Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,081
Threads: 53,866
Top Poster: xmas365 (163,459)
Welcome to our newest member, Blitz

Old 11-29-2009, 05:54 PM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

Ashley951 has shown a merry dispositionAshley951 has shown a merry dispositionAshley951 has shown a merry disposition
Artificial Trees

I've always loved the smell of a new Christmas tree. And artificial ones can be a pain to put up...
But buying a tree out of the lot can be a pain to transport home.

And if you're looking for the Christmas tree smell, there's always pine scented candles. Or a simple small wreath.

They have their pros and cons.
What do you guys think of them?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ashley951 For This Useful Post:
ChristmasFanatic56 (11-30-2009), snowflake22 (02-05-2014)

Old 11-29-2009, 07:01 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

One Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnog
Have always had real trees......

The Following User Says Thank You to One Spoiled Brat For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-05-2014)
Old 11-30-2009, 06:13 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

ChristmasFanatic56 has shown a merry dispositionChristmasFanatic56 has shown a merry dispositionChristmasFanatic56 has shown a merry dispositionChristmasFanatic56 has shown a merry disposition
I prefer the good artifical trees... burn candle and everything around the holidays so I always have the smell of the trees!
Old 11-30-2009, 08:43 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 38,396 Times in 5,942 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
A high-quality artificial tree for us. Current one is pre-lit with mini-light strings and is gorgeous. For us, the pros of an artificial tree are the convenience of having it available to put up whenever you wish, and no watering or dry needles to mess with.

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following User Says Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-05-2014)
Old 11-30-2009, 09:11 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
Last Achievements

christmasjingles has shown a merry dispositionchristmasjingles has shown a merry disposition
there is something to be said for both. I grew up with real trees and up until the last 10 years, I would NEVER have considered an artificial tree. But, there came a time when we suddenly had to move and circumstances were such that the only way we'd have a tree is if I went hunting at garage sales. Well, I found a nice big artificial one , really cheap. It's the old kind where you have to insert each branch one at a time in holes that are in the trunk. but, anyway, it is one of the most beautiful trees I have ever seen, and some visitors have thought it was real. anyway, it is quite old, but I don't really know the age of it. This year, I really wanted a real tree again, and I am so thrilled because, even though it didn't seem possible, I thank the Lord that He has worked it all out so we are able to get a real one. I just saw some today outside the store when I did some grocery shopping this morning and, I'll tell ya, with the smell of them and the look, even though I would sit and gawk at the beauty of our artificial tree, there is really nothing quite like the real thing. Both can be beautiful, wonderful, and both can be a pain in the neck, in different ways. The fallen needles don't really bother me.
The Following User Says Thank You to christmasjingles For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-05-2014)
Old 11-30-2009, 10:04 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

radiant star has shown a merry disposition
I've always had real trees. I love them. The smell is amazing. I don't think I would ever want an artificial tree.
The Following User Says Thank You to radiant star For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-05-2014)
Old 11-30-2009, 10:19 AM
Santa's Mentor

Last Achievements

Thanked 4,786 Times in 1,185 Posts
Snow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the tree
I love the candles. Yankee Candle also makes air fresheners for the car. But you can hang them on your artificial tree too if you want to.

They must be listening to The Greasy Skillet Show. Hosted by RadioJonD! Every Saturday night 8:00 PM - 10:00 PM Eastern time!
The Following User Says Thank You to Snow-in-Texas For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-05-2014)
Old 12-01-2009, 12:23 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,383 Times in 801 Posts
brittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companion
I Like both... I suppose i wasn't much help to you hahahaha
The Following User Says Thank You to brittd19 For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-05-2014)
Old 12-01-2009, 09:44 AM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

silverwolf has shown a merry disposition
We never had real trees because my parents deemed them a fire hazard. They are also a lot of trouble because you have to water them.

What amazes me is in centuries gone by, people had real trees and burned candles on them! I wonder how many house fires there were around Christmas in those times.
The Following User Says Thank You to silverwolf For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-05-2014)
Old 12-01-2009, 09:48 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,187 Times in 365 Posts
frostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I really miss having a real tree.
The Following User Says Thank You to frostyman For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-05-2014)