Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

Traditions & Memories This forum area discusses all the time honored traditions of Christmas. From Christmas trees to mistletoe to great fun with Santa these topics bring us together and inspire great celebration year round. We relish learning of Christmas from all parts of the world and sharing unique cultural traditions from all over. Share your ideas and fond memories here!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,976
Threads: 53,451
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,178)
Welcome to our newest member, Johnmak
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Anna Claus
By MMC Editor
06-09-2002 08:15 PM
76,289 Views  0 Posts
santahat The True Story of Santa...
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 10:59 PM
0 Posts
Nobody Believes Me
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:30 PM
Last post by Joyfully yours
08-30-2013 05:10 AM
55,896 Views  4 Posts
Christmas Candles
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:20 PM
54,079 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Gifts,...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:50 PM
46,122 Views  0 Posts

Old 12-04-2006, 04:25 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class

TooShort4 is a good elfTooShort4 is a good elfTooShort4 is a good elfTooShort4 is a good elfTooShort4 is a good elfTooShort4 is a good elfTooShort4 is a good elf
My Christmas Eve

Well, on Christmas Eve, I wake up early and just start jumping around. I usually watch that Flinstones Christmas Special and the Jetsons Christmas hehe. At 5pm, we all drive over to my aunts and uncles, and we have a gift exchange (we draw names in October and buy them a gift for $25 or less.) And we eat, etc you know. Then we open presents. On Christmas morning, I wake up at 2am with my dog and look under the tree, scope stuff out lol, and sit on the couch with her and watch tv. Around 9, my brothers come over and we open presents! Awesome.
Old 12-06-2006, 07:56 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

cspelling is a new face around here!
My family has a similar tradition with the whole christmas eve gift exchange and dinner, its so exciting to be together with your family and share the love.
Old 08-12-2007, 08:29 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Chillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elf
present

I come from a very large family. We haven't pull names in a long time. I think that I will take it upon myself to start this tradition back into our family. Thanks for sharing.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:10 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Thanks for sharing your Christmas Eve traditions!

DH and I usually both have to work until noon on Christmas Eve (unless it falls on a weekend...although I'm going to ask my boss about this year since Christmas Eve is on a Monday...might be able to get it off), but then we go home and watch a few random Christmas specials that are playing on tv and finish up our last minute Christmas preparations before going to the in-laws where we will exchange gifts with Dh's family. It's all great fun!
Old 08-14-2007, 01:05 AM

Andrex has shown a merry dispositionAndrex has shown a merry dispositionAndrex has shown a merry dispositionAndrex has shown a merry disposition
Those are all great traditions!

For me, nothing happens until after supper, so you can imagine the pain of watching the older members of the family eat slowly and patiently! Afterwards we gather around the tree and the younger members exchange gifts between themselves and the older members as well. The kids get their gift giving done the day before so they have Christmas all to themselves!
Old 08-14-2007, 07:49 AM

Dawnfletch has shown a merry dispositionDawnfletch has shown a merry disposition
I have worked the last 17 years on christmas eve,but last year i didnt work & this year i wont be working. The only thing that weve done every year is go to our friends for a meal. This year we are going to go out for a meal,with us having Joseph i wnat to be at home for the night so we can do the stuff with him with it been his first christmas.
Old 08-25-2007, 06:22 PM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger

MissKringle is a good elfMissKringle is a good elfMissKringle is a good elfMissKringle is a good elfMissKringle is a good elfMissKringle is a good elfMissKringle is a good elf
Christmas Eve for me is just a fun day, we don't do much, family's all got together, we eat & watch a Christmas movie or two, late-night do a last minute gift wrapping & go 2 bed to see what's under the tree in the morning!
Old 08-25-2007, 06:34 PM
MMC Media Guru Extraordinaire

Last Achievements

dvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the tree
can i ask where you got those christmas specials?
Old 08-25-2007, 06:53 PM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster

scooterbugs25 has shown a merry dispositionscooterbugs25 has shown a merry dispositionscooterbugs25 has shown a merry disposition
On Christmas Eve we host a party, Small Gift Exchange of 25.00 or less. Finger foods and Snack cakes etc.... Then go to Church..

Christmas Morning we open gift and have a big dinner that afternoon.
Old 08-25-2007, 07:35 PM
Invalid Email

pattyjo has shown a merry disposition
santahat

On Christmas eve I do a lot of cooking so I don't have to cook on Xmas day, as you know it is summer here where I celebrate christmas and we usually have salads and cold meats and chickens, and after that has been done we usually have a BBQ at friends and then come home and watch Christmas specials, sometimes if my mums with us , we will go to church.. but then on Christmas morning we get really early and open presents