Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Hands-On > Christmas Decorations » LED lights...yes or no?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Decorations Christmas is a hands-on art. From the lights we put on the house to the decorations we put on the tree to the great foods we eat in the process, Christmas is a time of doing -- and this is the place we gather to talk, plan and share.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,129
Threads: 54,233
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,523)
Welcome to our newest member, H1095

Old 11-14-2006, 10:03 AM
MMC Forummaster & Tech Elf

dominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companion
Yes, that's an example of my fine work... especially since it wasn't working this morning and had to be re-uploaded.

I actually made that gif out of a picture of a shirt I bought at Walmart last year.

Old 11-14-2006, 10:11 AM
Ervserver

It's cool....in fact it reminds me as a kid when my dad would get the xmas lights out of storage, a big wad.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:38 AM

dominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companion
That's how our's come out every year, too.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:44 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,244 Times in 496 Posts
GingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
That's how they come out of those dang boxes from the store too. I swear is it out of the realm of possibility that someone could make the packaging for icicle lights so that the strands are all laid out straight in there? That way when you hang them they are actually straight, rather than wadded up.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:52 AM
Mistletoeologist

Christy Carol has shown a merry dispositionChristy Carol has shown a merry disposition
Originally Posted by dominick
Yes, that's an example of my fine work... especially since it wasn't working this morning and had to be re-uploaded.

I actually made that gif out of a picture of a shirt I bought at Walmart last year.
When I first saw it I thought of that huge blob of lights that Clark hands his son in Christmas Vacation. I would love to have that t-shirt!
Old 11-14-2006, 10:53 AM

I wouldn't be too surprised to see them on the racks again this year. It's my official light stringing uniform. 8)
Old 11-14-2006, 11:06 AM
Mistletoeologist

Christy Carol has shown a merry dispositionChristy Carol has shown a merry disposition
Originally Posted by dominick
I wouldn't be too surprised to see them on the racks again this year. It's my official light stringing uniform. 8)
I am gonna look!
Old 11-14-2006, 05:51 PM
Ervserver

does anyone actually put the lights back onto the plastic holder thingy that they come on?
Old 11-14-2006, 05:52 PM

Not once.
Old 11-15-2006, 12:36 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger

silver bells is a new face around here!
Just an FYI...Westlatke Ace Hardware has their LED lights on sale this week. It's a 50 count strand of lights, either 50 ft or 100ft for $14.99. Home Depot has theirs on sale too. I think that it was a 17ft 100 count lights for $7.99. I got the sales papers today and were checking them out before I left for work! I will be going to check them out on Friday.