Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > Movies » What's your favorite movie set Decorations ??

Movies From 100+ year old silent films to new releases here we discussed the good, the bad and the ugly of Christmas at the movies.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,432
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,754)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Gift 2 The History of My Merry...
By Jeff Westover
10-12-2002 09:20 PM
58,452 Views  0 Posts
Gift 2 The Bog Ruby...
By Meceka
08-20-2011 10:33 AM
Last post by ibelieveinchristmas
10-11-2011 10:05 AM
1 Posts
Counter Point: Why There...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:38 PM
43,438 Views  0 Posts
The Angel or the Star?
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 08:45 PM
Last post by Stnicholas01
07-18-2013 01:57 PM
50,008 Views  1 Posts
Korat Christmas
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:32 PM
47,420 Views  0 Posts

Old 07-26-2010, 08:34 AM
Mayor of The North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 27,609 Times in 4,412 Posts
Bradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I liked the sets of "A Christmas Story". It looks just like I remember Christmas in the 60's and 70's at home. Right down to the silver tinsel all over the tree (and the floor).
Santa's Helper (08-22-2010)
Old 07-26-2010, 03:14 PM
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)

Thanked 43,445 Times in 9,243 Posts
caninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
holly

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Christmas Scene Where the Tree is all decorated for the Yule Ball and everything in Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire

[URL="http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/"][SIZE=3]http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/[/SIZE][/URL]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 07-27-2010, 06:09 AM
Santa's Mentor

Last Achievements

Thanked 4,762 Times in 1,181 Posts
Snow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the tree
I like in A Christmas Story when the kids first get up and see the tree all lit up and the presents all around the tree. Not an overly decorated scene, but it reminds me of when I was a kid and first walked out on Christmas morning. For some reason the tree looks so much more beautiful on Christmas morning.

They must be listening to The Greasy Skillet Show. Hosted by RadioJonD! Every Saturday night 8:00 PM - 10:00 PM Eastern time!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snow-in-Texas For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (07-27-2010), Santa's Helper (08-22-2010)
Old 07-27-2010, 07:56 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,678 Times in 881 Posts
momnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companion
Loved Home Alone...watched a piece about the filming of this movie and they were very deliberate in the use of the red and green throughout that gorgeous house used to film this movie. By the way, it was a real house in Winnetka Illinois used for the majority of the scenes.

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmas-time.”
Laura Ingalls Wilder
The Following User Says Thank You to momnan30 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2010, 08:13 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 49,382 Times in 9,029 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Snow-in-Texas View Post
I like in A Christmas Story when the kids first get up and see the tree all lit up and the presents all around the tree. Not an overly decorated scene, but it reminds me of when I was a kid and first walked out on Christmas morning. For some reason the tree looks so much more beautiful on Christmas morning.
I love that too! There a few scenes I like from the movie. The department store window at the beginning of the movie and at the very end when mom and dad sit at the window together by the Christmas tree watching the snow fall. This is one movie that I will watch the entire credits because of the pretty snow, with the decorated tree in the window and playing We Wish You a Merry Christmas.

You should be listening to the Greasy Skillet Show with our very own RadioJonD every Saturday from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm central time! Be sure to join the group on Facebook to chat during showtime!

Listen to Kringle Radio for your Christmas music fix! Come on by, we are open 24/7 - 365 days a year!

The Following User Says Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2010, 09:39 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class

jimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
candle

Very cool idea for a thread.

And my pick--the lodge in Holiday Inn.

When Jim Hardy and Linda Mason are singing White Christmas by the fire... it's 1942, New England, winter, the fire is warm, and all my Christmases are white.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jimmyolsen For This Useful Post:
Santa's Helper (08-22-2010), Snowman1971 (09-02-2010)
Old 08-12-2010, 01:40 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,161 Times in 408 Posts
DoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I got into decorating out of control after watching "Christmas Vacation" loved the bright lights.
I also loved the street views of Home Alone and Christmas with the Kranks with the whole street decorating.
Another love are those winter scenes where it is snowing and there is a decorated tree like in Frosty.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:12 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class

LogicsHere is a good elfLogicsHere is a good elfLogicsHere is a good elfLogicsHere is a good elfLogicsHere is a good elfLogicsHere is a good elfLogicsHere is a good elf
I think my favorite decorative scene is Santa's House in "The Night They Saved Christmas".

Betty
Old 08-20-2010, 06:27 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,590 Times in 748 Posts
Kimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnog
Family Home: Home Alone. The way the reds and greens are used is just beautiful!

North Pole: Santa Claus, The Movie. It just has that "innocence" related to Santa Claus.
Old 08-22-2010, 04:04 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 8,744 Times in 1,308 Posts
Solice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the Wisemen
Home Alone!