Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > Christmas Radio & Audio » 2010 Christmas/Holiday Radio Programming & Schedules

Christmas Radio & Audio Discussions of Christmas on tape or disc, playing on the radio or uploaded here at MMC.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,971
Threads: 53,430
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,327)
Welcome to our newest member, BelenikovaRord
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
The Story of Black Peter
By MMC Editor
06-03-2002 01:49 PM
Last post by Angioni
09-16-2012 09:19 AM
1 Posts
"The Purloined...
By MerryCarey
05-21-2012 11:34 AM
55,325 Views  0 Posts
There's Something About...
By MMC Editor
06-22-2010 10:42 PM
49,691 Views  0 Posts
Christmas in Mexico
By MMc Editor
06-02-2002 09:17 PM
43,243 Views  0 Posts
The Tale of La Befana
By MMC Editor
06-03-2002 01:52 PM
60,812 Views  0 Posts

Old 11-15-2010, 02:46 PM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener
Last Achievements

Tinkerbell2476 has shown a merry disposition
Gift 4

96.1 The River in Baton Rouge has went all Christmas music through December 25. You can listen online at http://www.961theriver.com
The Following User Says Thank You to Tinkerbell2476 For This Useful Post:
RadioJonD (11-15-2010)
Old 11-16-2010, 02:23 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,206 Times in 2,270 Posts
RadioJonD has disabled reputation
WMJJ 96.5 - Birmingham, AL USA

Originally Posted by sugarplum fairy View Post
Have you heard anything about when stations in or around Birmingham, Alabama will start playing Christmas music?...
Originally Posted by sugarplum fairy View Post
I am so ready for Christmas music to play on the radio. They usually have started it by now, at least on the weekend. At least I have my CD's, but I am ready for it on the radio!
Here you do, Ma’am!

WMJJ, Magic 96.5 – Birmingham, Alabama

All Christmas with an online listen link - http://www.magic96fm.com/main.html

Of course Sugarplum Fairy gets to listen at home and in her vehicle!
Old 11-17-2010, 01:12 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Hawaii Public Radio

With an online listen link.

Holiday Programming from HPR

KIPO 89.3

11/25 Thanksgiving Day

6:00 am The Splendid Table’s Turkey Confidential

A funny, gravy-spattered special with Lynne Rossetto Kasper, award-winning host of public radio’s national food show The Splendid Table®. She’ll take listeners’ live “kitchen helpline” calls and provide help for Thanksgiving cooks, kitchen helpers and dinner guests on this, the biggest cooking day of the year. Joining the program this year are international chef and food advocate Jamie Oliver, international culinary innovator José Andrés, wine author Joshua Wesson, and regular Splendid Table restaurant guides Jane and Michael Stern

5:00 pm Giving Thanks with John Burge

A music-and-stories celebration of Thanksgiving. Host John Birge creates a thoughtful, contemporary reflection on the meaning of the holiday—perfect for broadcast while families gather at the table to share common blessings. Deepak Chopra, celebrated writer on spirituality and wellness, and Nigella Lawson, British food writer who appears on NPR's Morning Edition, BBC television, and the Food Network, are featured. Classical music is the heart and soul of Giving Thanks, and this year's selections include Simple Gifts from Yo-Yo Ma, a hymn of Thanksgiving from Beethoven's Pastoral Symphony, the autumnal lyricism of Mark O'Connor's American Seasons, and a cornucopia of Bach. Between the music, it's a contemporary celebration of spirit of Gratitude.

11/30

6:30 pm Aloha Shorts. Special rebroadcast of the show on Food, with pieces that will take you from soup to coffee. With guest reader Wanda Adams.

12/24

7:00pm Jonathan Winters’ A Christmas Carol

An updated version of a public radio tradition hosted by NPR’s Lisa Simeone. Master comedian Jonathan Winters presents a distinctive reading of Dickens’ holiday classic, with a special performing edition prepared by Dickens for his own presentations. Also featuring Mimi Kennedy. From NPR and KCRW.

8:00 pm The Yule Deal, with Seth Markow

12/25

5:00 pm Sabor Tropical will celebrate the holidays “Latin style” with a special program titled “Navidad Tropical,” featuring holiday favorites in Salsa, traditional Spanish Christmas songs, Musica Tipica and Latin Jazz.

