Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » What are you missing most?

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,432
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,554)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Old Man Kramer
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 03:46 PM
Last post by caninemomssister
11-24-2013 09:13 PM
1 Posts
Santa Doesn't Always...
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:21 PM
48,895 Views  0 Posts
stocking How to Have an...
By MMC Editor
10-31-2012 11:49 PM
31,840 Views  0 Posts
The Nativity Story...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 08:49 PM
Last post by caninemomssister
12-01-2013 06:14 PM
53,855 Views  1 Posts
The Bishop's Wife (Movie...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:05 PM
0 Posts

Old 02-15-2011, 06:04 PM
*<[:{) Ho ho ho!!!

Last Achievements

Thanked 69,978 Times in 13,907 Posts
xmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by gabulldawg View Post
I miss the special feeling of the holidays! the warmth and lights and especially commercials!
Originally Posted by Bullypup View Post
Tonight I'm really missing the commrecials. I just went on youtub and found some from the 70's and 80's that really brought back memories.
Originally Posted by rockchild View Post
Me tooo! All your answers are great. I need to get a dvr again, sure would be great to leave the Halloween and christmas movies/specials/commercials on it when I want to watch it.

I miss the lights on the houses so much!! I have not seen really any left. One house has some lights up around their porch year round but they take down the rest.
Originally Posted by trackrebel View Post
the special mood, the music on the radio, the movies on the programme, the commercial.....but I have to say....this year I didnt have the christmas blues at all......I am quite a happy camper
Originally Posted by gabulldawg View Post
I miss sitting in my living room on my laptop and looking at the tree with all the lights on the fireplace mantel. seeing the commercials and hearing the carols on xm radio!
Originally Posted by xmas365 View Post
I am missing the commercials and decorations most, especially the Hershey Kiss bells

Seems like commercials are a big part of everyones Christmas season, I wonder if there is a DVD with nothing but Christmas commercials on it. Then we could watch them whenever we want.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:40 PM
Had enough snow, thanks.
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,747 Times in 1,082 Posts
MerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to others
I miss my tree. We had the best tree this year.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MerryBells For This Useful Post:
HomemakinGirl (04-20-2013), superdave1225 (02-17-2011), xmas365 (02-16-2011)
Old 02-16-2011, 12:59 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

EdNog is a good elfEdNog is a good elfEdNog is a good elfEdNog is a good elfEdNog is a good elfEdNog is a good elfEdNog is a good elf
I am missing that warm cosy feeling I get in the weeks running up to Christmas when a day of chores is over and the evening draws in and the Christmas Tree lights go on and fill the room with their soft coloured glow and I sit back and look at the special ornaments on the tree, the ones I remember from childhood christmases, so long ago.
It is that time in the season when there are still weeks to go to Christmas but the magic is already there and growing.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to EdNog For This Useful Post:
'Tis the season (02-21-2011), HomemakinGirl (04-20-2013), superdave1225 (02-17-2011), xmas365 (02-16-2011)
Old 02-16-2011, 01:07 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,091 Times in 408 Posts
jayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
i miss the build up to christmas the most,come november time when the shops start putting out all the christmas stuff and my thats when i start thinking about what decorations to buy and where to put them,also its about this time when i start to watch christmas movies to get me in the mood evem more,roll on october/november!!.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jayden28 For This Useful Post:
HomemakinGirl (04-20-2013), superdave1225 (02-17-2011), xmas365 (02-16-2011)
Old 02-16-2011, 01:19 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

EdNog is a good elfEdNog is a good elfEdNog is a good elfEdNog is a good elfEdNog is a good elfEdNog is a good elfEdNog is a good elf
I know what you mean Jayden.
My "festive season" really starts a couple of weeks before Halloween, when I buy my first pumpkin for carving!
I just LOVE that time of year!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to EdNog For This Useful Post:
Adam (02-16-2011), HomemakinGirl (04-20-2013), superdave1225 (02-17-2011), xmas365 (02-16-2011)
Old 02-17-2011, 12:27 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,896 Times in 650 Posts
ClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnog
I miss the build up, being in the shops and people are smiling and talking about christmas! now when you go in the shops everyone looks miserable and are complaining about the weather or something!

Also seeing all the lights when Im driving home from work on an evening, the main road I drive down is so lit up at christmas, now it just feels so dark! Im looking forward to the lighter nights now just so i dont feel as sad when I drive home hehe!!
Miss my decorations and my tree too, nothing better than relaxing watching christmassy films with a hot chocolate and having the lights on!

Roll on christmas 2011!!!!!

Last edited by ClaireLovesChristmas; 02-17-2011 at 12:27 AM. Reason: spelling error
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ClaireLovesChristmas For This Useful Post:
HomemakinGirl (04-20-2013), jayden28 (02-17-2011), superdave1225 (02-17-2011)
Old 02-17-2011, 12:42 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself

Thanked 1,399 Times in 534 Posts
superdave1225 is a good elfsuperdave1225 is a good elfsuperdave1225 is a good elfsuperdave1225 is a good elfsuperdave1225 is a good elfsuperdave1225 is a good elfsuperdave1225 is a good elfsuperdave1225 is a good elfsuperdave1225 is a good elfsuperdave1225 is a good elf
The joy of the season and the feeling of joy in those around me.
HomemakinGirl (04-20-2013)
Old 02-18-2011, 03:26 PM
Formally xrockchild

Last Achievements

Adam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the tree
Exactly, the commercials are wonderful! If we had snow here, I would be very tempted to put the tree back up....LOL.

My mother in law said the stupidest thing the other day that basically its too cluttered to keep christmas decor out longer than after new years. Can't wait to have my own place so I can put the decor out when I want and however long I want. If you think christmas decorations are a mess or its "too much clutter" I dont think you should celebrate christmas because thats not the point of christmas. She gets all crazy OCD about putting it all away by a specific time or she acts like the world will come to an end if she doesnt put it all away on her timetable. Again, more reason why you can't live with other adults for too long -they have their ways and I have mine.

Thankfully you are all here and get the real message that Christmas is meant to be kept in your heart year round. Its not just "one time a year, put up the decor, take it down and move on." That attitude really burns my buttons. /end rant.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Adam For This Useful Post:
HomemakinGirl (04-20-2013), whitney37354 (02-22-2011)
Old 02-18-2011, 03:35 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Head Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happy
I miss, the lights, the decorations, getting cards from my MMC family, the thought of snow (I know all of you that have (enough) snow don't) but I like the innocence of the season, the awe and wonderment. But I do enjoy that the days are getting longer. We (in AZ) are expecting a huge storm this weekend. (the weather guessers could get it right).
Old 02-20-2011, 07:37 PM
Santa Clausologist
Last Achievements

sgrenoble is a good elfsgrenoble is a good elfsgrenoble is a good elfsgrenoble is a good elfsgrenoble is a good elfsgrenoble is a good elfsgrenoble is a good elf
The joy and the innocence of that the season brings. There is just something abut the season that brings out the best in most people.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sgrenoble For This Useful Post:
Bullypup (02-20-2011), ClaireLovesChristmas (02-21-2011), HomemakinGirl (04-20-2013), MerryCarey (02-20-2011)