Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Traditions & Memories » What is it about Christmas.......

Traditions & Memories This forum area discusses all the time honored traditions of Christmas. From Christmas trees to mistletoe to great fun with Santa these topics bring us together and inspire great celebration year round. We relish learning of Christmas from all parts of the world and sharing unique cultural traditions from all over. Share your ideas and fond memories here!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,978
Threads: 53,469
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,864)
Welcome to our newest member, ShontelleE
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
The Scientific Theory of...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:36 PM
50,673 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Tree The First Christmas in...
By Jeff Westover
10-07-2012 10:49 PM
30,769 Views  0 Posts
"Behind the White Brick"...
By MerryCarey
10-31-2011 11:46 AM
89,452 Views  0 Posts
The Tradition of...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 05:47 PM
62,690 Views  0 Posts
The Story of White...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 10:01 PM
43,578 Views  0 Posts

Old 04-03-2010, 09:08 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

Christmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnog
What is it about Christmas.......

This is something I've thought about a lot and I'm curious what other "Christmas-a-holics" have to say about it.

What is it about Christmas that makes us think about it all year long, plan about it all year long, dream about it all year long and/or do things to celebrate it throughout the year?

I am a total Christmas fanatic and I get excited to watch Christmas movies, listen to Christmas music, do Christmas shopping, etc. no matter what day of the year it is. A lot of people think I'm crazy because of it and I've taken a lot of *ribbing* about it. But I can't help myself. I've tried to figure out what it is about Christmas that makes me want to have that feeling year round but I can't pinpoint it. I guess I just love everything about it. Can you pinpoint what it is about Christmas that makes YOU so happy?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Christmas24/7 For This Useful Post:
Christmas-A-Holic (05-08-2010), miss xmas (04-06-2010)
Old 04-03-2010, 01:40 PM
Last Achievements

emski4379 is a good elfemski4379 is a good elfemski4379 is a good elfemski4379 is a good elfemski4379 is a good elfemski4379 is a good elfemski4379 is a good elfemski4379 is a good elf
The magical, warm fuzzy feeling of the season. The goodwill people feel, the tradition, being with family. The whole experience is magical.
Old 04-03-2010, 02:36 PM
Christmasologist

mommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elf
The smiles on my kids faces, planning early/all year around saves me from dealing with all of the Christmas crowds which I truly dislike....
Old 04-03-2010, 05:03 PM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger

olympicfan has shown a merry disposition
it's just magical... whenever someone asks me why i love christmas i can't really pinpoint it either i just have to say "everything!" but i think it has to do with the sense of hope,wonder, and friendship. Most people at least try to get into the spirit and its nice to see everyone coming together and trying to look on the bright side of things.
Old 04-04-2010, 08:43 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

kgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the tree
I can't pinpoint it exactly. I just love everything about it. The memories from being a child, the traditions, Santa Claus, the music, giving back to people, the season..... It's just the most wonderful time of the year because of all of that. lol
Old 04-05-2010, 06:04 AM
Last Achievements

usafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I remember seeing an old clip from the Honeymooners Christmas special long ago where Ralph explains why Christmas is so special. That show was filmed almost 60 years ago, but the meaning behind that clip still rings true today.

I found the clip on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHi9yjcql1Q About 3 minutes into the clip is what I'm talking about.
Christmas-A-Holic (05-08-2010)
Old 04-05-2010, 06:42 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 19,927 Times in 3,217 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I have thought about this before! I can't pinpoint one thing! It's just all of it: The Scents/smells/cooking/baking/candles/colder weather/snow/lights/music/movies/family/friends/caroling/shopping - ALL OF IT! So exciting...

Old 04-06-2010, 08:41 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 36,411 Times in 5,615 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
For me, it's the spirit of the season and the way it resonates in the decorations, music, movies, and the general good mood of humanity, a little extra warm-heartedness at that time of year. It's easy to spend the rest of the year looking forward to that again.

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
Old 04-06-2010, 10:51 AM
Merry Fourms Member

miss xmas has shown a merry disposition
santahat miss xmas

hi there u sound exactly like me i plan christmas all year i love it i shop, do lists for presents and plan my christmas tree and my decorations and even listen to christmas music and watch festive films. my friends think i am mad and thinks its crazy but come december when im all finished and can relax and enjoy the festive season with no stress i remind them off all the stick they give me all year round and tell them im not that mad after all. im glad u enjoy christmas all year as there is no better time of the year i love seeing my family and husbands faces when they open their gifts. but now i have even more reason for more decs and lights as i have a two year old son who we spoil and he makes christmas the best now. merry christmas
Old 04-07-2010, 11:40 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,879 Times in 492 Posts
mgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happy
It is the day we celebrate the birth of our Lord and Savior! The idea that God became flesh and lived among us excites our family. Perfect love in action.
Luke 2:11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. <><
The Following User Says Thank You to mgramsey For This Useful Post:
usafvet (05-12-2010)