Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Member-Only Group Forums > Christmas Every Day. » Is anyone else Christmas shopping?

Christmas Every Day. Click here to visit this social group

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,977
Threads: 53,463
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,699)
Welcome to our newest member, SnowflakeMom
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Gift 2 Chestnuts
By Christmasstar
09-09-2013 07:30 AM
Last post by Meceka
09-18-2013 08:33 PM
10,734 Views  1 Posts
When It is Not Christmas...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:26 PM
44,315 Views  0 Posts
Gift 4 Ideas for Frugal Gift...
By MMC Editor
09-25-2011 07:00 AM
73,255 Views  0 Posts
Is it Donner or Donder?
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 04:53 PM
48,638 Views  0 Posts
The Twelve Days of...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 10:06 PM
48,648 Views  0 Posts

Old 04-05-2010, 08:25 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

Christmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnog
Is anyone else Christmas shopping?

Just wondering if anyone else has been doing some Christmas shopping. I don't know why I get so excited about it but it's about the only kind of shopping I like to do.

I've made a pretty good dent in my shopping 2010. I've bought gifts for DH's coworkers, most of our extended family, close friend gifts, one thing for my mom, and a couple things for my girls and am close to being done for my 2 year old. I have two ideas for neighbor gifts but haven't decided which to do this year and which to do for 2011. One idea is a book that has lots of Christmas stories in it, intended to be read together as a family. I found that after Christmas for about 75 cents each. (Score!) I bought enough of them to use as neighbor gifts so if I go that route, I'm done with them too. The other idea is one I had already planned for 2010, but haven't decided if I will stick with it or push it back one more year and do the books this year.

What have you bought/made for Christmas 2010?

Last edited by Christmas24/7; 04-05-2010 at 08:26 AM. Reason: typographical error
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Christmas24/7 For This Useful Post:
hilarios (09-28-2010), mike24forever (04-05-2013)
Old 04-07-2010, 07:16 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,470 Times in 911 Posts
Minta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the tree
Good Lord YES!!!! We have the 4 neices almost done, just need to get their ornaments. In the past 2 weeks we have picked up gifts for our kids, another Thomas Train set for our son, a game for our daughter that she has been wanting and a joint game for the 2 kids along with a few small stockin stuffer items. We already have christmas PJ's for our son just need to find a pair for our daughter as well as their Christmas Ornaments from their magical elves. Already started other extended family members as well. I plan on heading out on my lunch break today to see if I can find anything else. I am always on the hunt for Christmas gifts!!!!

Sounds like you are well on your way completing your Christmas shopping too. Nice Job!
The Following User Says Thank You to Minta For This Useful Post:
hilarios (09-28-2010)
Old 04-07-2010, 10:28 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 8,796 Times in 1,317 Posts
Solice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the Wisemen
Yes!
Old 04-07-2010, 12:15 PM
*<[:{) Ho ho ho!!!

Last Achievements

Thanked 70,515 Times in 14,036 Posts
xmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Not yet, but I am always looking, in years past I have started in February

Go Bruins!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to xmas365 For This Useful Post:
hilarios (09-28-2010)
Old 04-07-2010, 01:59 PM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 145,037 Times in 26,682 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I have started. I am picking up stocking stuffers right now and starting to look for bigger gifts.

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the get Steven Colbert to keep Lovemas tradition movement!!!
Stay Safe and Hurry Back Dawg!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
hilarios (09-28-2010)
Old 04-07-2010, 02:44 PM
Merry Fourms Member

miss xmas has shown a merry disposition
santahat

hi its nice to see im not the only one who shops all year i actually start my shopping for christmas in the boxing day sales.my husbands family is finished and i have done alot for my 4 year old sister along with other bits for my other bros and sis.i will continue shopping all year and will finally stop on christmas eve just to get a last min bargain even thou what i buy i dont need because im always finished by december but love christmas shopping.my 2 year old son has got 2 sack fulls already bargains i couldnt leave in the shops. im full of christmas spirit all year and glad u are to happy christmas shopping
The Following User Says Thank You to miss xmas For This Useful Post:
hilarios (09-28-2010)
Old 04-07-2010, 09:00 PM
Santa's Mentor

Thanked 1,668 Times in 940 Posts
Annette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companion
Nothing yet...but I am also always looking.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:08 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 26,426 Times in 4,402 Posts
ballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
not yet.....but i'm getting closer!
The Following User Says Thank You to ballcoach For This Useful Post:
hilarios (09-28-2010)
Old 05-19-2010, 07:22 PM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

White Christmas has shown a merry disposition
I start Christmas shopping every year on Dec. 26!
The Following User Says Thank You to White Christmas For This Useful Post:
hilarios (09-28-2010)
Old 05-20-2010, 06:22 AM
...and Noel's mama, too!

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,788 Times in 1,618 Posts
judesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemen
Not yet... we sold our house last month and moved to a family member's house temporarily until we buy another house.. now we are moving to ANOTHER family member's house in 2 weeks because we still haven't bought a house (grrr!). Anyway, I would be buying but lugging all that stuff to our storage unit or from house to house would be a pain. I hope to hit up Target's toy sale again late this summer and get some great deals like I did last year. I spent $80 on toys and got over $300 worth of stuff! In fact, I still have some toys leftover from last year for my niece's gifts this year!!
The Following User Says Thank You to judesmama For This Useful Post:
hilarios (09-28-2010)