Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Other Holidays > Valentine's Day » Valentine's Day Appreciation Thread

Valentine's Day Love! Is it anything to talk about? We think it should be! Come discuss your plans for your sweetheart or solicit ideas from others in this forum.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,978
Threads: 53,466
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,864)
Welcome to our newest member, ShontelleE
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
The Year Santa Was...
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 03:33 PM
54,485 Views  0 Posts
santahat Light on a Snowy Day
By MMC Editor
11-07-2011 07:41 AM
0 Posts
The Halifax Disaster of...
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 03:40 PM
76,233 Views  0 Posts
Xtree1 How to Use Christmas...
By MMC Editor
12-20-2011 02:28 PM
72,071 Views  0 Posts
"Mary Cary's Business"......
By MerryCarey
10-25-2011 12:42 PM
52,294 Views  0 Posts

Old 02-06-2010, 07:57 PM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster

Sapsorrow has shown a merry dispositionSapsorrow has shown a merry disposition
Valentine's Day Appreciation Thread

Sorry, guys, I don't want to derail the least favorite holiday thread with my heartfelt defense of Valentine's Day! I love the maligned holiday: it was the day my husband asked me out, and later on the day that he proposed to me. Here we are, going on ten years later, even despite the inauspicious first date chaperoned by my uncle (who fell asleep during the movie, alerting the whole theater with his snores)!

Does anyone have something special planned?

I'm thinking of surprising my husband with a double feature of family friendly romantic movies like "Penelope" and a drive in inspired dinner of cheeseburgers, fries, soda and a hot fudge sundae. It'll be ten years since he asked me on our first date, so it only seems appropriate (although I wouldn't suggest the movie we saw then, it really wasn't a good family movie).
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sapsorrow For This Useful Post:
gabulldawg (02-04-2011), JanaBanana (02-06-2010), Solice (02-08-2010)
Old 02-06-2010, 10:30 PM
*The Christmas Queen* -- Hostess, Real Halloween.com

Last Achievements

Thanked 1,111 Times in 545 Posts
JanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the tree
I like the holiday too I took some photos of him and the kids and had them printed up into 12x18 prints and framed as well as a 16x24 made into canvas and a couple other goodies... Im excited to give them to him for V-day.Hope you enjoy your day with your husband We are going on a day trip also to an antique store and lunch...
Here are the photos took and had framed.

This one is the canvas

©♥Jana's Creations♥
{My photography Blog}
Old 02-06-2010, 10:32 PM

Last Achievements

JanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the tree
And these 3 are the framed 12x18...

The Following User Says Thank You to JanaBanana For This Useful Post:
Murphman (02-08-2010)
Old 02-06-2010, 10:33 PM

Last Achievements

©♥Jana's Creations♥
{My photography Blog}
Old 02-07-2010, 06:13 AM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster

Sapsorrow has shown a merry dispositionSapsorrow has shown a merry disposition
JanaBanana, Those are gorgeous! Do you do portraits professionally? Also, I've been using ArtsCow.com for my prints, do you have any particular spot where you get yours?

Wen, I hadn't thought about combining them, but we were going to get our dessert from our Taiwanese baker, so I may get some of the more savory treats and have a "children's Valentine's" brunch. My oldest has a little Chinese suit her grandparents got her from EPCOT, so that'd be a nice touch as well.
Old 02-07-2010, 06:29 AM

Last Achievements

Thank you!!! I hope to go pro one day! I really like WHCC for my prints.. I havent heard of ArtsCow.com?

©♥Jana's Creations♥
{My photography Blog}
Old 02-07-2010, 07:23 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 49,822 Times in 9,094 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Congratulations on 10 years of marriage!

We will be in church Valentines morning then I do have to work a for a few hours afterward. We will probably go to dinner that night.

Jana, I LOVE the pictures!!!

You should be listening to the Greasy Skillet Show with our very own RadioJonD every Saturday from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm central time! Be sure to join the group on Facebook to chat during showtime!

Listen to Kringle Radio for your Christmas music fix! Come on by, we are open 24/7 - 365 days a year!

Old 02-07-2010, 08:13 AM

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic View Post

Jana, I LOVE the pictures!!!

Thank you very much

©♥Jana's Creations♥
{My photography Blog}
Old 02-08-2010, 03:36 PM
Santa Beagle
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,511 Times in 392 Posts
Murphman would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMurphman would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMurphman would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMurphman would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMurphman would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMurphman would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMurphman would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMurphman would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMurphman would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMurphman would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMurphman would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Great pics as usual Jana. You should consider offering your services to potential customers.
Old 02-08-2010, 03:45 PM

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Murphman View Post
Great pics as usual Jana. You should consider offering your services to potential customers.
I hope to one day I actually did a friends family Christmas card... and thank you

©♥Jana's Creations♥
{My photography Blog}