Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » How many gifts does Santa bring?

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,439
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,943)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Christmas in July: A...
By MerryCarey
07-26-2011 08:26 AM
Last post by jimmyolsen
09-02-2011 09:32 PM
1 Posts
The Christmas Tree
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:30 PM
63,313 Views  0 Posts
Christmas in England
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:13 PM
43,447 Views  0 Posts
present The Delicate Art of...
By MMC Editor
09-13-2011 12:12 AM
46,105 Views  0 Posts
The Legends of Nature at...
By MMC Editor
06-03-2002 01:54 PM
46,224 Views  0 Posts

Old 01-12-2010, 12:00 PM
*<[:{) Ho ho ho!!!

Last Achievements

Thanked 70,132 Times in 13,934 Posts
xmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
santahat How many gifts does Santa bring?

I've got a question for all of you.
How many gifts does Santa bring to each child?

My wife grew up where Santa only brought 1 gift and the parents gave the rest and were under the tree from whenever they got wrapped until Christmas day.
I grew up where Santa brought all the gifts and there was nothing under the tree until Christmas morning.

Just curious to hear how people feel about this.
Old 01-12-2010, 01:03 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,469 Times in 910 Posts
Minta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the tree
In our house Santa does not have an assigned number of gifts for each child. Santa will give several gifts plus fills their stocking. I think this year the kids each got 6 gifts from Santa plus what ever was in their stocking. Mom and dad always gives them clothes, a couple small toys their main gift (whatever toy/item that was at the top of their wish list).

In the past nothing was placed under the tree until after they went to bed on Christmas eve to keep them from accidentally ripping the paper. Now that the youngest is getting to age where things will be better we may start placing the wrapped gifts from mom and dad under the tree earlier.

When I was growing up the only gifts under the tree BEFORE Christmas Eve were gifts given from someone outside our house.
The Following User Says Thank You to Minta For This Useful Post:
xmas365 (01-13-2010)
Old 01-12-2010, 01:06 PM
Mayor of The North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 27,625 Times in 4,414 Posts
Bradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Santa brings several and we give several. It's been that way since I was a kid, too.
xmas365 (01-13-2010)
Old 01-12-2010, 04:06 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,197 Times in 12,632 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Santa fills the stockings here.
The Following User Says Thank You to Christmasstar For This Useful Post:
xmas365 (01-13-2010)
Old 01-12-2010, 04:17 PM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster

Sapsorrow has shown a merry dispositionSapsorrow has shown a merry disposition
I think, since this is really only coming up this coming year, that Santa will be giving nearly all the gifts. I like not getting "credit" for the gifts, and when I hear other families having trouble with competitive gift giving, it seems like "all gifts are from Santa" is a terrific solution. We exchange one gift between each pair, that's the "it's the thought that counts" gift, as in "I thought of you." We also don't put the gifts out until Christmas Eve. We have a little antique sled and some velvet Santa sacks, we'll arrange the gifts in those.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sapsorrow For This Useful Post:
xmas365 (01-13-2010)
Old 01-12-2010, 11:41 PM
One Happy lil Elf
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,149 Times in 816 Posts
Mumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happy
Anything that is not wrapped is from Santa.Stockings and all.So how many? well maybe 3 under the tree,unless they ask for a big item.Like a train table when my son was little with all the trains.Or when my Daughter was 4 she asked santa for a furreal pony.

Pray for Peace People Everywhere!
Victoria
The Following User Says Thank You to Mumof2 For This Useful Post:
xmas365 (01-13-2010)
Old 01-13-2010, 02:02 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger

Location: Mersea Island, UK - Moving to Vancouver, Canada 2012
singingringingtree is a good elfsingingringingtree is a good elfsingingringingtree is a good elfsingingringingtree is a good elfsingingringingtree is a good elfsingingringingtree is a good elfsingingringingtree is a good elfsingingringingtree is a good elfsingingringingtree is a good elfsingingringingtree is a good elf
Six presents each (including main present) and stocking fillers. When they were younger the presents looked huge (ride in car, kitchen) - now they are teenagers they are smaller packages (ipod touches this year) but more expensive!

The Following User Says Thank You to singingringingtree For This Useful Post:
xmas365 (01-13-2010)
Old 01-13-2010, 01:31 PM
Christmasologist

mommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elf
Santa brings the kids one gift each, and the rest are from us.
The Following User Says Thank You to mommytotwo For This Useful Post:
xmas365 (01-14-2010)
Old 01-14-2010, 11:09 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,614 Times in 578 Posts
whitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnog
We have one child who is four years old. DH only shops for me & his best friend, so he has no clue what we spend on Christmas gifts. I have a budget, and for Santa, it's $100 for gifts, $25 for stocking stuffers. DD doesn't get Christmas gifts from us. It's about the $ amount, not the number of gifts.

Her first Christmas was one big gift & one small gift. I felt bad, but she was 6 months old and didn't know the difference. Start small and maybe they won't expect so much. Second Christmas was the same. The

I never got Christmas gifts from my parents, only Santa, & I never questioned it until my sister gave both Santa & parents gifts her her kids. I was then 30 years old & wondering why I had never thought about that before!! Of course, usually we don't get her a birthday gift either, except to throw the party and that can run into quite a bit of money.

I know people who only do three gifts per child, because Jesus only got three gifts. How does that work if one child wants expensive & the other not? One might really get more than the others, even though there are an equal amount of gifts...
The Following User Says Thank You to whitney37354 For This Useful Post:
xmas365 (01-14-2010)
Old 01-20-2010, 05:53 PM
MMC Hostess of Christmas Online

Last Achievements

Thanked 3,408 Times in 809 Posts
AuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the tree
Santa fills the same stocking I had haning when I celebrated my first Christmas (some moons ago) and also leaves a gift or two. Sometimes I get a gift from Rudolph and Mrs. Claus or the Garage Sale Elf - the rest come from my parents, husband, etc.

When I was little, I cried because "All the Kings Horses and All the Kings Men couldn't put Humpty together again" so Mrs. Claus and Rudolph remembered that and gave me a stuffed Humpty Dumpty that never cracks.

The Following User Says Thank You to AuntieMistletoeDear For This Useful Post:
xmas365 (01-20-2010)