Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > Music » Christmas Library Gems...

Music Scripture doesn't say it be we know those angels were singing at the manger. And music has been the heart of Christmas ever since.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,439
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,943)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Christmas Bells
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:12 PM
52,458 Views  0 Posts
Little Girl's Christmas:...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2002 07:55 PM
53,881 Views  0 Posts
A Christmas Past Comes...
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:17 PM
0 Posts
stocking Thanksgiving Activities...
By MMC Editor
11-20-2011 01:52 PM
62,983 Views  0 Posts
Candlemas
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:26 PM
52,477 Views  0 Posts

Old 07-08-2010, 08:35 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

Superfreak3 is a good elfSuperfreak3 is a good elfSuperfreak3 is a good elfSuperfreak3 is a good elfSuperfreak3 is a good elfSuperfreak3 is a good elf
Christmas Library Gems...

Hi All,

I just got around to cataloging all of the Christmas music I've acquired over the last several years (primarily from sharity sites). In this thread I would like to offer up some of the Gems. The first...

The Hollyridge Strings - Christmas Favorites

This one is now available on CD, but I believe the RapidShare link still exists and is functional.

Here's some more info on the sound and feel of Christmas Favorites... http://falalalala.com/?p=10

No matter how you get it, GET IT (if the style is to your liking, of course)!

Enjoy until I find the next diamond in the rough.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Superfreak3 For This Useful Post:
Christmas-A-Holic (07-14-2010), RadioJonD (07-24-2010)
Old 07-14-2010, 01:59 PM
Last Achievements

Superfreak3 is a good elfSuperfreak3 is a good elfSuperfreak3 is a good elfSuperfreak3 is a good elfSuperfreak3 is a good elfSuperfreak3 is a good elf
Here's this week's Gem...

Bert Kaempfert - Christmas Wonderland

I bought this CD a while back after finding the vinyl in a collection of LPs that my Dad was throwing out.

Like the Hollyridge Strings, this link is still available on RapidShare.

It's a Must Have. Enjoy!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Superfreak3 For This Useful Post:
Christmas-A-Holic (07-14-2010), RadioJonD (07-24-2010)
Old 07-24-2010, 05:05 PM
Last Achievements

Here's this week's posting...

Christmas Hymns and Carols Sung By the Canterbury Choir.

This too is still available on RapidShare!

I'll dig for more, but for now... ENJOY!

And, Merry Christmas in July!!!

Old 07-26-2010, 08:32 AM
Last Achievements

Here's another...

It's Christmas Once Again with the Harry Simeone Chorale
Old 07-27-2010, 08:30 AM
Last Achievements

Here's one I'd like to add to my library...

Mike Sammes Singers with Organ and Chimes - White Christmas.

All I can really find is the Vinyl with 24 (or maybe 25) tracks and I have no way of ripping it to digital from there. There is a cheap one on Ebay too... bummer.

Does anyone know where I could get a copy of this at a decent price. There are some in Australia, but they're charging something like $28 shipping.

Any help is Greatly Appreciated!!
Old 08-03-2010, 06:39 PM
Last Achievements

Thought I found the Sammes - White Christmas I was looking, but was sent an LP! Rats!! Oh well, I'll just keep the vinyl until I can rip it.

I guess since I'm majorly into hunting down old Christmas music right now I should invest in a decent turntable. Once I get a turntable, how involved is it. Can I just plug into the sound card on my laptop and just capture the playback. I don't need any big time software program as I'm not concerned with the highest quality. Cracks and pops won't matter that much to me as I see that as part of the "charm".

Any direction, pointers, etc. would be greatly appreciated!
Old 08-05-2010, 08:12 AM
Last Achievements

Here's this weeks installment...

Sammy Kaye and His Orchestra - I Want to Wish You a Merry Christmas

Old 08-11-2010, 02:16 PM
Last Achievements

Ah heck, I have too many good ones to mention.

For those that are interested and don't already know (probably most do), two great sharity sites, among others, are http://falalalala.com/ and http://ernienotbert.blogspot.com/ .

You will find tons and tons of Christmas music of all shapes and sizes.

If you haven't already discovered these and the many other sharity sites, get on it! Christmas is right around the corner!!
Old 09-09-2010, 09:46 AM
Merry KISSmas
Last Achievements

Mr Walker is a good elfMr Walker is a good elfMr Walker is a good elfMr Walker is a good elfMr Walker is a good elfMr Walker is a good elfMr Walker is a good elfMr Walker is a good elfMr Walker is a good elf
Originally Posted by Superfreak3 View Post
I guess since I'm majorly into hunting down old Christmas music right now I should invest in a decent turntable. Once I get a turntable, how involved is it. Can I just plug into the sound card on my laptop and just capture the playback. I don't need any big time software program as I'm not concerned with the highest quality. Cracks and pops won't matter that much to me as I see that as part of the "charm".

Any direction, pointers, etc. would be greatly appreciated!
You pretty much got it.
I started out by purchasing an Audio-Technica USB Turntable... I can't remember the model number, but I think I paid $115 for it. I didn't like the way the audio sounded when I used the USB cord so I purchased some RCA wires with an adapter to plug the cords into the input jack of my soundcard. Then I decided to upgrade the soundcard in my computer... I think I picked up a Sound Blaster Audigy card at Walmart for $30. Although you aren't looking for big time software... I would highly recommend putting down $40 for Acoustica's 'Spin It Again'. I tried using 'Audacity' (which is free) but Spin It Again was so much easier to use and manipulate. After you are done 'recording' the album it will automatically detect the tracks for you... this is a great starting point because most of the time you will need to move the starting and ending points manually. You can also adjust the 'volume' of the tracks... after working with it for a while, you'll be able to find your own personal sweet-spot... not too loud, but not too soft. There are also a lot of preset effects/filters to clean up clicks and pops. The 'vinyl declick & decrackle' effect is the one I used last year and when you have a 30-40+ year old thrift store Christmas LP, it makes a WORLD of difference. I try to avoid using any effects at all, but sometimes it's necessary.

I'm no pro nor am I an audiophile, but I'd be happy to help you out the best I can with any questions... you sound like you are in the same place I was last year when I decided to start hunting down Christmas Vinyl that couldn't be easily found on CD and .mp3s just weren't good enough.
Old 09-09-2010, 10:01 AM
Last Achievements

Thanks much and I'll shoot any questions I have your way once I pick up the USB turntable.