Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » December 26th - What do you do?

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,432
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,553)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
santahat Remember when Black...
By MMC Editor
11-12-2013 12:55 AM
Last post by thechristmasmusicman
01-27-2014 10:42 AM
18,394 Views  4 Posts
Bells The Nativity: The Story...
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 10:42 PM
81,062 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Gifts,...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:50 PM
43,862 Views  0 Posts
Mostly Homemade (and...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2011 03:22 PM
60,835 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Stockings
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:15 PM
52,057 Views  0 Posts

Old 12-26-2009, 07:42 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,467 Times in 910 Posts
Minta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the tree
We always celebrate with hubby's father & his fiance and her kids and hubbys siblings. We rotate houses each year and this year it was at our house. had a house full of family for several housr today. It was a great day!
The Following User Says Thank You to Minta For This Useful Post:
Father Christmas (12-27-2009)
Old 12-26-2009, 10:08 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Maebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
No special celebration but we do get together with all of Rick's siblings and any other family members that come along for the ride. We made some beef and chicken BBQ (sloppy joes) and had a nice evening. I bought a gingerbread train kit and two of the kids and I put it together. Once we had the pieces together, the girls put the candy where they wanted. It turned out cute and tasted good, too. We still have part of it left. This morning, I got up to look for some after-Christmas specials and to get 3 things..... Wii remote battery packs and two Hoyle computer games....Card Games and Puzzle and Board Games. I love those two games. They were on my Christmas list but I didn't get them so I saw them on Wednesday when I was at Target so went there today to get them.
Old 12-27-2009, 02:53 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,005 Times in 3,682 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
The 26th of December is our official 2nd Christmas Holiday....25 being the first...and of course we have Christmas Eve as well....so we celebrate three big days of Christmas....usually we have another big day of dinner, spending time together and celebrating.......this year....we had a special 26th.....my brother, his five year old daughter Sarah, my mother plus Kandice and I drove to hours to the biggest and best amusement Park Germany has to offer.....from November through January they have their Winter Opening....including a Weihnachtsmarkt (Christmas Market).....decked out rides....even the roller coaster tracks have olights on em (of course just the ones that can´t go, cos of the cold)....they had a light parade, a light show.....a 30 minutes Christmas musical....mulled wine.....everything You could ask for.....here´s a link so You can read
http://www.europapark.de/lang-en/c51...6/default.html

some vids I found on youtube.com that show the magic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_456Q5r2DI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5SjG...eature=related
this is a little video I found of the Lights Christmas Parade from 2009...so here it is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYPtb...eature=related

this Park always ends up best in those park tests in Europe...even better than euro-disney....I have been there from the time I was very little....and even back then it was awesome....in case You ever get to the South-West of Germany...try to get there...it´s awesome......Kandice and Sarah´s lit up so much....they were glowing....and ours (the grown-ups) too

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

Last edited by trackrebel; 12-27-2009 at 02:54 AM. Reason: had to add another link
The Following User Says Thank You to trackrebel For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2009, 10:06 AM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener
Last Achievements

B-Link has shown a merry disposition
26th is St.Stephen's Day in my country and 2nd day of Christmas. It's normal Christmas Day just without gift opening. Christmas Day is reserved for family but St. Stephen's Day is day when we visit our friends, long-distance relatives or just neighbours. I'm so, so sad that this magic in USA finishes on 25th. I think that there is to much hype, to much effort, to much everything, that You just stop this on Christmas Day.
I didn't post so much on this forum, but I will change that in future, and my mission will be to use your stories for my Christmas studying and my book that I will write. And first of all I will try to understand why do americans all stop on 26th, when I was in your country I was so happy with your hospitality and your open-minded way of life. Maybe I was wrong, maybe that is just a New York.
Please be gentle to us, Europeans, we just do not understand why do you undecorate everything after Christmas Day and why do You decorate everything after Halloween. I hope I will found that answers here. Cheers
The Following User Says Thank You to B-Link For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2009, 05:26 AM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 143,937 Times in 26,485 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Our tradition is to hit the stores and try to find new decorations for the next year.
The Following User Says Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
Father Christmas (12-28-2009)
Old 12-28-2009, 07:08 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger
Last Achievements

bigbearfla58 has shown a merry dispositionbigbearfla58 has shown a merry dispositionbigbearfla58 has shown a merry disposition
My day after Christmas traditions are to carve the meat off the turkey and then use the carcass to make turkey stock and turkey soup later in the day. I get the house back in shape after the big day and plan on taking a nice long afternoon nap.

I also have a stack of Christmas CD's and DVD's, cookies, eggnog and fruit cake to keep me in the Christmas spirit.
The Following User Says Thank You to bigbearfla58 For This Useful Post:
Father Christmas (12-28-2009)
Old 12-28-2009, 01:39 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
Last Achievements

Father Christmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoeFather Christmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoeFather Christmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoeFather Christmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoeFather Christmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoeFather Christmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoeFather Christmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoeFather Christmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoeFather Christmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoeFather Christmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoeFather Christmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Originally Posted by Christmasstar View Post
It is boxing day here in Canada too. I will be going to pick up my mom at my brothers place later this morning and stopping in at Walmart to exchange on gift and pick up some stuff for new years eve (and check out any sales!)

Some great responses guys, interesting I didnt know you had Boxing day in Canada too!
Old 01-03-2010, 03:11 AM
Christmasologist

Wenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Eating lots of leftovers from the last two days, and going to clearance sales at the stores. The decorations definitely stay up until the Epiphany, though!
Old 01-03-2010, 09:46 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 26,367 Times in 4,395 Posts
ballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
We shop til we drop!
Old 01-05-2010, 01:19 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,161 Times in 408 Posts
DoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
We eat leftovers, play around with what we got for Christmas and kind of bum around I get a bit sad because that means everything will come down soon.