Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » Has anyone started getting ready?

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,977
Threads: 53,463
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,699)
Welcome to our newest member, SnowflakeMom
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
The Best of Christmas...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:51 PM
Last post by Minta
04-01-2014 10:33 AM
47,959 Views  3 Posts
The True Story of Silent...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:58 PM
54,964 Views  0 Posts
Top Ten Questions for...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:08 PM
54,665 Views  0 Posts
santahat Shoppers: They're...
By MMC Editor
11-23-2011 09:47 AM
Last post by Christmasstar
01-07-2012 02:02 PM
90,464 Views  2 Posts
Presentblue Guide to Black Friday...
By MMC Editor
11-08-2012 11:50 AM
Last post by jimmydbrown
12-27-2012 04:59 AM
82,850 Views  4 Posts

Old 09-06-2010, 04:15 PM
Mistress of Home & Decor

Last Achievements

MrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the tree
Has anyone started getting ready?

Has anyone started preparing for Christmas? I WANT to start getting ready, but this year I don't know where to start. When do start? What do you start with? Any good suggestions for homemade gifts?

Thanks for any input you can give.
Old 09-06-2010, 11:15 PM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger

MissKringle is a good elfMissKringle is a good elfMissKringle is a good elfMissKringle is a good elfMissKringle is a good elfMissKringle is a good elfMissKringle is a good elf
I kind of have, I've started making decorations and planning to make more and some stockings but nothing's finished yet.
Old 09-07-2010, 03:52 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,156 Times in 714 Posts
kelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happy
I started back in July. Ive been buying the Toy Story 3 toys for my son. There really is no better time to start than NOW!! Buying a gift here and there is better than buying it all at once.
This year Id like to make some home-made fudge for the family and make some nice boxes to put them in. I say Im going to do this every year and never got around to it, but Im definitely going to make time this year.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:37 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,186 Times in 364 Posts
frostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I need to start getting busy, I don't like to wait till the last minute.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:40 AM
Merry Fourms Member

covergirl has shown a merry disposition
Im gonna start preraring by starting my fall/deep cleaning this week.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:01 PM
Merry Fourms Member
Last Achievements

Ezra has shown a merry disposition
I have put together my Christmas playlists and searched for new music.. I have so many Christmas songs so it took a while. Every Christmas Eve my two little sisters sleep in my room with me, and I always make a playlist of soft Christmas songs to listen to while we sleep, so I made that too. Also, since I am a vegan and this will be my first Christmas as one, I have been finding vegan recipes for sugar cookies and other foods.
Old 09-08-2010, 06:02 AM
...and Noel's mama, too!

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,788 Times in 1,618 Posts
judesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemen
I've mostly started mentally preparing! Like last year, we aren't buying gifts for the adults in our lives... only the kids. And this year, we are NOT going overboard. Our house is like a toy factory and I just can't handle any more so I am buying things that can be used long-term and are fun and educational. I have started thinking of things I am going to make, though. Last year, my husband and I made a bunch of food for my parents.. my dad doesn't eat sugar or white flour so we made breads, cookies, salsa, jam, etc all with natural ingredients, agave, whole wheat flour, etc, and they loved it! I have to start working on calendars with the kids pictures for the grandparents, too.
Old 09-09-2010, 12:43 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,134 Times in 3,698 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
nope, I haven´t really started yet...only bought Kandice St. Nikolaus presents

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

Old 09-09-2010, 01:19 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger

Location: Mersea Island, UK - Moving to Vancouver, Canada 2012
singingringingtree is a good elfsingingringingtree is a good elfsingingringingtree is a good elfsingingringingtree is a good elfsingingringingtree is a good elfsingingringingtree is a good elfsingingringingtree is a good elfsingingringingtree is a good elfsingingringingtree is a good elfsingingringingtree is a good elf
Well, I've started making 'The Lists' - presents, food etc. Have bought a couple of pressies, looked at recipes and am thinking about having a drinks party during the week before Christmas.

I could really do with some new decorations, but as we only have two more Christmases in the UK I am thining about making do and chucking most of it away when we move to Vancouver and buying all new (apart from sentimental ones of course).

Old 09-09-2010, 04:46 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,633 Times in 342 Posts
'Tis the season would be nice to meet under the mistletoe'Tis the season would be nice to meet under the mistletoe'Tis the season would be nice to meet under the mistletoe'Tis the season would be nice to meet under the mistletoe'Tis the season would be nice to meet under the mistletoe'Tis the season would be nice to meet under the mistletoe'Tis the season would be nice to meet under the mistletoe'Tis the season would be nice to meet under the mistletoe'Tis the season would be nice to meet under the mistletoe'Tis the season would be nice to meet under the mistletoe'Tis the season would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I've sort of started. Haven't actually bought any presents yet but I have wish listed half of Amazon. Have some Yankee candles that I got in the January sales stashed away too.