Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,094
Threads: 53,948
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,220)
Welcome to our newest member, TeamYANTSU

Old 12-03-2009, 03:29 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class

bumblee has shown a merry disposition
fake trees no water no needles no mess no worryin about disposal we just wrap it in a sheet and downstairs it goes plus its always the perfect shape
The Following User Says Thank You to bumblee For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-05-2014)

Old 12-04-2009, 10:40 AM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 161,429 Times in 30,687 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
We have an artificial tree. I love that I don't have to worry about watering it and that I can put it up as early as I want. I have never had a real tree though so I don't know if I would like it better. I usually get a real wreath to hang up in my apartment to give me the smell.
The Following User Says Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-05-2014)
Old 12-04-2009, 10:51 AM
Official button pusher!

Last Achievements

Thanked 6,006 Times in 1,080 Posts
Undrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the tree
Pros to a fake tree -
Doesnt die
No water needed
Can be reused

Cons to a real tree -
Cat will climb it
Cat will drink the water
Tree dies
I cant keep it up for 2 months and alive lol
Did I mention the cat will climb it? hehe
Thank you, Louann. We will never forget you!
The Following User Says Thank You to Undrtakr For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-05-2014)
Old 06-10-2010, 10:53 PM
Christmas dreaming...

Last Achievements

Thanked 75,309 Times in 15,050 Posts
xmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I was a man who had to go out and select and cut down the perfect Griswold sunbeam shine from the heavens Christmas tree between 7-8 ft tall. (little full, lots of sap) The Christmas season of 2004 my wife was pregnant with our first child, she talked me into a artificial tree for 2 reasons, she couldn't help me as much with her being pregnant, and we had lost a few treasured ornaments by the tree falling the Christmas before, and she couldn't handle losing more. Now I love my artificial trees, because I can keep them up as long as I want and don't have to worry about them dying. When my boys get older, I will take them out for the experience of finding that perfect tree. In the meantime I have my Griswold sunbeam shine from the heavens moment finding the perfect...pumpkin for Halloween.
Old 06-11-2010, 03:31 AM
Santa's Mentor

Last Achievements

Thanked 3,130 Times in 1,064 Posts
irishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the tree
We have an artificial tree but I would rather a real one

Love the smell of a real tree
Old 06-11-2010, 07:58 PM
Emerging from the Cave
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,123 Times in 693 Posts
Courtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happy
Love real trees, they are beautiful and they smell so, so fabulous. BUT, we use a fake one. I don't like that trees are grown and cut down just for decoration. I also don't like cleaning up needles and having a fake tree is just easier and more economically and environmentally friendly in the long run.
The Following User Says Thank You to Courtney For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-05-2014)
Old 06-12-2010, 11:27 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class

Snowfall has shown a merry dispositionSnowfall has shown a merry dispositionSnowfall has shown a merry dispositionSnowfall has shown a merry disposition
I like to put my tree up right after Thanksgiving so I have a fake tree, but I do love the smell of the real ones. Maybe someday, when I have a house big enough, I'll have a real tree for a few days just around Christmas.
The Following User Says Thank You to Snowfall For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-05-2014)
Old 06-12-2010, 02:44 PM
...and Noel's mama, too!

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,926 Times in 1,651 Posts
judesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemen
Real tree gal here! It would be a heck of a lot easier to have a fake one with a toddler, a baby this year, and two cats, but I LOOOOOVE picking out a tree, the smell, everything!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to judesmama For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-05-2014), xmas365 (06-12-2010)
Old 06-13-2010, 04:43 PM
One Happy lil Elf
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,152 Times in 817 Posts
Mumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happy
I love them both.Last year we got a HUGE tree,and loved it. im still finding needles every so often.lol

Pray for Peace People Everywhere!
Victoria
The Following User Says Thank You to Mumof2 For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-05-2014)
Old 06-17-2010, 06:36 PM
Christmasologist

SparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Who doesn't love real trees? However.... I have a fake tree. Ever since our state was warned that the cut live trees we were getting had been cut in September... and should only be kept inside for a few days..... because they were a huge fire hazard!

Now... I put my tree up right after Thanksgiving and leave it up until New Years Eve. It looks beautiful with the lights and decorations!
The Following User Says Thank You to SparkleNana For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-05-2014)