 08:40 PM

If it was some expensive movie or something that they would be making a lot of money off of they might not want you to distribute it period, but from experience most of these places don't really care about old movies that they don't show anymore and didn't put on dvd's. Just as long as you're not selling it.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:51 PM

A lil Flakey has shown a merry disposition
I dont remember this one. The one I am looking for is for my husband, Twas the Night before Christmas with the Christmas mice, This is his favorite but I cant find it. I am also looking for The cricket in Times Square...
Old 11-05-2009, 10:58 PM

Flakey, do you know what years those are? I've not seen either of them, but I came up with this on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a46lTHxc1bo

I don't know if it is the show you're looking for, but it is christmas and has mice in it, so lemme know. I looked for the cricket in time square, but couldn't find anything initially. TV movies are some of the hardest things to find online I've found. Generally they are never released on DVD, so your only hope is that you find someone who recorded it on VHS and is willing to put it online.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:31 PM
MMC Media Guru Extraordinaire

Last Achievements

dvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by A lil Flakey View Post
I dont remember this one. The one I am looking for is for my husband, Twas the Night before Christmas with the Christmas mice, This is his favorite but I cant find it. I am also looking for The cricket in Times Square...
cricket on the hearth?

if you are referring to the night before christmas where the mouse breaks the clock tower it should be included with frosty