This survey was posted in another Christmas group & it was kinda fun, so what better place to post it than here?? You know what to do...copy paste & change the answers to your own.
About the TREE....
1. When do you put up the Christmas tree? I start the week of Thanksgiving. I get the tree up & if I have time, the lights & garland on, so that I can start decorating the Friday after Thanksgiving.
2. Real or Fake?? Fake. I’ve never had a real tree.
3. Lights? What color? Multi, with a strand or 2 of clear.
4. Garland? Yes
5. Theme or no theme? No theme. I have a lot of ornaments from the tree I always use to put up at my parents house. My mom went to a pre-decorated pencil tree, so I got any of the ornaments I wanted.
I have a 7 1/2' OSU Buckeye Tree in the basement that is all OSU ornaments w/ clear & red lights, red & silver garland, red & silver beads, & a red, & silver bow as a topper.
6. What kind of topper?? Lighted star, although I need to buy a new one this year, so I’m not sure what I’ll get
7. What's your favorite ornament? I can’t pick just one! I have several ornaments with special meanings!
8. What does your tree skirt look like? Red with snowmen & white trim
9. Where do you put your tree? In front of our 2 large living room windows.
10. Who decorates the tree? ME!!! My hubby gets the heck out of dodge & 2 or 3 of my long time girlfriends come over for “wine day”. We eat cheese, drink wine, & decorate the tree….ok, I decorate & they drink wine & watch! Lol!
11. What's "under" the tree?? Carolers, Santa, Snoopy & presents
12. Do you put candy canes on your tree? Sometimes, but not every year.
About the FOODS....
1. What's your favorite Christmas cookie? cut out sugar cookies.
2. Do you bake cookies and give them away? Definitely!
3. Any "special" foods or candy that you only have at Christmas time? Smokehouse spaghetti
4. What do you eat Christmas EVE?? Smokehouse spaghetti, garlic bread, bruschetta, salad, whatever side dishes everybody brings, cookies, & candy!
5. What do you eat on Christmas day?? My MIL makes turkey, chicken &/or ham, deviled eggs, 7 layer salad, corn, cookies, & candy
6. Do you like Eggnog?? yes
7. Do you like candy canes? Oh yeah
1. Where do you hang your stockings? On the fireplace mantle
2. Do you put lights on your house? Yep, that’s my hubby’s job!
3. Got any outside lawn decorations? Yes, a lighted tree, a deer my Dad made, & we had a baby deer (also made by my Dad) but it was stolen!
4. Do you put up a nativity (crèche)? Yes
5. Do you hang mistletoe over the door? No, but every year I say I’m going too!
6. Got a wreath on your front door? Yes, for the fireplace too
7. How long does it take you to decorate? At least a weak
About the movies/shows? .....
1. Favorite Children's Xmas TV show/cartoon? Garfield!!! But also Noel (narrated by Charlton Heston), Frosty, Rudolph, Cricket On The Hearth, The Grinch
2. Wonderful Life / Miracle on 34th Street / A Christmas Carol (scrooge)…which
is the best? Miracle on 34th Street (1947) & It’s a Wonderful Life (1947)…it’s a tie, I can’t pick!
3. Favorite Christmas movie?? The Christmas Gift, Season For Miracles, One Magic Christmas, Miracle On 34th Street, It’s A Wonderful Life, Christmas Vacation, Jack Frost, 3 Days…my list could go on & on
4. Have you ever seen the Nutcracker Suite Ballet live? No
5. Ever been to the Radio City Music Hall Christmas show?? No
6. Ever gone to the movies on Xmas Day? No
Other Christmas things....
1. Favorite Christmas book or story? Skipping Christmas by John Grisham, Chicken Soup For The Soul A Christmas Treasury
2. Do you stuff your stockings with any types of food? Sometimes candy
3. Do you go to church on Christmas Eve? No – we did when I was little
4. Have you ever gone Caroling? Oh definitely…how fun!!!
5. Favorite Christmas Carol? Sleigh Ride
6. Do you believe in Santa? Absolutely
7. Do you leave Santa cookies? No…I always did when I was little
8. What about Rudolph...leave him anything? No
9. What was your best Christmas gift? I don’t know if I can pick just one! I’ve gotten so many nice gifts! One that comes to mind is a beautiful carousel (horses) from my hubby the 1st year we were dating
10. What was the worst/most odd gift? Can’t think of anything. Probably “the tree” that always got passed down from year to year. It’s a really ugly aluminum tree my brother made in shop class back in the 70’s. It’s a joke! When someone in our family got married, bought a house, etc., the tree would show up! Lol!
11. Do you go to a "work" Christmas party? Yes! We go out to eat & then out on the town…boss buys all night long!
12. Do you hate going? No, we have a ball!
13. Do you send Christmas cards? Yes
14. Do you make a "list"? Not a wish list, but a list of who I’m sending Christmas cards too & who I have to buy for, yes!
15. Do you check it twice? Yes
16. Have you been "naughty" or "nice"? Yes
17. Who's on your list this year? My hubby, friends, family gift exchange, my beaurician, my Godchildren, the mail lady, neighbors (we give a tray of homemade candy to the neighbors)
18. When do you start shopping? A friend & I go Christmas shopping the 1st or 2nd Friday in December & I get most of it done then, but I pick up things here & there throughout the year.
19. Do you shop on Black Friday? He** no!!
20. ARE YOU READY FOR CHRISTMAS? Mentally, yes (I’m always ready for Christmas!!!) - physically, no