Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » Has anyone started getting ready?

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,430
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,408)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
The Tradition of...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 05:47 PM
62,561 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Bells
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:12 PM
52,433 Views  0 Posts
Christmas in America...
By MMC Editor
10-18-2011 01:41 AM
64,266 Views  0 Posts
Bells The Nativity Part V:...
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 10:48 PM
86,860 Views  0 Posts
Snow or No Snow?
By MMC Editor
07-03-2011 08:18 AM
Last post by trackrebel
07-18-2013 04:46 PM
53,890 Views  4 Posts

Old 09-14-2010, 12:27 PM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger
Last Achievements

starandstable has shown a merry disposition
We're about half way done with shopping. We're starting to gear up on the wrapping to get a good head start.
Old 09-14-2010, 01:49 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

TwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnogTwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnogTwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnogTwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnogTwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnogTwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnogTwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnogTwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnogTwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnogTwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnogTwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnog
I've gotten some Christmas presents taken care of, whether it was buying something, helping buy something, making something..,wrapped presents

Old 09-25-2010, 03:57 PM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster
Last Achievements

DSR147 has shown a merry dispositionDSR147 has shown a merry dispositionDSR147 has shown a merry disposition
Getting Ready

Yes, I am getting ready slowly but surely. I'm working on pacing myself with my planning, preperation, shopping, wrapping etc. That way I always have something to look forward too and I don't have that 'done it all already' or 'nothing to do' feeling.

I usually start planning properly and making concrete notes, lists, plans etc around August time, but think about Christmas all year round.

I'll begin my Christmas shopping soon enough and get some packaging goods in as well. Wrapping paper, gift bows, tags, ribbon etc. I picked up some in the January sales, but it's always fun to see what is on offer.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:29 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger

VeganChristmasBaby has shown a merry disposition
Well, I'm listening to Christmas music right now, so I guess that means I've started! Haha!

I've already started putting pumpkin spice in my coffee and checking this forum more often... I don't think you can start too early!

Old 09-30-2010, 05:41 PM
Christmasologist

kidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elf
I updated my Christmas organizer last Sunday.....I have already started posting the countdown at work.....and every day that I go into work, someone has erased it!!!! I have my Christmas playlists ready to go...and have been polking through my decorations. Most of my presents have been bought... But not wrapped yet.
Old 10-03-2010, 01:31 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,590 Times in 748 Posts
Kimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnog
I was at Target today and took advantage of their amazing Christmas cards deals! They have 32 cards (8 different cards/designs, 4 each) in a box for only $3!! I bought 64 cards for $6!! I'm happy!!!

I usually ask people for addresses (if they've moved or if they're new friends) around mid-Thanksgiving so that I can add them to my Christmas Card list.
Old 10-03-2010, 01:35 PM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Thanked 5,606 Times in 1,282 Posts
XmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companion
Originally Posted by Kimothy View Post
I was at Target today and took advantage of their amazing Christmas cards deals! They have 32 cards (8 different cards/designs, 4 each) in a box for only $3!! I bought 64 cards for $6!! I'm happy!!!

I usually ask people for addresses (if they've moved or if they're new friends) around mid-Thanksgiving so that I can add them to my Christmas Card list.

Wow thats a great deal.
Old 10-04-2010, 03:11 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

happyelf is a good elfhappyelf is a good elfhappyelf is a good elfhappyelf is a good elfhappyelf is a good elfhappyelf is a good elf
My lists are now complete
1 - Gifts for the children
2 - Gifts for others
3 - Food shopping List
4 - Baking Shopping List (for gifts)

I bought lots of things last week as there was a toy offer on at a local store - these all need to be wrapped now and hidden somewhere??? No idea where yet?
Old 10-04-2010, 05:13 AM
Santa's Mentor

Last Achievements

Thanked 2,862 Times in 1,010 Posts
irishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the tree
I have a few presents already

I pick up things during the year so I start getting ready once Christmas ends
Old 10-04-2010, 05:55 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class

tracyann has shown a merry dispositiontracyann has shown a merry dispositiontracyann has shown a merry dispositiontracyann has shown a merry disposition
I've already bought a few Christmas presents for the kids and some for teachers, dance instructors, etc... I've started looking for new recipes for cookies and appetizers for my cookie party. I've been listening to Christmas music so that really helps put me in the mood. I love getting ready for Christmas.