12/31

7:00 pm A Season’s Griot

Public radio’s only nationally syndicated Kwanzaa program. Hosted for the last 17 years by acclaimed storyteller Madafo Lloyd Wilson, this annual one-hour special captures the tales and traditions of African-American and African peoples. This year's program features a retrospective of the wonderful stories and music from 17 years of “A Season’s Griot.” You'll hear the very best stories told by distinguished storytellers. Familiar and favorite elements of Griot will be in place with plenty of music, and an original composition by the show's poet laureate, Beverly Fields Burnette.

1/1/2011 (and 1/8)

5:00 pm Sabor Tropical kicks off its 20th Anniversary year on HPR with a two part review of the “Best of 2010.”

1/3/11

6:30 pm The Capitol Steps: Politics Takes a Holiday, New Year’s Edition

Although not all of the current members of the Steps are former Capitol Hill staffers, taken together the performers have worked in a total of eighteen Congressional offices and represent 62 years of collective House and Senate staff experience.

KHPR 88.1 / KKUA 90.7 / KANO 91.1

12/10

3:00 pm Live from the Atherton: Hawaii Opera Theatre’s Education Department presents Dvorak’s “Rusalka,” an opera based on the Little Mermaid fairy tale. Gene Schiller hosts.

12/20

7 pm: “Welcome Christmas” – A Christmas salute to John Rutter by VocalEssence, under the direction of Philip Brunelle.

12/21

7 pm: “Echoes of Christmas” –

The famed Dale Warland Singers with a Christmas concert drawn from their archives of live performances.

12/22

7 pm: “A Chanticleer Christmas”

The world’s finest male chorus celebrates Christmas; recorded live in San Francisco and hosted by Brian Newhouse.

12/23

3 pm: “Chaunukah in Story and Song”

A returning one-hour Chanukah favorite, a celebration by The Western Wind performing Ladino songs of Spanish Jews, Yiddish melodies of Eastern Europe and modern Israeli tunes. Hosted by Leonard Nimoy.

6 pm: “A Paul Winter Solstice Concert”

From the Cathedral of St. John the Divine in New York City, Paul Winter is back again with a unique exploration of the solstice tradition in cultures near and far.

12/24 Christmas Eve

8:30 am A Festival of Nine Lessons and Carols, live from Kings College, Cambridge.

In 1918, the then-new dean of King’s Chapel, 34-year-old Eric Milner-White, wanted to try something innovative and beyond the standard liturgy of the Church of England. So, he wove together scripture and song, called on readers of various ages from school and town, and made up this truly magical progression that carries us from prophecy to fulfillment, from Old Testament foretelling to a birthday celebration.

7:00 pm The Hawaii Youth Opera Chorus in Concert at Honolulu’s Kawaiaha`o Church.

12/25 Christmas Day

1:00 pm Met archive broadcast of Smetana’s delightful comedy The Bartered Bride. Originally heard Dec. 2, 1978, the last time the opera was aired on a live Saturday broadcast. James Levine, celebrating his 40th Anniversary at the Met this season, conducts a legendary cast that included Teresa Stratas (Marenka), Nicolai Gedda (Jenik), Jon Vickers (Vasek), and Martti Talvela, (Kecal). Two intermissions; length about three hours.

12/26

8:00 pm Mirror of the New. Bob Wehrmann will be airing his most requested program, which has incurred the wrath of Republican cowboys and Liberal vegetarians: Garland Hershi’s Cows.

1/1/11

10 am The classic New Year’s Day From Vienna 2011 concert, live from the Golden Hall of Vienna’s Musikverein, with the Vienna Philharmonic.

1/2/11

8:00 pm Mirror of the New.

Bob Wehrmann presents a surprise program celebrating hangover cures and albino slide guitar players specializing in performance of music generated by numerology found in the fractals of light. The program features music composed on January 1, 2011, the first compositions of the second decade of the Twenty-first century C.E.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:51 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Public Radio Aspen, Colorado USA

Aspen, Colorado Public Radio

with an online listen link.

