Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > Movies » Favorite Christmas Movie Scene?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Movies From 100+ year old silent films to new releases here we discussed the good, the bad and the ugly of Christmas at the movies.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,098
Threads: 54,008
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,841)
Welcome to our newest member, misswang123

Old 08-17-2010, 07:37 AM
Emerging from the Cave
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,127 Times in 696 Posts
Courtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happy
Favorite Christmas Movie Scene?

What is your favorite Christmas movie scene? Which scene touches you?
I have a few, but my very favorite is:

The last scene in A Christmas Story. 'Mother' turns on the radio and sits on the arm of the chair by 'the Old Man', and with a glass of wine they watch the snow falling while the room is lit only by the beautiful tree, and the only sounds are that of the Christmas tunes in the background.

I don't know why, but I think the scene is sweet and romantic.

So, what/which is your favorite scene from a Christmas movie?
[Describe it, if you can... ]

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Courtney For This Useful Post:
rodmonster (08-18-2010), superdave1225 (01-08-2011)

Old 08-17-2010, 07:52 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself

Faith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to others
Hi Courtney!!
That is definitely a very peaceful and serene scene.
My favorite Christmas Story movie scene is when "Scott Farkus got his"!! LOL
I think A Christmas Story is our entire family's favorite movie!! We leave it on all night long on Christmas Eve!! hahaha
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Faith4always For This Useful Post:
Courtney (08-18-2010), rodmonster (08-18-2010)
Old 08-17-2010, 08:15 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I love the Moment in "it's a wonderful life", when they are singing under the tree..
Old 08-17-2010, 10:10 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

LogicsHere is a good elfLogicsHere is a good elfLogicsHere is a good elfLogicsHere is a good elfLogicsHere is a good elfLogicsHere is a good elfLogicsHere is a good elf
My favorite Christmas movie scene is in the original "Miracle on 34th Street" when both Doris Walker (Maureen O'Hara) and Fred Gailey (John Payne) spot the cane at the corner of the fireplace in the house they just found and he says "maybe I didn't do such a good thing after all."

Betty
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LogicsHere For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2010, 10:33 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

Jeniferdwn will NOT spit in your eggnogJeniferdwn will NOT spit in your eggnogJeniferdwn will NOT spit in your eggnogJeniferdwn will NOT spit in your eggnogJeniferdwn will NOT spit in your eggnogJeniferdwn will NOT spit in your eggnogJeniferdwn will NOT spit in your eggnogJeniferdwn will NOT spit in your eggnogJeniferdwn will NOT spit in your eggnogJeniferdwn will NOT spit in your eggnogJeniferdwn will NOT spit in your eggnog
I have several. I don't know that I could choose only one!
A Christmas Story
Nat'l Lampoons Christmas Vacation
Home Alone 1 and 2
A Charlie Brown Christmas
Jingle all the Way
Christmas with the Kranks
Gosh I could keep on listing!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jeniferdwn For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2010, 01:04 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,191 Times in 426 Posts
DoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
"And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid. And the angel said unto them, 'Fear not:...

I keep this keepsake ornament out all year just so I can play it from time to time. Will always love that part of the movie when Linus takes centerstage.
I have many fav. scenes but this sticks out.
Courtney (08-18-2010), rodmonster (08-18-2010), superdave1225 (01-08-2011)
Old 08-18-2010, 07:05 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,650 Times in 585 Posts
whitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnog
Originally Posted by DoubleA View Post
"And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid. And the angel said unto them, 'Fear not:...

I keep this keepsake ornament out all year just so I can play it from time to time. Will always love that part of the movie when Linus takes centerstage.
I have many fav. scenes but this sticks out.

This is my favorite too!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to whitney37354 For This Useful Post:
Courtney (08-18-2010), DoubleA (08-19-2010), rodmonster (08-18-2010)
Old 08-18-2010, 08:11 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 38,727 Times in 6,010 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
How many favorite moments I have! One is from a movie only marginally associated with Christmas, but it has one of my favorite Christmas moments: The Shop Around the Corner.

Near the end of the film the shop is closing up after a busy, profitable Christmas Eve. The owner of the shop is standing outside the door, wishing a Merry Christmas to each employee as he or she leaves, and inquiring about their Christmas plans. He is secretly fishing for an invitation, but everyone already has plans. The last to leave is the new errand boy, Rudy. Rudy confesses that he will be spending Christmas alone, as his parents don't live in the city. The owner of the shop describes a fabulous Christmas meal at an expensive restaurant and says, "Well, you're going to have it! Come with me!" and they cheerily stride away together, two lonely guys celebrating together. My description doesn't do it justice; it's a really touching, uplifting moment.

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2010, 08:27 AM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 53,041 Times in 9,628 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
What is your favorite Christmas movie scene? Which scene touches you?
I have a few, but my very favorite is:

The last scene in A Christmas Story. 'Mother' turns on the radio and sits on the arm of the chair by 'the Old Man', and with a glass of wine they watch the snow falling while the room is lit only by the beautiful tree, and the only sounds are that of the Christmas tunes in the background.

I don't know why, but I think the scene is sweet and romantic.

So, what/which is your favorite scene from a Christmas movie?
[Describe it, if you can... ]
I love that scene too and it's probably the only movie that I watch the entire credits because they play, We Wish You a Merry Christmas, show the tree in the window with the snow falling. I LOVE that!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2010, 09:09 AM
Mayor of The North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 29,454 Times in 4,673 Posts
Bradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
This is a tough one!

I recently watched Fred Claus, near the end on Christmas morning when all the elves were watching the giant snow globe with scenes of children opening their presents while Silent Night was sung in the background. Then Santa tells Fred he's the best big brother anyone could ever ask for. Fred kisses him on the forehead and Santa tears ups and says "ho, ho, ho" softly.

Had me crying like a baby.
Courtney (08-18-2010), DoubleA (08-19-2010), made582 (09-02-2010), rodmonster (08-18-2010), Solice (09-26-2010), superdave1225 (01-08-2011)