Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » When Do You Put Your Christmas Tree Up?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,079
Threads: 53,837
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,835)
Welcome to our newest member, MistleToeSnow

Old 10-30-2006, 11:13 PM
Christmas_Lover

I always put my Christmas Tree up with my family on December 1st no fail. As it is a unique tradition I have grown up with... My family and I put the Christmas tree up with all the decorations with Christmas Carols on in the backround.

Only 1 more month to go, until I put my Christmas Tree up!

Many Thanks and Best Wishes,

Shirley McLean xx
Old 10-31-2006, 09:35 AM
Ervserver

Anyone here actually go out to a tree farm and hack down their own tree?
Old 10-31-2006, 10:06 AM
Mistletoeologist

Christy Carol has shown a merry dispositionChristy Carol has shown a merry disposition
Originally Posted by Ervserver
Yuppers, done it before and in fact did it last year too. I love doing it...you get to walk around and take as long as you want. They give you a hand saw and after you get it chopped down you can take it to them and they will bag it for you. The place we went last year was passing out hot chocolate and candy canes to munch on while we were browsing.
Old 10-31-2006, 10:36 AM
Santa Clausologist

caseydbell is a good elfcaseydbell is a good elfcaseydbell is a good elfcaseydbell is a good elfcaseydbell is a good elfcaseydbell is a good elf
Originally Posted by Christy Carol
Yuppers, done it before and in fact did it last year too. I love doing it...you get to walk around and take as long as you want. They give you a hand saw and after you get it chopped down you can take it to them and they will bag it for you. The place we went last year was passing out hot chocolate and candy canes to munch on while we were browsing.
That sounds like loads of fun. All though I think we put ours up to early to have a real tree. ( because of no real tree & 8) because we put it up the week of Thanksgiving)
Old 10-31-2006, 10:39 AM
Mistletoeologist

Christy Carol has shown a merry dispositionChristy Carol has shown a merry disposition
Originally Posted by caseydbell
That sounds like loads of fun. All though I think we put ours up to early to have a real tree. ( because of no real tree & 8) because we put it up the week of Thanksgiving)
I put mine up the weekend of Thanksgiving and while it may be a little droopy by Christmas it is still alive. I make sure I water it everyday with warm water and keep it from heater vents.
Old 10-31-2006, 10:42 AM
Ervserver

I was thinking of opening an artificial tree farm. Have a variety of artificial trees mounted on wood posts out in a field. You can make your selection, cut off the post, tie the tree on top of your car.
Old 10-31-2006, 10:54 AM
Santa Clausologist

caseydbell is a good elfcaseydbell is a good elfcaseydbell is a good elfcaseydbell is a good elfcaseydbell is a good elfcaseydbell is a good elf
I was thinking of opening an artificial tree farm. Have a variety of artificial trees mounted on wood posts out in a field. You can make your selection, cut off the post, tie the tree on top of your car.
wouldent that give people a laugh id do it
Old 10-31-2006, 10:56 AM
Santa Clausologist

I put mine up the weekend of Thanksgiving and while it may be a little droopy by Christmas it is still alive. I make sure I water it everyday with warm water and keep it from heater vents.
I dont think id ever do it, a droopy Christmas tree sounds depresing. And the only work i want to do is putting it up decorating it and plugging lights in. Not trying to get you down You have a great tradition that does sound like bukoos of fun!
Old 10-31-2006, 10:58 AM
Mistletoeologist

I dont think id ever do it, a droopy Christmas tree sounds depresing. And the only work i want to do is putting it up decorating it and plugging lights in. Not trying to get you down You have a great tradition that does sound like bukoos of fun!
Oh it tons of fun!!

And actually the droopy tree is kinda funny. I will probably flock it this year though...keeps the droop away!
Old 10-31-2006, 11:01 AM
Santa Clausologist

Good! glad to here the droop can be kept away, that just dosent seem right