Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » Who here goes out to eat for their holiday meals?

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,976
Threads: 53,451
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,178)
Welcome to our newest member, Johnmak
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
The Muppet Christmas...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:09 PM
49,711 Views  0 Posts
It's the Gift, Not the...
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:38 PM
36,344 Views  0 Posts
What do elves get paid?
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 04:58 PM
48,766 Views  0 Posts
“Home for the Holidays”...
By MerryCarey
05-14-2012 11:45 AM
40,740 Views  0 Posts
It's a Wonderful Movie
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:04 PM
55,103 Views  0 Posts

Old 11-04-2009, 05:54 PM
Christmasologist

mommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elf
bell Who here goes out to eat for their holiday meals?

I sometimes wish I could do this, and not stress over what I need to cook, how much of it, setting up, cleaning up.... I know that there are those of you who do get to do this, so tell us about it. Where do you go to? What do you order? Ex. For Thanksgiving, do you order the typical turkey meal?
Old 11-04-2009, 06:20 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 49,494 Times in 9,045 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Occasionally we have gone to a cafeteria here that has great tasting food for Thanksgiving. We have only done this when everyone in the family was too busy to do a lot of cooking. Usually everyone gets a typical Thanksgiving meal. The first year we did this, I didn't like it at all because we met up to eat then everyone went home afterward. The holiday was so short and not much visiting with the family. The next time we planned it we followed up with coming to my house for dessert, coffee and games. It took a lot of stress out of the time spent in the kitchen cooking and cleaning and made good quality time with the family.

You should be listening to the Greasy Skillet Show with our very own RadioJonD every Saturday from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm central time! Be sure to join the group on Facebook to chat during showtime!

Listen to Kringle Radio for your Christmas music fix! Come on by, we are open 24/7 - 365 days a year!

Old 11-04-2009, 06:47 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,240 Times in 12,639 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
star

Never gone on the actual day, but have gone out with friends before and after the holiday. I am more of a home body and there would have to be some kind of disaster before I would go out on the actual holiday to eat. (Plus I would feel to sorry for those having to serve me missing their own dinner to do so!)
Old 11-05-2009, 09:51 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 36,358 Times in 5,604 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
How about takeout? For Thanksgiving, when there are only two of us, we usually get a "meal for 3" from Boston Market, with sliced turkey, three large sides, and cornbread---enough for a hearty meal plus leftovers. I like to get a little ham on the side, too. I make stuffing, dinner rolls, and dessert at home to go with the takeout food.

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
Old 11-05-2009, 10:20 AM
Mayor of The North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 27,642 Times in 4,416 Posts
Bradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
What about going out for Chinese, like in "A Christmas Story"? I could for for some smiling duck!
ChristmasFanatic56 (11-05-2009), Christmasstar (11-05-2009), GingerMel (11-05-2009)
Old 11-05-2009, 04:43 PM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster
Last Achievements

DayTek has shown a merry dispositionDayTek has shown a merry dispositionDayTek has shown a merry disposition
We get Chinese food for our pot luck on Christmas Eve, does that count?
Old 11-06-2009, 08:40 AM
Merry Forums Twinkle Light Checker

Dukicin1 has shown a merry disposition
Christmas Eve is when we get together with my parents and when we started this about 8 or so years ago, my mother opted for us to go out to dinner before church and then back to her house to open presents after church. It was nice.

Last year I told my mother that I wanted to stay in on Christmas Eve for a change, so she made dinner. Looking back, this probably was a bit selfish because she had to spend part of Christmas Eve in the kitchen, so this year I'm going to suggest carry-out Chinese. We used to do that when my Grandmother was alive.

Old 11-06-2009, 09:02 AM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 144,509 Times in 26,591 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
We usually order pizza for christmas eve but I think it would take some of the fun out of christmas day if we went out to eat.