Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » My Christmas day plans are finalised, what about yours?

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,976
Threads: 53,451
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,178)
Welcome to our newest member, Johnmak
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Top Ten Questions for...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:08 PM
54,660 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Tree The Christmas Tree Ship
By MMC Editor
01-03-2013 03:15 PM
Last post by Stnicholas01
07-17-2013 02:30 PM
39,057 Views  1 Posts
Santa Speaks 2002
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 10:57 PM
35,677 Views  0 Posts
The Art of Wassail
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:19 PM
43,952 Views  0 Posts
Top Ten Christmas Videos...
By Jeff Westover
12-16-2013 08:10 AM
14,117 Views  0 Posts

Old 12-02-2009, 02:14 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,091 Times in 713 Posts
JOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the tree
My Christmas day plans are finalised, what about yours?

ok, they are kind of finalised, the christmas dinner part is subject to change but i don't think it will!

the plan is to get up early on christmas morning (not difficult with a 3 month old baby!) switch the christmas lights on, put the christmas music on and get isobel bathed and dressed in her beautiful new christmas clothes, i will then get ready and my OH and i will open our presents. i will then head to my mums house to meet up with the family, we will make our annual christmas trip to our local pub at about 12pm (the kids will come with us, it's a family friendly place) where will we stay until about 2pm. we will then head back to my mum's for some mulled wine until 3.30pm when i will go to my dad's house for christmas dinner - traditional turkey and all the trimmings. at about 6pm i will head to my inlaws for turkey sandwiches and bucks fizz (champagne mixed with pure orange juice) after that my OH, isobel and i will get ourselves home for about 9pm. i will put isobel to bed and spend the evening relaxing and watching christmas films.

i can't wait, but it's hard work doing all that visiting. hopefully next christmas we won't be in this apartment, we will have a house and then i might just do a big family get together at my place!

Despite my username, I am female!
Old 12-02-2009, 02:27 PM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,111 Times in 3,695 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
now that sounds like a great christmas....did You get married?

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

Old 12-02-2009, 02:35 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 49,501 Times in 9,047 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Sounds like fun!

We don't have everything planned out yet but I know Christmas Eve will be spent at my uncles and Christmas Day at my house. We will plan all the details about a week before Christmas.

You should be listening to the Greasy Skillet Show with our very own RadioJonD every Saturday from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm central time! Be sure to join the group on Facebook to chat during showtime!

Listen to Kringle Radio for your Christmas music fix! Come on by, we are open 24/7 - 365 days a year!

Old 12-02-2009, 03:28 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class

frostrabbit has shown a merry disposition
Sounds like a fun day!

I've still got my timings to work out (ie when to put the turkey in the oven, start prepping vegetables etc) but other than that, plan for the day is to get up early, drink some bucks fizz, make sausage sandwiches for my husband and I, listen to christmas music while opening the presents, play some games, watch christmas films and tv programs together, phone various family members to wish them Merry Christmas oh and eat LOTS (provided I get all my timings right that is!!)
Old 12-03-2009, 05:31 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,257 Times in 12,642 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
star

Originally Posted by JOHNOR View Post
ok, they are kind of finalised, the christmas dinner part is subject to change but i don't think it will!

the plan is to get up early on christmas morning (not difficult with a 3 month old baby!) switch the christmas lights on, put the christmas music on and get isobel bathed and dressed in her beautiful new christmas clothes, i will then get ready and my OH and i will open our presents. i will then head to my mums house to meet up with the family, we will make our annual christmas trip to our local pub at about 12pm (the kids will come with us, it's a family friendly place) where will we stay until about 2pm. we will then head back to my mum's for some mulled wine until 3.30pm when i will go to my dad's house for christmas dinner - traditional turkey and all the trimmings. at about 6pm i will head to my inlaws for turkey sandwiches and bucks fizz (champagne mixed with pure orange juice) after that my OH, isobel and i will get ourselves home for about 9pm. i will put isobel to bed and spend the evening relaxing and watching christmas films.
I have not really even thought about Christmas day organizing! I have been working on our family party on the 19th, dinner with friends on the 6th and 20th, 3 other Christmas parties, delivering Christmas hampers, my daughters birthday party and a partridge in a pear tree!!
Old 12-03-2009, 06:58 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,111 Times in 3,695 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
On Christmas Eve we will go to my mom at around 10am to just spend time together...eat some sandwich, maybe a watch a christmas flick...then at 4pm we will go to church....after that we are driving to my grandparents to celebrate a bit with and open their presents....after that.....all of us will go to our place, where will have some simple dinner and have drinks...then the kids will go to play....or go outside...but before put milk and cookies for santa on the table....when they are outside I go and prepare the room, presents come beneath the tree, candles are lit.......and then....I go outside and ask them if they heard the sleighbells.......then we will open the presents and spend the evening together....as we will the two days after that as well

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

Old 12-03-2009, 08:01 AM
Princess of Christmas =0)
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,797 Times in 1,093 Posts
MsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the tree
Christmas Eve I have to work a 1/2 day but then we go over my In Laws..they havent decided if there will be lunch meat platters and salads or a turkey and ham with all the trimmings this year. My parents and brother are also invited which makes it very nice so that we are all together on Christmas Eve. We head home between 7:30 - 8:30pm so that we can still enjoy our own home and decorations for a few hours. Although I will be putting my 2 year old son to bed around 9 or so.. and the baby will fall asleep when he pleases . Christmas Day we open gifts at our home, then go over my parents to open more gifts..then back to our house for the afternoon and Christmas dinner... a spiral ham with all the trimmings! Gosh Im hungry talking about this!

Old 12-04-2009, 08:56 AM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 144,608 Times in 26,605 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
WE don't have dinner figured out yet because everybody keeps changing their minds. We spend christmas eve at my sisters and then spend the night at my aunts house. We wake up christmas morning and go back to my sisters house for a breakfast of homemade cinnamon rolls. Then we open our gifts and have our big meal for lunch. The afternoon is usually spent opening all of the gifts for my nieces and then watching them play with everything. Then it is home to watch the christmas specials on tv.
Old 12-04-2009, 09:37 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

radiant star has shown a merry disposition
We'll open presents Christmas morning and just lay around for awhile. Around 2pm, we'll go to my aunt's house for the rest of the evening. The only thing not planned is what we're doing with my mom's side of the family.
Old 12-04-2009, 12:15 PM
Merry Forums Super Administrator

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,408 Times in 1,736 Posts
Maureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the Wisemen
Boris

I'm hugely impressed with your gameplan and it sounds wonderful!!

I'm going to bet though that you fall asleep right after Isobel, on the couch after sitting down to relax and you'll miss all your Christmas films!!!!!!!