Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » Anyone feel like me after christmas day.

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,846
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,865)
Welcome to our newest member, Amy_theexplorer

Old 09-04-2010, 07:02 PM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

hummin4him has shown a merry dispositionhummin4him has shown a merry disposition
tree

Originally Posted by jayden28 View Post
About taking all your decorations off on the 26th,ive noticed it does not feel the same and have been tempted to take them all down but haven't because of the kids,im normally a little down after christmas day because for me christmas is well and truly over for another year and the best remedy for that is to take everything down instead of keeping them up for another week as my christmas mood is gone.
As most everybody else on this site, I am also a huge Christmas fanatic. I understand the "down" feeling. Although I think for us it is more of the dread of having to pack up the decor and haul it back into the attic. But we do a few things to keep the excitement after the holidays going for a few more days as well as all year long.
1. Christmas sales - we hit the stores as they are clearing out all of their decorations. We start making decoration plans for the next year and we save money.
2. Christmas room - Our guest room is decked out for Christmas year round, complete with a tree. We have a recliner in there so we can relax and watch our favorite Holiday movie any time of the year.
3. A Nativity - My wife decided a few years ago to keep out one small nativity piece out year round. It is a simple reminder of what it's all about.
4. Christmas in July- Complete with a Holiday meal and a few small gifts for the family. A great and welcome break from the hot and humid south Georgia heat.

We also keep our decor up until after the new year (usually take it down on the 2nd)

Old 09-07-2010, 08:47 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
Last Achievements

reindeerelf has disabled reputation
santahat

We won't even think of taking any decorations down until after Jan. 6--the Feast of the Epiphany. After all one can't end Christmas before the three kings arrive. We are not completely undecorated until Feb.2 which before we had Ground Hog Day was known as Candlemas--the day the presentation of the Christ child in the temple is celebrated. In the ancient Church this was considered the end of the Christmas Season. In our latitude winter gets quite dreary after a while so its nice to stretch out the Season.
judesmama (09-08-2010), Murphman (09-08-2010), whitney37354 (09-08-2010), xmas365 (09-07-2010)
Old 09-07-2010, 08:50 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,187 Times in 365 Posts
frostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Same here, everything stays until at least Epiphany, sometimes later. It's hard to let it go.
Old 09-07-2010, 01:20 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,157 Times in 714 Posts
kelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happy
Dont dread it as there is always next Christmas to plan and look forward too. Just think about how quick it actually comes around again. I cant believe its only 108 days to go!!! Soon we'd be in the double digits LOL
Old 09-07-2010, 09:40 PM
Christmas dreaming...

Last Achievements

Thanked 74,714 Times in 14,910 Posts
xmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I want to keep them up longer I can't bear to take them down, even weeks after Christmas
Old 09-08-2010, 06:00 AM
...and Noel's mama, too!

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,854 Times in 1,630 Posts
judesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemen
I don't take anything down until January and I leave all snowman/snowflakes/etc up until well into February!
Old 09-08-2010, 07:26 AM
Santa Beagle
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,512 Times in 392 Posts
Murphman would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMurphman would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMurphman would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMurphman would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMurphman would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMurphman would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMurphman would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMurphman would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMurphman would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMurphman would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMurphman would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Originally Posted by reindeerelf View Post
We won't even think of taking any decorations down until after Jan. 6--the Feast of the Epiphany. After all one can't end Christmas before the three kings arrive. We are not completely undecorated until Feb.2 which before we had Ground Hog Day was known as Candlemas--the day the presentation of the Christ child in the temple is celebrated. In the ancient Church this was considered the end of the Christmas Season. In our latitude winter gets quite dreary after a while so its nice to stretch out the Season.
We also keep all decorations up through Epiphany and beyond. We like to invite different friends and family over several nights in late December through early January for snacks, spirits, coffee (we tell them to bring any holiday leftovers to share). After all the hustle and bustle, it is nice to relax and enjoy the decorations with loved ones without the pressure.

Usually the 2nd weekend of Jan. we meet my wife's family and all their kids at a rented mountain cabin for a few days of fellowship and snowtubing. There is some serious food consumption at that time. The owners of the cabin leave some Christmas decorations up for us to enjoy. Therefore we enjoy the season through mid January. I encourage others to go well beyond Christmas day.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:29 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,641 Times in 584 Posts
whitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnog
DH & I decided on a compromise our first Christmas as a married couple: I put up the tree the Saturday after Thanksgiving (me) and leave it up until New Year's Day (DH).

DH would wait until December 1 to put it up and I'd take it down December 26th!
Old 09-08-2010, 05:42 PM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

Snowman1971 has shown a merry dispositionSnowman1971 has shown a merry dispositionSnowman1971 has shown a merry dispositionSnowman1971 has shown a merry disposition
Christmas day itself can be a let down for me. Being single, I watch all of my brothers and sisters children and grandchildren do their thing, and I feel left out kinda. My friends and I make it a point to either get out Christmas night or to have a party to offset some of that. And I always look forward to New Years Eve. Tree has to still be up for that. My parents didnt do that when I was a child, but I like it. Doesn't quite look the same after Christmas but it is still nice. I do hate the way the music just cuts off though..thank goodness for internet outlets and Comcast!
Old 09-08-2010, 08:00 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 38,334 Times in 5,934 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Our tree stays up until sometime between New Year's Day and Twelfth Night. I always dread bedtime on Christmas Day because I know the seasonal music vanishes from the airwaves at 12:01 a.m. of the 26th. I always think that I'll keep the Christmas music and movies going until New Year's, but they don't have the same "flavor" after Christmas. What spoils it for me is the rest of the world dropping its Christmas spirit like a Halloween mask (now there's a mixed metaphor!) the very minute Christmas Day is over. Then it's back to work, business as usual ... and I come here for some empathy!

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (09-08-2010), hummin4him (09-08-2010)