Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Controversy & Opinion » California Bans Oregon Christmas Trees

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Controversy & Opinion Visit Defend Christmas.com Presented by Defend Christmas, this forum covers the difficult topics of the season -- from the famed and fabled War on Christmas to church and state debates to using the star or the angel on the Christmas tree. Modern Christmas celebration has it's complications -- schools are divided, some Christmas light displays are too much, some even argue that it is better to call it a "holiday" tree. Some merchants won't even say "Merry Christmas"! Where there is controversy, there is insanity. Even in Christmas.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,125
Threads: 54,222
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,310)
Welcome to our newest member, AMcLoud

Old 11-25-2009, 12:02 AM
MMC Newshound

Thanked 1,583 Times in 1,099 Posts
ElfBot has disabled reputation
California Bans Oregon Christmas Trees

California — the only state in the US with agricultural inspection stations at state border crossings — won’t be looking inside coolers for stray fruit coming into the Golden State. They will be looking at the tops of cars and backs of pick-up trucks for rogue Christmas trees imported from the neighboring northern state of [...]

More from Defend Christmas...

Old 11-25-2009, 02:37 AM
Webmaster Partner, Why Christmas?

Last Achievements

whychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
There's nothing like a good bit of local Christmas Tree rivalry!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to whychristmas For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (03-09-2014)
Old 11-26-2009, 03:06 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 81,031 Times in 13,418 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
star

The California Department of Food and Agriculture says it will confiscate the trees at the agency’s Smith River Border Inspection Station on Highway 101 in an effort to stop the spread of sudden oak death, a deadly tree disease caused by a fungus.
Actually this one makes sense to me. We have bans here in Ontario about the import of firewood for similar reasons.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:05 AM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

silverwolf has shown a merry disposition
Do people actually have to go through checkpoints to enter California? Do all their interstates have these checkpoints? I've never heard of a state having checkpoints, only the nation itself.
The Following User Says Thank You to silverwolf For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (03-09-2014)