Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Hands-On > Christmas Food > Recipes » Snickerdoodle Cookies

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,845
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,865)
Welcome to our newest member, Amy_theexplorer

Old 10-14-2007, 08:49 PM
Santa Clausologist

officepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elf
bell Snickerdoodle Cookies

Allie Nelson's Famous Snickerdoodle Cookies Makes About 3 dozen 3 From the kitchen of Allie Nelson

2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp. cream of tartar
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 and 3/4 sugar
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
2 large eggs
4 tsp. cinnamon

Preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease cookie sheets. Sift together the flour, the cream of tartar, the baking soda, and the salt. Using an electric mixer, beat together the butter and 1 1/2 of the sugar. Add and continue beating, the eggs. Beat flour mixture into butter mixture, until smoothly incorporated. Pull off pieces of the dough and roll between the palms to form generous 1 1/4-inch balls. Roll in a mixture of 1/4 cup of sugar, and the cinnamon. Space about 2 3/4 inches apart on sheets. Bake 1 pan at a time, in the upper third of the oven for about 8 to 11 minutes, or until the cookies are light golden brown around the edges. Rotate sheets half way through baking for even browning. Transfer sheets to wire racks and let stand after cookies firm up slightly, 1 to 2 minutes. Then, transfer the cookies to wire racks and cool thoroughly. Cool cookie sheets between batches or cookies may spread too much. Store, airtight, for 10 days, or freeze up to one month. Enjoy this German classic.
The Following User Says Thank You to officepro4u For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (09-21-2010)

Old 10-15-2007, 11:45 AM
Santa's Mentor

Thanked 1,673 Times in 940 Posts
Annette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companion
I love making snickerdoodles. They are so yummy...
Old 10-15-2007, 11:52 AM
Santa's Doppelganger
Last Achievements

Billy Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Originally Posted by Annette1990 View Post
I love making snickerdoodles. They are so yummy...
I love eating Snickerdoodles. They are so yummy...
Old 09-15-2010, 02:17 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

One Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnog
Great recipe, and one almost anyone enjoys.....

Old 09-21-2010, 06:45 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 80,301 Times in 13,285 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
thanks, been looking for new recipes to try this year