Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Controversy & Opinion » Appeals Court Rules Schools Can Ban Christmas Carols

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Controversy & Opinion Visit Defend Christmas.com Presented by Defend Christmas, this forum covers the difficult topics of the season -- from the famed and fabled War on Christmas to church and state debates to using the star or the angel on the Christmas tree. Modern Christmas celebration has it's complications -- schools are divided, some Christmas light displays are too much, some even argue that it is better to call it a "holiday" tree. Some merchants won't even say "Merry Christmas"! Where there is controversy, there is insanity. Even in Christmas.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,088
Threads: 53,915
Top Poster: xmas365 (165,659)
Welcome to our newest member, MGunderso

Old 11-27-2009, 10:16 PM
Santa's Doppelganger
Last Achievements

Billy Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Originally Posted by JanaBanana View Post
Why?
Take religion out of school? BUT its ok to teach children about Homosexuality, Birth Control, Abortions, Safe Sex, & Politics.. the list can go on an on how corrupt the school system is .. but how dare they teach children about religion. Something that might actually be a good thing?
What a sad world we live in.
I dont think those things I listed above should be taught in school and yet they are. PUSHED pretty much. But yet if I want my 6 year old sings "Away in A Manger" its banned? Can anyone else see how wrong this is? Or is it just me??
Jana I don't think that most of the stuff you listed should be taught in Schools either. I think that Sex Ed should be available, but should require parents permission. With that being said if a School offered a religious course as an elective I wouldn't have a problem with that.

My question for you is if you believe that religion should be taught in schools does that go for all religion. Would you be comfortable with your child going to a school that taught Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism as well as Christianity?

Old 11-27-2009, 10:52 PM
Every time a bell rings..

Last Achievements

Thanked 1,303 Times in 610 Posts
rodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the tree

Jana - Seed was planted.....up to them to grow - not us.....
Old 11-28-2009, 05:09 PM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

halfawake454 has shown a merry disposition
I agree with Bill Battles. They shouldn't teach religion in school unless it is an elective. The problem with that is then they would need to create an elective for like every possible religion to be fair. If they have a Christianity elective class than people will say that the government is choosing Christianity over every other religion. There should also stay separation of church and state. If they started mixing it'd be Christianity that would basically be deciding the laws since it has way more members in the U.S. than any other religion or nonbelievers. Put yourself in another persons shoes. Would you want to have to start following rules that you know originated from a religion that you don't believe in? I doubt you'd want to. I'm sure you want to follow Jesus' teachings.

There are a lot of things that certain religions see as a sin, but aren't really harming anyone or anything. For example, I personally think religious ideas had a TINY bit role in making prostitution illegal and why it is kept illegal. If the brothels in Nevada have taught us anything it is that prostitution can work if regulated and eliminates all of the problems that people have with it. The only arguments that are really left are to argue from personal opinion that one thinks it is wrong or immoral.

My point is that too many problems arise when you begin to merge church and state. And it's obvious that Christianity would be the deciding religion since there are so many more Christians in this country than anything else. It's like what Thomas Jefferson said about democracy being a mob rule, "A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine."
Old 11-29-2009, 01:08 PM
Every time a bell rings..

Last Achievements

Thanked 1,303 Times in 610 Posts
rodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the tree
=(

As this once great country continues to spiral out of control and go down the toilet - lets all just give in to the those that want anarchy, no religion and no respect for the basis of what our founding father designed for this country...
What many people fail to realize (or care about) is that those same lines of teachings (yes that may have come from he Bible) are the same ones that at one point had children that were well behaved, people respecting one another, people knowing its the right thing to do to educate themselves and get a job (not take hand outs or EXPECT for other to take care of you), and had the rest of the world respecting us as well....

But hey - lets just give in - give up - and give it all away......
Old 11-30-2009, 02:28 PM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,926 Times in 497 Posts
mgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happy
I'm afraid our family was forced to "give up" on public schools. My wife teaches at and our son attends a private Christian School that still proclaims the truth; "Jesus is Lord." It is also worth noting that most of the kids that have left our school were moved up a grade in public school and that most of the public school kids that come to our school have to go back a grade.

Maybe our ancestors were on to something. You can teach Christian values and principals while excelling in academics. I eagerly await the time when we can use vouchers and support Christian Schools.
Luke 2:11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. <><
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mgramsey For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (11-30-2009), JanaBanana (11-30-2009), rodmonster (11-30-2009), snowflake22 (03-08-2014), Storeytime (11-30-2009)
Old 11-30-2009, 02:54 PM
Mayor of The North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 29,331 Times in 4,653 Posts
Bradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
We send our children to a private Christian school, and I happily work many extra hours to pay for it. We were dismayed at the state of public schools. It's plainly obvious to anyone who takes the time to look that the public schools have been overrun by political correctness to the point of being rendered ineffective. I went through the local public school system and am grateful for the education I received there. Now, however, the mere mention of God on the property can be actionable. The children are undisciplined, drunk with power in the knowledge that the staff cannot punish them in any effective manner.

If you guys think this is an improvement, you're sadly mistaken.
JanaBanana (11-30-2009), mgramsey (11-30-2009), rodmonster (11-30-2009), snowflake22 (03-08-2014)
Old 11-30-2009, 08:25 PM
*The Christmas Queen* -- Hostess, Real Halloween.com

Last Achievements

Thanked 1,113 Times in 546 Posts
JanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by Bradmac View Post
Now, however, the mere mention of God on the property can be actionable. The children are undisciplined, drunk with power in the knowledge that the staff cannot punish them in any effective manner.

♥Jana's Creations♥
{My photography Blog}
The Following User Says Thank You to JanaBanana For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (03-08-2014)
Old 11-30-2009, 11:25 PM
Santa's Doppelganger
Last Achievements

Billy Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Originally Posted by Bradmac View Post
We send our children to a private Christian school, and I happily work many extra hours to pay for it. We were dismayed at the state of public schools. It's plainly obvious to anyone who takes the time to look that the public schools have been overrun by political correctness to the point of being rendered ineffective. I went through the local public school system and am grateful for the education I received there. Now, however, the mere mention of God on the property can be actionable. The children are undisciplined, drunk with power in the knowledge that the staff cannot punish them in any effective manner.

I agree with you that public schools are in shambles, however there are private schools that are not Christian schools that give a high quality education and the kids are not unruly. It is the way public schools are ran and not the absence of God that causes havoc.
Old 12-01-2009, 06:56 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

One Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnog
Brad....We need more parents like you and your wife, what a blessing to read your post.....When God was removed from schools, we see what happened....God be with you, always....Merry Christmas

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to One Spoiled Brat For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (12-01-2009), rodmonster (12-07-2009), snowflake22 (03-08-2014)
Old 12-01-2009, 08:35 AM
Mayor of The North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 29,331 Times in 4,653 Posts
Bradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Billy Battles View Post
I agree with you that public schools are in shambles, however there are private schools that are not Christian schools that give a high quality education and the kids are not unruly. It is the way public schools are ran and not the absence of God that causes havoc.
I'd have to respectfully but vehemently disagree with you on this point, my friend.
JanaBanana (12-07-2009), mgramsey (12-01-2009), rodmonster (12-07-2009), snowflake22 (03-08-2014)