Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Other Holidays > Halloween » How do you light your pumpkins?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Halloween Real Halloween
Spooks hover here! Presented by Real Halloween.com, our own site of all things Halloween, this merry section of the forum is dedicated to talking about our ideas, plans, thoughts and observations of a great day of Fall that just happens to lead right into the Christmas season.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,846
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,865)
Welcome to our newest member, Amy_theexplorer

Old 10-31-2006, 10:26 AM
Mistletoeologist

Christy Carol has shown a merry dispositionChristy Carol has shown a merry disposition
Originally Posted by sheepsnot
I went electrical this year. Too bright, really. The eyes don't stand out so well because the whole thing is so bright.
Try the red bulb.

Old 10-31-2006, 10:37 AM
Ervserver

turn the pumpkin around then the light won't show as much
Old 10-31-2006, 10:40 AM
Mistletoeologist

Christy Carol has shown a merry dispositionChristy Carol has shown a merry disposition
then how will you see his face??
Old 10-31-2006, 11:43 AM
Ervserver

Have to paint one on with nail polish
Old 06-17-2007, 08:42 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

sarahelizabeth is a new face around here!
We just use tealights, LOL.

Last year we had this thing called Fright Lights where you're supposed to take these individual little light things and stick them in the pumpkin and then put a tea light in them and it changes colors. I got frustrated with them and started hammering them in. But, it worked.
Old 06-17-2007, 01:58 PM
On the Naughty List

Jinglebelle will NOT spit in your eggnogJinglebelle will NOT spit in your eggnogJinglebelle will NOT spit in your eggnogJinglebelle will NOT spit in your eggnogJinglebelle will NOT spit in your eggnogJinglebelle will NOT spit in your eggnogJinglebelle will NOT spit in your eggnogJinglebelle will NOT spit in your eggnogJinglebelle will NOT spit in your eggnogJinglebelle will NOT spit in your eggnogJinglebelle will NOT spit in your eggnog
I ran out of tea lights last year and used those green glowie sticks... it looked eerie... very cool
Old 06-18-2007, 02:14 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

Merry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMerry Sage would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I used to use a tea light. Unfortunately, you can't get decent sized pumpkins here in England, so I don't carve one now. I do however, go mad trying to find candy corn.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:32 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Last year we used a fake candle that flickered. It worked "okay" but I wasn't overly impressed. This year I will probably go back to plain old tealights, although, I've gotten some interesting ideas from this thread that I may have to try out.
Old 09-08-2007, 04:24 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class

MerrySouthernChristmas has shown a merry dispositionMerrySouthernChristmas has shown a merry dispositionMerrySouthernChristmas has shown a merry dispositionMerrySouthernChristmas has shown a merry disposition
The magic of candles has yet to burn down my garden...
Old 09-15-2007, 06:55 PM
Christmasologist

kidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elf
I have used glow sticks and I also have a gadget that changes colors that is battery operated.