Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat > Home & Family » Did you have a Christmassy weekend ???

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,975
Threads: 53,447
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,108)
Welcome to our newest member, Angelfrog
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Real or Artificial?
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 08:49 PM
45,664 Views  0 Posts
Christmas in America...
By MMC Editor
10-18-2011 01:41 AM
64,326 Views  0 Posts
Gift for Men
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 06:42 PM
57,119 Views  0 Posts
The Rudolph Controversy
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:21 PM
47,951 Views  0 Posts
The Nativity Story...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 08:49 PM
Last post by caninemomssister
12-01-2013 06:14 PM
53,920 Views  1 Posts

Old 12-14-2009, 06:35 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,288 Times in 787 Posts
brittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companion
yes indeed.. On Friday my mother, father & I went to a christmas staff party..& had SO much fun!!
Then saturday evening my family went around and decorated random christmas trees throughout the town...yesterday we did my bosses house.. it was HILARIOUS!!!
Old 12-14-2009, 08:27 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class

pkcrafty is a good elfpkcrafty is a good elfpkcrafty is a good elfpkcrafty is a good elfpkcrafty is a good elfpkcrafty is a good elfpkcrafty is a good elfpkcrafty is a good elfpkcrafty is a good elfpkcrafty is a good elf
I baked and baked and baked and baked with my girls, my sister in law and my niece. We made cookies for 12 hours on Saturday! woo hoo!
Old 12-15-2009, 02:18 AM
Christmasologist

kerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Originally Posted by brittd19 View Post
yes indeed.. On Friday my mother, father & I went to a christmas staff party..& had SO much fun!!
Then saturday evening my family went around and decorated random christmas trees throughout the town...yesterday we did my bosses house.. it was HILARIOUS!!!

What a great idea !!! Do you just pick out a tree in town and start decorating it ?? I always decorate one my trees with handmade natural decorations (this year it's pinecones and dried orange slices) and I was just wondering what I could with these decorations next year since I won't use them again. So that's perfect !! Next year I will use them to decorate a tree in town !! THANKS FOR THE SUGGESTION !
Old 12-15-2009, 10:58 AM
Had enough snow, thanks.
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,754 Times in 1,084 Posts
MerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to others
I did indeed! I play piano for a local amateur Chorus, and we performed at three nursing homes and one church over the weekend. We've done a total of 7 nursing homes, 3 churches, and 1 Christmas party for a school for the disabled. It's very rewarding, especially the nursing homes. It's wonderful how the residents perk up during the concert!
Old 12-16-2009, 06:36 AM
Christmasologist

kerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Wow ! That sounds like a lot of fun !!! Would love to see the smiles on their face !
Old 12-16-2009, 10:17 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,617 Times in 578 Posts
whitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnog
Friday night was my office Christmas party. Saturday I went scrapbooking and we did a Dirty Santa exchange and also got a gift from our supplier. Saturday night we took my parents out to eat and then to my uncle & aunt's for our annual Christmas visit to their house. The kids got & gave a gift from & to them. Sunday after teaching part of the Christmas Story in Sunday School, I went with DD & MIL to the Nativity Pagent. After coming home and opening Christmas cards from fellow church members, I watched part of Muppets Christmas Carol before taking a nap. I did all the advent calendars with DD as well.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:36 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,221 Times in 12,636 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
star

Originally Posted by kerst View Post
Did you do anything special this weekend ? Pre-Christmas party ? Christmas markets ? Family outing ? Christmas movie ?.......
I have had and will have a Christmas dinner / party every weekend in December. Our big family party is this Saturday and I will have a bout 30+ people in my house for the day.
Old 12-22-2009, 02:41 AM
Christmasologist

My sister visited on Saturday and we went to look at the nativity exposition at the church. Every year they invite people to bring in their nativities and put them on display. I brought two.

We went Christmas shopping, looked at decorations and walked on the beach covered in snow.

Sunday I did some more shopping and shovelled snow ) A very Christmassy thing to do !!

Last night I had invited two friends but only one made it because of the snow. We had a nice evening with champagne and appetizers and christmas music and looked through my scrapbook from previous years.

So far so goos, it is still WHITE outside !!! Hope the snow will last until Friday !!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg xmas 2009 49.jpg (49.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg xmas 2009 50.jpg (55.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-23-2009, 02:42 AM
Christmasologist

Yesterday I went to surprise a friend, the one who didn't make it to my house the night before. I brought her a basket full of Christmas cheer: a small poinsettia, a candle, an orange decorated with cloves, a xmas CD, candy cane etc... I brought the left-overs from the night before, including some champagne and lots of appetizers. She was so thrilled she was shaking. We had a great time !