Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2010

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,978
Threads: 53,472
Top Poster: xmas365 (151,038)
Welcome to our newest member, ShontelleE
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
The Holly and the Ivy
By MMC Editor
06-08-2008 09:25 PM
67,508 Views  0 Posts
How to Get Your Teen in...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:28 PM
42,391 Views  0 Posts
A Mom's Letter to Santa
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 06:40 PM
Last post by lauriebear
09-16-2011 12:36 PM
59,995 Views  3 Posts
"Cousin Jane's Mistake"......
By MerryCarey
05-14-2012 12:01 PM
44,417 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Stockings
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:15 PM
52,106 Views  0 Posts

Old 02-05-2010, 07:32 PM
Santa's Mentor

Thanked 1,668 Times in 940 Posts
Annette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companion
Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic View Post
I made myself a deal this new decade to finally overcome being a "pack rat". I was really bad 10 years ago then got better over the years but still had a problem accumulating things I didn't need. I have actually got rid of so much since January 1st and simplified things by keeping only what I need. A great feeling! I still have a few more cabinets and drawers to go through and toss some more things out. The only thing I will remain a pack rat with is all my Christmas stuff. I NEED ALL THAT!
I hear ya! I've also been downsizing too....even alot of my Christmas stuff (I've got alot...and I mean alot). It's hard because everything has a meaning to it...*L* But I do agree how much more simplified it would make things. I go to my brothers and his wifes home which is newer and modern and it's soooo peaceful... few things hangin on the walls, nothing sitting on the table or countertops etc. I strive to be like that. Don't get me wrong I'm a clean freak...spotless.. but I have a collecting habit...*L*
Old 02-05-2010, 07:35 PM
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,891 Times in 2,409 Posts
Jeff Westover has disabled reputation
I'm a bit jealous of folks getting tons of snow. We're still waiting for ours. On another note, I took in some dry cleaning today and the lady helping me made some small talk about who I was rooting for in the Super Bowl. I had to confess that I'm not a fan and the Super Bowl is a total non-event in our house.

Are we just weird?
Old 02-05-2010, 07:46 PM
*The Christmas Queen* -- Hostess, Real Halloween.com

Last Achievements

Thanked 1,111 Times in 545 Posts
JanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the tree
No Jeff you arent weird... well unless we are also weird? We dont do the Super Bowl either... Unless my father inlaw wants to gather with us on that day an in that case I will because my mother inlaw is the most amazing cook in the world...

We just finished dinner.. I made a whole roasted chicken... homemade rolls and ceaser salad.

©♥Jana's Creations♥
{My photography Blog}
Old 02-05-2010, 07:46 PM
*The Christmas Queen* -- Hostess, Real Halloween.com

Last Achievements

Thanked 1,111 Times in 545 Posts
JanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the tree
{ignore my typos}

©♥Jana's Creations♥
{My photography Blog}
Old 02-05-2010, 07:58 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Location: Pennsylvania in my heart, North Carolina physically.
Santa's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to others
Getting tons of snow here!!! Praying the power stays on as it's been flickering, my cell phone is blowing up with all of the texts from my friends and facebook notifications going through and I have no school tomorrow!!! I left the tutoring center today at noon and my friend called me and said that it was cancelled due to the expected snow storm!!! I was so happy. I feel like a kid again with a snow day!

"You used up all the glue on purpose!"-A Christmas Story
Old 02-05-2010, 08:12 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 49,914 Times in 9,105 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Annette1990 View Post
I hear ya! I've also been downsizing too....even alot of my Christmas stuff (I've got alot...and I mean alot). It's hard because everything has a meaning to it...*L* But I do agree how much more simplified it would make things. I go to my brothers and his wifes home which is newer and modern and it's soooo peaceful... few things hangin on the walls, nothing sitting on the table or countertops etc. I strive to be like that. Don't get me wrong I'm a clean freak...spotless.. but I have a collecting habit...*L*
It would be so hard to get rid of any of my Christmas things. I have 2 closets full of Christmas stuff and a lot up in my attic. At least I know that if I ever decide to downsize my Christmas collection, I can pass along things to my daughter and her family that way the sentimental decorations will be in the family.

You should be listening to the Greasy Skillet Show with our very own RadioJonD every Saturday from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm central time! Be sure to join the group on Facebook to chat during showtime!

Listen to Kringle Radio for your Christmas music fix! Come on by, we are open 24/7 - 365 days a year!

Old 02-05-2010, 08:12 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 49,914 Times in 9,105 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Santa's Helper View Post
Getting tons of snow here!!! Praying the power stays on as it's been flickering, my cell phone is blowing up with all of the texts from my friends and facebook notifications going through and I have no school tomorrow!!! I left the tutoring center today at noon and my friend called me and said that it was cancelled due to the expected snow storm!!! I was so happy. I feel like a kid again with a snow day!
I sure hope the electricity stays on for you!

You should be listening to the Greasy Skillet Show with our very own RadioJonD every Saturday from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm central time! Be sure to join the group on Facebook to chat during showtime!

Listen to Kringle Radio for your Christmas music fix! Come on by, we are open 24/7 - 365 days a year!

Old 02-05-2010, 08:14 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,470 Times in 911 Posts
Minta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the tree
Hi everyone...... we are in the mists of a major snowstorm here....calling for 20 - 28 inches where we are!!!!! Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow! Got a turkey thawing in the frig now...going to cook that tomorrow...going to have a mini t-day dinner!!! Made brownies tonight!
May have to pop in a christmas movie tomorrow too!!!

Have a great night!
Old 02-05-2010, 08:49 PM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 145,293 Times in 26,723 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Coach- they only got in about 45 minutes of practice today before the rain started in daytona but Junior was fastest at the time they called it. He goes out 6th in qualifying tomorrow so i guess we will see then how well he does.

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the get Steven Colbert to keep Lovemas tradition movement!!!
Stay Safe and Hurry Back Dawg!!!!
Old 02-05-2010, 10:07 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 26,427 Times in 4,402 Posts
ballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Hey friends! Just getting in from ballgames.

My, what an exciting couple of days we have had and have in store!

Fires, snow, crazy people, superbowl, nascar.....WOW!

Well, the plan for the weekend is simple. Pretty do anything the wife wants tomorrow. Tomorrow night, I will watch the ARCA race and Nascar Race on DVR. Sunday, working in the morning, afternoon, and watching superbowl and working Sunday evening! As for now, bedtime.

Hope you all have a great weekend!