Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Hands-On > Christmas Decorations > Lights & Decorations » Do you do the same decorating every year?

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,432
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,657)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Why the Big Guy is a Big...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:10 PM
0 Posts
stocking Thanksgiving Activities...
By MMC Editor
11-20-2011 01:52 PM
62,972 Views  0 Posts
santahat The Real History of the...
By MMC Editor
10-24-2013 12:44 PM
16,507 Views  0 Posts
The Best of Christmas...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:51 PM
Last post by Minta
04-01-2014 10:33 AM
47,731 Views  3 Posts
Christmas in England
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:13 PM
43,439 Views  0 Posts

Old 11-20-2009, 11:32 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,059 Times in 612 Posts
joyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happy
tree Do you do the same decorating every year?

I just realized that I was getting in a rut doing the same decorating, so I started decorating yesterday and it's taking longer because I'm changing some things. Now every year I do my tree differently but I'm talking about other decorations, lights inside, lights outside, garland placement and etc.

I have two small wall trees and I had baskets on the bottom of them so it would look like they had a trunk and the trunk was sitting in the baskets. So I put them up yesterday and got to thinking it's time for a change. So I found a small box shaped exactly like I wanted it and I wrapped it in gold shiny paper and put small ornaments on each side to hid my tape and use the box as a base for my tree that has the colors gold and copper. oh I just had an idea, I should look for copper colored pennies to glue to the box, that would look neat. If my pennies are to discolored, I can clean them and make them shine with ketchup.

Then I had a small teal colored drawstring bag that sparkles, so I put it on the base of my other wall tree so it looks like a regular tree with the base wrapped in a bag. This tree I'm doing in the colors teal and white so the bag is perfect.

Busy busy busy and I got to get busy now, decorating makes the house a wreck.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joyful For This Useful Post:
Annette1990 (11-20-2009), snowflake22 (02-07-2014)
Old 11-20-2009, 11:57 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class

Snowfall has shown a merry dispositionSnowfall has shown a merry dispositionSnowfall has shown a merry dispositionSnowfall has shown a merry disposition
This is my first year in this house, but when I lived in my small apartment by myself I did the same thing every year. I never had the time to really plan out good decorations. Even this year, what with the house still in a bit of disarray, it'll be hard to do. But I hope to change it up every year. We'll see in the coming years how I handle that!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snowfall For This Useful Post:
joyful (11-20-2009), snowflake22 (02-07-2014)
Old 11-20-2009, 01:09 PM
Radio Partner, The Christmas Station

Thanked 1,523 Times in 516 Posts
CJ498 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCJ498 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCJ498 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCJ498 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCJ498 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCJ498 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCJ498 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCJ498 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCJ498 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCJ498 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCJ498 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I try to do something different each year, however there are some special and sentimental decorations and ways I put them up that I do the same every year, because that is how it was when I was a kid.

http://www.live365.com/stations/tscradiotwo
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CJ498 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2009, 01:34 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

novelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elf
I have alot of decorations that I use every year, but since my dad passed away two yers ago, I have some decorations from his house, so i guess they could be considered new decorations, since i haven't had them very long. WE also buy a new decoration once in a whie, and this year my husband bought a figuring st from BJ's from Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer. So, that is somthing new this christmas.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to novelist For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2009, 01:59 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 49,369 Times in 9,026 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I have about 30 boxes of decorations, that's just my indoor decor. I put my decorations in different places each year. There are a couple of decorations that have their own designated places each year. For instance my bathroom decor is the same every year and the doorway to my den is the lined with colored lights with the fake mistletoe hanging from it. The big tree is usually in the same spot each year and stockings are hung from the mantle. All my other decorations get rotated. I never ever get rid of decorations and replace them with new ones, I just keep adding more and more each year. I could never part with any ornament or decor because they all have sentimental value to me. The angel on top of my tree is 21 years old this year. My daughter was a toddler when I got her. The tree would not be the same without the angel. The angel is lit up with white lights and I cannot believe in 21 years that I have never had to replace a bulb!

We bought some new outdoor decorations to add to what we have so it will be a little different this year.

You are so right about the house becoming a wreak while trying to decorate. I decorated all day Monday from 10 am until 9 pm and still have 10 more boxes of decorations to bring out. I planned to get the rest of the decorations out the next day. I woke up Tuesday real sick and still am and now my house is in chaos with boxes stacked up everywhere. It is driving me crazy but every time I try to get up to do something I end up back in bed.

You should be listening to the Greasy Skillet Show with our very own RadioJonD every Saturday from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm central time! Be sure to join the group on Facebook to chat during showtime!

Listen to Kringle Radio for your Christmas music fix! Come on by, we are open 24/7 - 365 days a year!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2009, 02:09 PM
Santa's Mentor

Thanked 1,668 Times in 940 Posts
Annette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companion
I have more Christmas decor than I probably need (but can't seem to live without...*L*. I do mine differently because some years I don't feel like pulling everything out. Plus I didn't really have the room in our home before (soon thou I hope, like next year). I hear ya about the mess it all makes. Just dragging out boxes and going through it all can be tiring. But I always remind myself of the finished product and how beautiful everything will look so it really makes it worth it. I don't usually get everything done in a day or even three days for that matter. It takes time to get it all just so.
Old 11-20-2009, 03:50 PM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

Allie has shown a merry disposition
I tend to change up some things. I have a big wreath above my fireplace that I redo every year. And I seem to always add a group of decorations to my tree. Last year I also changed the ribbon from red to white that I put on top. I think this year I may mix the two. I'm also adding red lights to the white. The things I have sitting on tables, the tv stand, the fireplace, etc always change because it seems I'm always buying new decorations. So I end up sitting things in different places every year. The outside seems to pretty much stay the same though, because we (for some strange reason) don't have a whole lot of outlets outside so we have to plug things in all over the place. It's crazy. And once we figured out how to get everything plugged in, we try to keep it that way because it was nuts trying to figure it out. And we really don't have any room to add anything else.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Allie For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2009, 10:53 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,282 Times in 784 Posts
brittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companion
Usually all the ornaments and lights we had for indoor went on our tree..but for the first time in my families history, we had a tree theme! haha
It has black, silver, burgandy & gold ornaments, with white lights!! I Love it! at first i was kind of unsure of what it would look like..but i was proven wrong.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brittd19 For This Useful Post:
joyful (12-01-2009), snowflake22 (02-07-2014)
Old 11-24-2009, 08:11 AM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 144,054 Times in 26,503 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I try to buy new stuff every year so I can change it up. When I was young I use to decorate the same every year but now I like it to be different.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
joyful (12-01-2009), snowflake22 (02-07-2014)
Old 11-24-2009, 08:36 AM
Gig Harbor Elf

This year is loaded with firsts...

In the past I've always been in a traditional setting, this year not so. All new setting and because of how things work sometimes, all new decorations and in this case, traditions to be started all over again. So the short answer to your question. No... Looking forward to new and different that will be the beginning of future new and differents.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
joyful (12-01-2009)