Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,978
Threads: 53,472
Top Poster: xmas365 (151,038)
Welcome to our newest member, ShontelleE
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Christmas Tree A Christmas Tree for Cats
By MMC Editor
10-11-2013 08:21 AM
30,937 Views  0 Posts
Dear Santa: Say a Prayer
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:37 PM
Last post by Christmasstar
07-11-2011 05:27 PM
1 Posts
“Home for the Holidays”...
By MerryCarey
05-14-2012 11:45 AM
40,763 Views  0 Posts
The Scientific Theory of...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:36 PM
50,673 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Tree Using Outdoor...
By JeanetteDi
09-18-2011 03:26 PM
Last post by Christmas-man
11-23-2011 07:45 AM
92,483 Views  1 Posts

Old 03-29-2010, 07:18 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 49,915 Times in 9,105 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Scrapbooking

Is there anyone here into scrapbooking?

I decided back in December to gather supplies to make my daughter a scrapbook as part of her gift when she graduates college. This is the first time I attempted it. Actually the hardest part was going through all the photos and there was a lot of them! It was tough trying to decide which ones I wanted to use and it took awhile to organize. I finally started on the project last week and it is addictive!

I can see it can get quite expensive but I managed to save quite a bit using coupons and waiting for sales. I go to the Hobby Lobby site every week and print up a coupon. I also signed up for Michaels and they email coupons once in awhile.

I checked out several books on scrapbooking and got a lot of info but would like to know if anyone here have any tips? Also just curious as to who all is into this craft?

You should be listening to the Greasy Skillet Show with our very own RadioJonD every Saturday from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm central time! Be sure to join the group on Facebook to chat during showtime!

Listen to Kringle Radio for your Christmas music fix! Come on by, we are open 24/7 - 365 days a year!

The Following User Says Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-02-2014)
Old 03-29-2010, 10:25 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

Christmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnog
I started scrapbooking quite a few years ago. It's actually not one of my favorite things to do, but I like the final product. Unfortunately, I'm liking it less and less because I am sooo far behind (almost 8 years). With digital cameras, I have way too many pictures and it has become totally overwhelming to me. I think my biggest problem was that I was trying to scrapbook EVERYTHING and EVERY picture. That will be one change I will try to make when I get back at it. One other thing I'd like to look in to is digital scrapbooking. I've heard people say it's a huge time saver and, with as behind s I am, that may not be a bad option for me. Time/energy is the biggest issue as to why I'm so far behind. By the time the kids go to bed, I am shot and pretty worthless. I don't have a place where I can just keep things out and set up so dragging everything out and then putting it away just adds to me not even wanting to go there. But, again, I do like the final product and would like to catch up someday.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Christmas24/7 For This Useful Post:
Christmas-A-Holic (03-31-2010), snowflake22 (02-02-2014)
Old 03-30-2010, 01:19 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

usafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Ever seen the movie, New In Town? Are scrappers like that, or is that just a stereotype?
Christmas-A-Holic (03-31-2010)
Old 03-31-2010, 06:03 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 49,915 Times in 9,105 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Christmas24/7 View Post
I started scrapbooking quite a few years ago. It's actually not one of my favorite things to do, but I like the final product. Unfortunately, I'm liking it less and less because I am sooo far behind (almost 8 years). With digital cameras, I have way too many pictures and it has become totally overwhelming to me. I think my biggest problem was that I was trying to scrapbook EVERYTHING and EVERY picture. That will be one change I will try to make when I get back at it. One other thing I'd like to look in to is digital scrapbooking. I've heard people say it's a huge time saver and, with as behind s I am, that may not be a bad option for me. Time/energy is the biggest issue as to why I'm so far behind. By the time the kids go to bed, I am shot and pretty worthless. I don't have a place where I can just keep things out and set up so dragging everything out and then putting it away just adds to me not even wanting to go there. But, again, I do like the final product and would like to catch up someday.
I actually wasn't sure I what I was getting myself into. I was afraid I would find it a hassle but I actually love it! Since this is my daughters graduation gift, I just pick highlights of her life. No way I can get all the pictures in one book, too many, lol.

Originally Posted by usafvet View Post
Ever seen the movie, New In Town? Are scrappers like that, or is that just a stereotype?
Never seen that movie. I will have to check it out sometime. Good line.