Independence Pass 88.9 / Downtown Aspen 91.5 / Aspen Business Center/ 91.1 / Snowmass Village 90.9 & 91.1 / Woody Creek 89.3 / Aspen Village 89.3Old Snowmass 90.9 / Snowmass Canyon 89.3 / Basalt 90.1 & 88.9 / El Jebel 88.9 / Missouri Heights 88.9 / Carbondale, Redstone 88.9 / Meredith, Thomasville 90.9 / Glenwood Springs 89.3 / New Castle 88.9 / Silt 88.9 / Rifle 88.9 / Gypsum 88.9 / Eagle 88.9 / Edwards 88.9 / Avon 88.9

Special Holiday Programming

Thursday, November 25, 9 – 11 a.m. - Turkey Confidential

Join Lynne Rosetto Kaspar and a host of experts including Jamie Oliver, Joshua Wesson, and Jose Andres for turkey triage on the biggest cooking days of the year. In addition to the 2-hour live radio call-in, they'll be hosting a live chat, taking questions over the web, showcasing favorite recipes, and sharing pictures of your very own splendid table. Call (800) 537-5252 on Thanksgiving Day to join the fun!

Wednesday, December 1, 8 – 9 p.m. - Hanukkah Lights 2010

Celebrate the first night of Hanukkah with a perennial NPR favorite for nearly two decades. This year's show features brand new stories written expressly for Hanukkah Lights. It will be hosted by NPR's Susan Stamberg and Murray Horwitz.

Saturday, December 18, 12 – 12:30 p.m. - A Car Talk Christmas Carol Redux

Catch a double dose of “Click and Clack” on with this refreshed and updated version of the holiday classic starring Tom and Ray Magliozzi and a stellar cast of public radio personalities, including Robert Siegel as Bob Cratchit.

Sunday, December 19, 7 – 9 p.m. - A Paul Winter Solstice Concert

From the Cathedral of St. John the Divine in New York City, Paul Winter is back with a unique exploration of the solstice tradition in cultures near and far. The Paul Winter Consort is joined by musicians from all over the world, including Russia's Dimitri Pokrovsky Ensemble and gospel singer Theresa Thomasson.

Friday, December 24, 8 – 10 p.m. - Festival of Nine Lessons and Carols

Saturday, December 25, 1 – 3 p.m.

Since 1928, the BBC has broadcast this service of Biblical readings with choral and organ selections from King’s College in Cambridge, England, live on Christmas Eve. Join host Michael Barone for this APR tradition!

Saturday, December 25, 7 – 8 p.m. - All Songs Considered: Holiday Edition

The wacky holiday tradition continues! The not-so-plump-but-jolly Santa Bob and his cantankerous elves are in their workshop, trading holiday cheer and barbs (mostly barbs). They're checking the list for the best fresh holiday songs from emerging and breakout bands. Check out Bob Boilen and friends as they host the second All Songs Considered holiday special from NPR Music.

Friday, December 31, 6 pm – 2 a.m. - Toast of the Nation

Count down, sing along, and dance to live music all night long. Travel from coast to coast with four celebrations of midnight from time zone to time zone. Toast of the Nation is the perfect holiday special for any New Year's party!

Saturday, January 1, 1 – 3 p.m. - New Year's Day from Vienna 2011

Tune in on New Year’s Day for a sparkling celebration live from the Golden Hall at the Musikverein in Vienna. The Vienna Philharmonic presents its ever-popular New Year’s Day from Vienna, including your favorite waltzes, polkas, and so much more—a festive way to begin the new year. Presented by NPR Music and WGBH Boston.
Old 11-18-2010, 06:13 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class

mac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elf
It seems the Canadian Radio channels for Cable TV started a bit earlier this year then their usual Dec 1st!!

It appears they kicked off their Holiday Channels as of Nov 13th !!

http://www.galaxie.ca/en_CA/channels

I will verify this when I get home tonight after B-Day supper with the wife.

Cheers!!

ML
Old 11-18-2010, 06:20 AM
...and Noel's mama, too!

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,782 Times in 1,618 Posts
judesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemen
100.7 in the Philadelphia area (I think it's actually the Lehigh Valley, but I get the station here in Montgomery County) is all-Christmas!! Just discovered it yesterday.
The Following User Says Thank You to judesmama For This Useful Post:
RadioJonD (11-19-2010)
Old 11-18-2010, 01:48 PM

beatlesfan96 has shown a merry disposition
103.3 WODS and 105.7 WROR started this morning in Boston, MA
The Following User Says Thank You to beatlesfan96 For This Useful Post:
RadioJonD (11-19-2010)
Old 11-19-2010, 06:12 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class

mac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elf
I can confirm!!

