Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Traditions & Memories » Any ideas for an Advent?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Traditions & Memories This forum area discusses all the time honored traditions of Christmas. From Christmas trees to mistletoe to great fun with Santa these topics bring us together and inspire great celebration year round. We relish learning of Christmas from all parts of the world and sharing unique cultural traditions from all over. Share your ideas and fond memories here!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,098
Threads: 54,008
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,841)
Welcome to our newest member, misswang123

Old 10-23-2010, 09:45 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

emski4379 is a good elfemski4379 is a good elfemski4379 is a good elfemski4379 is a good elfemski4379 is a good elfemski4379 is a good elfemski4379 is a good elfemski4379 is a good elf
Love these ideas! We also did the daily Christmas activity and I had a hard time thinking them up last year. This list will be very helpful!
The Following User Says Thank You to emski4379 For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (01-23-2014)

Old 10-24-2010, 11:01 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 72,625 Times in 12,682 Posts
Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
WOW, Christmas 24/7!!! Your ideas are wonderful! Thanks for sharing.

Cherylle in CA
Old 10-24-2010, 11:04 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 72,625 Times in 12,682 Posts
Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
sdkluger, you have some great ideas, too, I think I can incorporate some of these into my classroom. Thanks, everyone, for all the great ideas.

Cherylle in CA
Old 10-25-2010, 09:13 AM
Santa Clausologist
Last Achievements

Sanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elf
Every Advent I get a great Advent Calendar and cremate it every Christmas Day.
Old 10-25-2010, 09:07 PM
One Happy lil Elf
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,153 Times in 817 Posts
Mumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happy
Make a bread wreath with the kids,we bought a round bread and cut a large hole in the middle and spread peanut butter on the outside,then sprinkled bird seeds and hung it in the front yard and watched the birds that came.

I strung cranberries and popcorn onto a thin fishing line and hung it outside also.the birds and the squirrels loved it.

Last winter,I took a few metal pans outside,then poured water in them,then I placed a bunch of cookie cutters in the pans.I let them get almost frozen and then placed twigs in the top of the cutters for holes,when they were frozen I used some old yarn and tied them at the top,take the cookie cutters off and you've got "Ice Ornaments" I then tied them to the outside railings.they were fun and the neighbors got a kick outta them.I saw this in a magazine or book awhile back and the kids loved them.great for winter blues.

Pray for Peace People Everywhere!
Victoria