You should be listening to the Greasy Skillet Show with our very own RadioJonD every Saturday from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm central time! Be sure to join the group on Facebook to chat during showtime!

Listen to Kringle Radio for your Christmas music fix! Come on by, we are open 24/7 - 365 days a year!

The Following User Says Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-02-2014)
Old 03-31-2010, 07:38 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 19,951 Times in 3,217 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I love to scrapbook - it's just so time consuming! You are right about picking pictures being the hardest part. I have done several scrapbooks & I am in the middle of doing one for my Mom. Actually I started it, gave it to her for Christmas & she's supposed to return it to me to finish, but I haven't got it back yet! It is really addictive & fun...and expensive! But they are so cool!! Usually every year we have a scrapbook weekend at my sisters (or we rent a hall) - Mom, sisters, nieces all get together & scrap for hours & hours. It's a great way to get a lot done!! We didn't do that this winter though. Hmmmm.... Good luck with your project!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Holiday For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2010, 06:24 PM
Christmasologist

mommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elf
I do simple scrapbooking. I agree that it is time consuming, and it can get pricey. I am behind on pictures, and do not take as many pictures so that I do not have more pictures to put together. As for tips, you could get a ziplock bags, and put in the pictures, embellishments, and anything else you will use for your particular pages, and mark the bag. That way when you are ready to assemble a page, you can just take out that ziplock, and not have to look around or this, and that.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mommytotwo For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2010, 09:08 AM
Merry Forums Newbie

faerywings has shown a merry disposition
i k now that I am late to this thread but I wanted to add in my 2 cents. I am a former paper scrapper and currently 100% addicted digital scrapper.
I think that if you are not into the mess and time consuming characteristics of paper scrapping digital might be a good way for you to go.
I have also found it to be way way waaaay less expensive that paper scrapping.

What you need to get started with digi- is a computer and scrapping software. Most people use Adobe Photoshop or Photoshop Elements. There are a few free programs- GIMP for example that you can use. I use ACDSee Photo Editor- which is simialr to PSE but also less expensive.

Also to save money-a regular digital kit (several papers and then elements like word art, ribbons, tags etc) costs about $5-6. But what is cool about it is that you can reuse everything over and over. You can recolor things, resize things, alter them in any way- and then do it all over again.

There are also tons and tons of freebies that you can find online- just google "digital scrap freebie" and you will see what I mean

The other thing that is really helpful is that it doesn't take that long- I can do a full layout in 30 minutes or so. Less than that if I am using a template or Quick Page. I also don't have to worry about going in chronological order- I can "rearrange" my pages as I want to.

When I am done- I either share my pages online, or I print them at home. I resize my 12x12 pages to 8x8 and print on my photo printer. If I want to make a full book, I have uploaded pages to Shutterfly and artscow, and have it printed by them. That makes wonderful presents!

HTH!
The Following User Says Thank You to faerywings For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-02-2014)
Old 07-02-2010, 03:32 PM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

mother christmas has shown a merry disposition
My daughter and I scrapbooked almost ever weekend last year. Haven't done any this year yet, but I need to get some done.

When my son graduated Grade 8 he received a scrapbook of all his years from JK to Grade 8. He really liked it. I have also given him for Christmas scrapbook's of his Go-Kart racing season.
The Following User Says Thank You to mother christmas For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-02-2014)
Old 07-02-2010, 03:35 PM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

mother christmas has shown a merry disposition
I scrapbook.
Old 07-12-2010, 05:51 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

Jeniferdwn will NOT spit in your eggnogJeniferdwn will NOT spit in your eggnogJeniferdwn will NOT spit in your eggnogJeniferdwn will NOT spit in your eggnogJeniferdwn will NOT spit in your eggnogJeniferdwn will NOT spit in your eggnogJeniferdwn will NOT spit in your eggnogJeniferdwn will NOT spit in your eggnogJeniferdwn will NOT spit in your eggnogJeniferdwn will NOT spit in your eggnogJeniferdwn will NOT spit in your eggnog
If you're going to scrap with actual pictures, the most important thing to do first is to buy something to organize your pics. A box with dividers or 5x7 envelopes and seperate all of them. Label them. Then start with just one section. A small one at first kinda gets you started. Then move on to the next thing. I find it easiest to do Halloween because I have lots of decorations.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jeniferdwn For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-02-2014)