Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > Movies » The Best Santa

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Movies From 100+ year old silent films to new releases here we discussed the good, the bad and the ugly of Christmas at the movies.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,851
Top Poster: xmas365 (163,200)
Welcome to our newest member, Amy_theexplorer
View Poll Results: Whats the best Santa from the movies?
Edmund Gwenn miracle on 34th street (original) 18 51.43%
Ed Asner Elf 1 2.86%
Tim Allen the santa clause movies 11 31.43%
David Huddleston santa claus the movie 5 14.29%
John Call santa claus conquers the martians 0 0%
John Goodman the year without a santa claus 0 0%
Richard Griffiths muppets letters to santa 0 0%
Joseph Marcell the santa trap 0 0%
George Wendt santa buddies 0 0%
Hannu-Pekka Björkman christmas story (2007) 0 0%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-26-2010, 12:37 PM
MMC Media Guru Extraordinaire

Last Achievements

dvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the tree
The Best Santa

Which is the best Santa from the movies?
If you dont like these choices write in your vote
10 write ins will result in a second poll
AuntieMistletoeDear (09-26-2010)

Old 09-26-2010, 12:40 PM
Merry Forums Super Administrator

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,469 Times in 1,754 Posts
Maureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the Wisemen
Err, call me picky but which choices..........???!!
Old 09-26-2010, 12:41 PM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,724 Times in 3,787 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
lol...Maureen...U ask the question that was torturing my mind

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

Old 09-26-2010, 01:10 PM

Last Achievements

dvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the tree
Sorry it took a while to make
Ive left out a few for write in purposes
Old 09-26-2010, 01:31 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I love Tim Allen
(but I also love Sir Richard Attenborough in Miracle on 34th Street)
Old 09-26-2010, 01:36 PM
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,932 Times in 2,418 Posts
Jeff Westover has disabled reputation
Gotta give another write in here for Richard Attenborough...he did a fine job!
The Following User Says Thank You to Jeff Westover For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (09-26-2010)
Old 09-26-2010, 03:00 PM
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)

Thanked 43,495 Times in 9,284 Posts
caninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
holly

Had To Go With Edmund Gwenn....I don't know. I really loved Sir Richard Attenborough and I loved Tim Allen but Edmund's twinkle in his eyes and his dignified affect did it for me !!!! (Plus his Santa's movie is closer to the year I was born !)

[URL="http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/"][SIZE=3]http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/[/SIZE][/URL]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 09-26-2010, 03:15 PM
Emerging from the Cave
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,115 Times in 690 Posts
Courtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happy
I don't think I can choose. I love both Edmund Gwenn and Tim Allen and it's too hard to choose right now. I will have to think about this a while...
Old 09-26-2010, 04:20 PM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Thanked 6,112 Times in 1,447 Posts
XmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companion
This was a tough call as far as who i think is the best. I of course chose Mr. Gween but it took me about 5 min of thinking to finally hit submit lol.
Old 09-26-2010, 04:21 PM

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Jeff Westover View Post
Gotta give another write in here for Richard Attenborough...he did a fine job!
It was hard to make this list without him, but he was one of the ones left out on purpose.
He does make a very good Santa