Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Hands-On > Christmas Decorations > Lights & Decorations » Can there be too many decorations on a tree?

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,977
Threads: 53,464
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,699)
Welcome to our newest member, SnowflakeMom
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
A Parent's Night Before...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 06:41 PM
40,432 Views  0 Posts
The Rudolph Controversy
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:21 PM
47,980 Views  0 Posts
present The Delicate Art of...
By MMC Editor
09-13-2011 12:12 AM
46,177 Views  0 Posts
How Santa Does It
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:19 PM
46,494 Views  0 Posts
Top Ten Questions for...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:08 PM
54,667 Views  0 Posts

Old 11-17-2009, 06:22 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

Allie has shown a merry disposition
Well then I guess to some of you, my tree may be WAY over decorated! haha It seems like I've been adding a new group of decorations to it every year. One year it was these big green balls with red velvet poinsettias on them. One year it was mittens. One year it was glittery icicles...it just keeps going. I was thinking about adding big poinsettias to it this year. Not sure yet if I'm going to or not, but I seem to have a lot of just round, ball ornaments on it and I want to add something different. This was last year

:

and up close:

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Allie For This Useful Post:
Annette1990 (11-17-2009), snowflake22 (02-07-2014), TamaraQT (12-01-2009)
Old 11-17-2009, 03:55 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

One Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnog
It really looks wonderful, if you feel it needs more, go for it.....I do like the look though.....Enjoy decorating.....
The Following User Says Thank You to One Spoiled Brat For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-07-2014)
Old 11-29-2009, 05:50 PM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

Ashley951 has shown a merry dispositionAshley951 has shown a merry dispositionAshley951 has shown a merry disposition
The trees look great!! I never really thought there could be "too many decorations". That is, unless you can't see the tree at all through them. :P
But, it's a matter or personal taste. For me, the more decorations..the merrier!
The Following User Says Thank You to Ashley951 For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-07-2014)
Old 11-30-2009, 12:27 PM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

UJSupanova is a good elfUJSupanova is a good elfUJSupanova is a good elfUJSupanova is a good elfUJSupanova is a good elfUJSupanova is a good elf
I was thinking about this yesterday when i did this tree for my friend's house, she always gets me to do the decorating for her because she prefers how it looks. I think it looks ok but there's loads on it! I'm doing the tree for my house later tonight so i'll post pics of that later.

this is my friend's tree, we've both decided to go for artificial trees this year as last year's real trees dried up really quickly.

The Following User Says Thank You to UJSupanova For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-07-2014)
Old 11-30-2009, 12:28 PM

UJSupanova is a good elfUJSupanova is a good elfUJSupanova is a good elfUJSupanova is a good elfUJSupanova is a good elfUJSupanova is a good elf
Originally Posted by UJSupanova View Post
I was thinking about this yesterday when i did this tree for my friend's house, she always gets me to do the decorating for her because she prefers how it looks. I think it looks ok but there's loads on it! I'm doing the tree for my house later tonight so i'll post pics of that later.

this is my friend's tree, we've both decided to go for artificial trees this year as last year's real trees dried up really quickly.

edit: this pic was taken before the fairy was put on the top!
Old 11-30-2009, 12:34 PM
Radio Partner, The Christmas Station

Thanked 1,523 Times in 516 Posts
CJ498 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCJ498 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCJ498 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCJ498 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCJ498 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCJ498 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCJ498 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCJ498 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCJ498 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCJ498 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCJ498 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
As long as the decorations are arranged right and done with taste, I don't think its possible to overdecorate a tree, and all the tree pictures in this thread look awesome!

http://www.live365.com/stations/tscradiotwo
The Following User Says Thank You to CJ498 For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-07-2014)
Old 11-30-2009, 02:38 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,186 Times in 364 Posts
frostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
All of these look great!!
The Following User Says Thank You to frostyman For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-07-2014)
Old 12-01-2009, 04:39 AM
Santa Clausologist
Last Achievements

TamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happy
I don't have any complaints. They all look great to me!
The Following User Says Thank You to TamaraQT For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-07-2014)
Old 12-01-2009, 10:03 AM

silverwolf has shown a merry disposition
Originally Posted by Allie View Post
Well then I guess to some of you, my tree may be WAY over decorated! haha It seems like I've been adding a new group of decorations to it every year. One year it was these big green balls with red velvet poinsettias on them. One year it was mittens. One year it was glittery icicles...it just keeps going. I was thinking about adding big poinsettias to it this year. Not sure yet if I'm going to or not, but I seem to have a lot of just round, ball ornaments on it and I want to add something different. This was last year

:

and up close:

That is the most gorgeously decorated living room I've ever seen. That is like the perfect Christmas setup!

As for my opinion, I think a laden tree is a good tree, just not so much that the tree itself is hidden.
The Following User Says Thank You to silverwolf For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-07-2014)
Old 12-02-2009, 06:00 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

jollyliz has shown a merry disposition
Originally Posted by mariataylor View Post
I love your tree, it looks great. I put a theme up on mine, so it's full but I have a large tree in the living room. One trick I do is put the balls inside the tree so they reflect the light back out. Makes it look beautiful.
While out this past weekend I found some mirrored balls, they look like disco balls, put them on the inside and you're right it really does make it look special! Although while putting them up I had them on my desk adding hangers and the sun came in and hit them... I nearly went blind and the room lit up like a disco. lol

When I finish doing the rest of it (the apartment) I'm going to take some pictures for the show off section of the board.

"Christmas was on it's way. Lovely, glorious, beautiful Christmas, upon which the entire kid year revolved." -- A Christmas Story
The Following User Says Thank You to jollyliz For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-07-2014)