Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » Our Santa Parade, 2009

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,975
Threads: 53,446
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,107)
Welcome to our newest member, Angelfrog
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Christmas in Italy
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:22 PM
46,147 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Tree The Christmas Tree Ship
By MMC Editor
01-03-2013 03:15 PM
Last post by Stnicholas01
07-17-2013 02:30 PM
39,027 Views  1 Posts
Feast of Fools
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:33 PM
54,062 Views  0 Posts
Dear Santa: Christmas...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:41 PM
48,539 Views  0 Posts
If Only She Hadn't Winked
By MMC Editor
06-09-2002 08:18 PM
Last post by caninemomssister
12-01-2013 05:36 PM
57,224 Views  1 Posts

Old 11-30-2009, 03:32 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,221 Times in 12,636 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
star Our Santa Parade, 2009

Copied from our local paper the Beacon Herald:

Nothing, it seems, can spoil a good parade.
Despite the incessant drizzle Sunday evening, an estimated 3,000 spectators lined the downtown route for Santa's Parade of Lights while paraders sang Christmas tunes, played their musical instruments and honked their horns.

And Ms. Pettipas said her family appreciated the treats given out by Tim Hortons and the Stratford Optimists.
Getting into the Christmas spirit for sure were a group of volunteers from Knox Presbyterian Church who were offering free cups of hot chocolate.
The group included Grace Rothwell, Charles and Margaret Lupton and Vivian Harding.

A significant part of the parade this year was the participation of a large contingent of paraders from Bethel Tabernacle.
The group included about 80 costumed participants, said Ruth Kneider, who credited co-ordinators Andy and Jane Pearson for the staging which included an authentic looking Nativity scene at city hall along with several farm animals and shepherds.
"We really had huge support," said Ms. Kneider, who noted the church was invited by event organizers to become involved.
She said there was lots of interest in the Nativity.
The evening event culminated with a biblical reading of the Nativity story by Stratford Shakespeare Festival actor James Blendick.

Only one of the 77 parade entries was a no-show, he said, and that was because of a breakdown on the way to the parade.
"Everybody showed and, in the rain, to me that was incredible."
The parade was a full hour, running from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m.
about 3,000 spectators stretching from Ontario Street down to the YMCA.
http://www.stratfordbeaconherald.com...spx?e=2199385#

That "incessant drizzle" was actually a continual downpour! But it was fun despite that.
Santa and Mrs Claus
Our TOPS members marching in the rain
This is where we had to line up

The rest of my pictures did not turn out unfortunately, I was shaking to much in the chill I guess!
Old 11-30-2009, 05:23 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 49,494 Times in 9,045 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Glad you had fun even though it rained.

You should be listening to the Greasy Skillet Show with our very own RadioJonD every Saturday from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm central time! Be sure to join the group on Facebook to chat during showtime!

Listen to Kringle Radio for your Christmas music fix! Come on by, we are open 24/7 - 365 days a year!

The Following User Says Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (12-01-2009)
Old 11-30-2009, 06:01 PM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

OZ has shown a merry disposition
santahat

I love the kids all dressed up and with their brollies.
See Santa won't be held up by a little drop of rain.
The Following User Says Thank You to OZ For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (12-01-2009)