Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

Traditions & Memories This forum area discusses all the time honored traditions of Christmas. From Christmas trees to mistletoe to great fun with Santa these topics bring us together and inspire great celebration year round. We relish learning of Christmas from all parts of the world and sharing unique cultural traditions from all over. Share your ideas and fond memories here!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,975
Threads: 53,446
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,108)
Welcome to our newest member, Angelfrog
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Christmas Tree Decorating with Rope...
By JeanetteDi
08-30-2011 08:04 AM
65,973 Views  0 Posts
The Year the Reindeer...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2002 08:17 PM
64,091 Views  0 Posts
Gift 2 Catching Santa: Ain't...
By Elf Ed Zachary
11-26-2013 03:03 AM
4,350 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Stockings
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:15 PM
52,076 Views  0 Posts
Annual Survey of...
By MMC Editor
09-16-2013 08:19 AM
Last post by icetene33
10-21-2013 04:04 PM
19,374 Views  2 Posts

Old 12-28-2009, 12:40 PM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

The Merry Marcils has shown a merry disposition
Post Christmas blues

I'm feeling them worse this year that usual.
It came and went too quickly but was a great time!

Merry Christmas all!(nooo, don't throw me out yet! I'm sill pretty and colorful!)
The Following User Says Thank You to The Merry Marcils For This Useful Post:
xmas365 (01-08-2010)
Old 12-28-2009, 12:58 PM
Official button pusher!

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,910 Times in 1,066 Posts
Undrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the tree
I know what you mean. But we can always post here all year round and my merry Christmas radio is on all year!!!!
Thank you, Louann. We will never forget you!
Old 12-28-2009, 01:04 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 49,494 Times in 9,045 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I am doing much better this year than I did last year. I think maybe because I have this group to come to! Hallmark is still showing Christmas movies and that is helpful to watch. I hope you feel better soon!

You should be listening to the Greasy Skillet Show with our very own RadioJonD every Saturday from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm central time! Be sure to join the group on Facebook to chat during showtime!

Listen to Kringle Radio for your Christmas music fix! Come on by, we are open 24/7 - 365 days a year!

The Following User Says Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
Wen (01-06-2010)
Old 12-28-2009, 01:27 PM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger

Location: Mersea Island, UK - Moving to Vancouver, Canada 2012
singingringingtree is a good elfsingingringingtree is a good elfsingingringingtree is a good elfsingingringingtree is a good elfsingingringingtree is a good elfsingingringingtree is a good elfsingingringingtree is a good elfsingingringingtree is a good elfsingingringingtree is a good elfsingingringingtree is a good elf
I'm feeling a bit flat too. I have today started a new 2010 Christmas present list (to buy for), visited the sales and ticked a few names off the list. Tomorrow I am going to take down our Christmas cards, re-read them all and make any updates to my Christmas card list before putting them in the recycling.

As I have said before, I adore the build-up to Christmas, but would happily take down everything the day after Boxing Day and start looking forward to next year.

Old 12-29-2009, 07:05 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,569 Times in 3,711 Posts
George Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the Wisemen
Christmas being over doesn't bother me nearly as much as New Year's and thinking back on the past year, remembering loved ones no longer with us and opportunities missed... fortunately, there are less of the missed opportunities in 2009...
Old 12-29-2009, 07:30 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

One Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnog
At least we have this site to keep Christmas going all year, what a blessing you all are.....Thanks for a wonderful place to come hang out at......

The Following User Says Thank You to One Spoiled Brat For This Useful Post:
Smiley21 (05-10-2010)
Old 12-29-2009, 09:13 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,470 Times in 911 Posts
Minta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the tree
No blues here.....even though we are taking down the Christmas decorations this weekend my snowmen decorations will be going up in their place. Granted I do not have nearly enough snowmen stuff and I do Christmas but it's still good.

Working on the Christmas 2010 notebook. Already came up with gift ideas for a few people and bout a few small gifts/stocking stuffers as well. Also including a section for Halloween and Thanksgiving in my notebook and may even add in a section for the kids birthday parties.

Christmas 2009 may be winding down but the planning for Christmas 2010 is just getting started!!!
Old 12-29-2009, 03:29 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,091 Times in 713 Posts
JOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the tree
nothing worse than those blues.

best thing you can do is stay positive and strong and look forward to the fresh start ahead in 2010. this site is great and we all post all year long (even though it's quieter in the first half)

the way time goes by, it will be the build up to christmas 2010 before we know it! the great thing about christmas is that it always comes back!

Despite my username, I am female!
Old 12-30-2009, 07:29 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 36,341 Times in 5,604 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by The Merry Marcils View Post
Merry Christmas all!(nooo, don't throw me out yet! I'm sill pretty and colorful!)
I saw the first "demoted" Christmas tree out on the curb this morning---so sad. One perk to having an artificial tree is not having to put it out on the curb to depress others who are suffering from Christmas withdrawal!

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
Old 12-30-2009, 07:32 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 49,494 Times in 9,045 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by MerryCarey View Post
I saw the first "demoted" Christmas tree out on the curb this morning---so sad. One perk to having an artificial tree is not having to put it out on the curb to depress others who are suffering from Christmas withdrawal!
I hate seeing trees on the curb especially when someone will throw it out on Christmas night! I didn't see that this year but have in the past.

You should be listening to the Greasy Skillet Show with our very own RadioJonD every Saturday from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm central time! Be sure to join the group on Facebook to chat during showtime!

Listen to Kringle Radio for your Christmas music fix! Come on by, we are open 24/7 - 365 days a year!

The Following User Says Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
Wen (01-06-2010)