I checked this morning before heading out and 3 Xmas channels are in the music area of the cable channels, awesome!!

Cheers!!

ML

Originally Posted by mac55 View Post
It seems the Canadian Radio channels for Cable TV started a bit earlier this year then their usual Dec 1st!!

It appears they kicked off their Holiday Channels as of Nov 13th !!

http://www.galaxie.ca/en_CA/channels

I will verify this when I get home tonight after B-Day supper with the wife.

Cheers!!

ML
Old 11-19-2010, 06:35 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

BBC Radio Leeds UK

Christmas with BBC Radio Leeds

West Yorkshire gets to celebrate Christmas in style this year as BBC Radio Leeds comes to Bradford Cathedral for a special Christmas Service.

Introduced by BBC Radio Leeds presenter Andrew Edwards and the Dean of Bradford Cathedral, the Very Rev Dr David Ison, the service is open to everyone.

The service takes place on Monday 6 December at 7pm.

Andrew Edwards said: "For some people it's the first mince pie, for me this is THE sign Christmas is really here."

Something special

From seasonal readings to Christmas carols, from brass band music to Bradford Cathedral Choir, this year's BBC Radio Leeds Christmas Service will be something special.

Hammonds Saltaire band, formerly known as the Hammonds Sauce Works Band, will accompany some of the carols as well as performing a selection of their own Christmas favourites.

BBC Radio Leeds presenters Liz Green, Richard Staples, Katherine Hannah and David Hoyle will be at the lectern to give Christmas readings.

Sing Live! - who have also played at the Vatican, the Royal Albert Hall and on a cruise ship in Alaska - will perform, fresh from a concert at the Disney World resort in Florida.

Christmas celebrations

This is a wonderful opportunity to join us and sing your heart out in one of my favourite West Yorkshire churches."
Andrew Edwards, BBC Radio Leeds

Host Andrew Edwards said he was particularly happy to be in Bradford for BBC Radio Leeds' Christmas celebrations.

He said: "I am delighted that we are the guests of Bradford Cathedral this year.

"I am currently presenting my afternoon show from our studios at the National Media Museum, and have spent many years broadcasting here in Bradford.

"I remember very fondly our special outside broadcast from the Cathedral a few years ago when the Queen came to present the Maundy money here."

At the centre of the BBC Radio Leeds Christmas service will be reminders of the true meaning of the season, with the Dean of Bradford Cathedral, the Very Rev Dr. David Ison, conducting prayers and giving a short address.

Favourite carols

Those taking part will also be able to blow away the cobwebs with the chance to sing favourite carols like Once In Royal David's City, O Come All Ye Faithful and Hark The Herald Angels Sing.

Andrew Edwards said everybody was invited to attend the BBC Radio Leeds Christmas Service at Bradford Cathedral on Monday 6 December.

He said: "Recording the BBC Radio Leeds Christmas Service is always one of the highlights of the broadcasting year for me.

"This is a wonderful opportunity to join us and sing your heart out in one of my favourite West Yorkshire churches."

The Christmas Service will be recorded and can be heard on BBC Radio Leeds (92.4 FM) on Christmas Eve at 7pm and again at noon on Christmas Day.

If you would like to take part in the service, please make sure you are at Bradford Cathedral in plenty of time before 7pm on Monday 6 December as the event will start promptly and latecomers will not be allowed in to the recording.

Broadcasts can be listened to "live." Earlier programs can also be played from their "iplayer" web page.

Other BBC radio feeds are also available from the menu on the left-side of this web page (BBC1, BBC2, BBC3, etc).
Maureen (11-20-2010)
Old 11-19-2010, 10:20 PM

ptd050913 has shown a merry disposition
Milwaukee, WI

WRIT- Oldies 95.7

All Christmas- http://www.milwaukeeoldies.com/main.html
The Following User Says Thank You to ptd050913 For This Useful Post:
RadioJonD (11-20-2010)