Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Traditions & Memories This forum area discusses all the time honored traditions of Christmas. From Christmas trees to mistletoe to great fun with Santa these topics bring us together and inspire great celebration year round. We relish learning of Christmas from all parts of the world and sharing unique cultural traditions from all over. Share your ideas and fond memories here!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,845
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,865)
Welcome to our newest member, Amy_theexplorer

Old 12-10-2006, 06:20 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class

devOn has shown a merry disposition
i like Christmas Eve because it is the day I'm really ready for Christmas.... I like christmas better but Christmas Eve gets me into the CHristmas spirit for Christmas..

Old 12-10-2006, 09:07 AM
On the Naughty List

eschen is a new face around here!
Here in Germany, Christmas Eve is the main day of Christmas. We are five persons (my husband, my son, my parents and me) and eating baked toast. After dinner we are distributing the Xmas gifts and are talking nad laughing. Our little son (3 years old) is totally excited about his presents and is playing the whole evening with his new toys.

Xmas Greetings

Silvia
Old 12-10-2006, 09:18 AM
Christmas Royalty

clarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnog

I love christmas eve i think its the best day off all,we all go as a family to visit the rest of the family we take our presents to give to each of them,we prepare everything for christmas day eg cook turkey peel veg etc.We get the house lovely and cosy and tidy,then we get ourselfs dressed and ready for xmas eve mass which i love,then get in and have a little buffet tea.
i just love christmas!!!
Old 12-10-2006, 12:24 PM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

kelly88 has shown a merry disposition
We don't really have any traditions for Christmas Eve, usually every year is different but it goes something like I get up at around 8, watch some TV then get bathed and dressed. When I've had breakfast etc and we're ready me and my mum do some shopping for things we'll need over Christmas while the shops aren't open. Then we come back and watch whatever Christmassy things there are on TV. In the morning or early afternoon my uncle and aunty would come to visit but my uncle died earlier this year so this Christmas will be strange without him . Then we watch some more TV and eat! Later in the afternoon my brother and his family usually come (unless he comes Christmas day or Boxing day). We sit around talking, opening presents off him etc. Then we got to Mass later in the evening. When we come home I open my new pyjamas, put them on and watch some more TV then go to bed. I then spend half the night either awake or waking up every 10 minutes . Christmas eve is always really good!
Old 12-11-2006, 09:12 PM
Mistletoeologist

ReineV has disabled reputation
just under TWO weeks to Christmas eve!!!! You guys I am SO excited! We're going to be cooking Mexican food Christmas eve and baking cookies!!
Old 12-12-2006, 12:52 PM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

WonderfulChristmasTime1 has shown a merry dispositionWonderfulChristmasTime1 has shown a merry disposition
We sit around and listen to music and eat, eat and laugh.
Old 12-15-2006, 07:06 PM
Merry Forums Newbie
Last Achievements

Mimi is a new face around here!
Hi everybody, I'm new to the forum. An interesting place, many fun topics.

Christmas Eve is very special to us. Our grandchildren are here, we all head to church to see the special play for children and attend service, after returning home we have the same meal my family did when they came from Europe. We'll generally open a couple gifts, my hubby reads "The Night Before Christmas" and we all try and remember the words, lol... or make up our own. Then the wee ones are whisked off to bed to wait for Santa. We generally hear his bells sometime during the night.. he's fast though, we've never caught him. The adults opens a few more gifts. Morning is fun with everyone running around, I make a buffet breakfast for everyone and we sit and enjoy each other's company. There's a lot of kibitzing that goes on among the adult children. A fun day filled with family and good memories.
Old 12-15-2006, 08:55 PM
Mistletoeologist

Christy Carol has shown a merry dispositionChristy Carol has shown a merry disposition
Mimi...can I come to your house?
Old 12-16-2006, 10:34 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class

e_xander is a good elfe_xander is a good elfe_xander is a good elfe_xander is a good elfe_xander is a good elfe_xander is a good elf
Originally Posted by Christy Carol
Mimi...can I come to your house?
Me too, me too!

Sean
Old 12-17-2006, 03:07 PM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger

megarrick has shown a merry dispositionmegarrick has shown a merry dispositionmegarrick has shown a merry disposition
My Christmas Eve is spent at my boyfriends parents house. His parents, sister, her boyfriend, and the two of us are there. We all have a part in making peanut brittle! 6 people in one little kitchen! Then we sit down and watch movies and talk while his mom cleans up all of our mess! When shes done, all the "kids" get to open up one of our presents. Around 10:30 my boyfriend brings me back to my house and he spends the night at his parents house. My dad works shiftwork and he always works on Christmas Day (hasn't been home for Christmas in 10 years) so me and my brother open presents either when Daddy is getting ready to go to work or either has just gotton home. My boyfriend gets up and drives over here to have Christmas with my family and them we go back to his parents house and have Christmas there.

Sorry this is so long!