Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,432
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,553)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Christmas Stockings
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:15 PM
52,057 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Defined
By MMC Editor
05-01-2002 10:19 PM
Last post by JeanetteDi
09-20-2011 08:20 AM
59,096 Views  1 Posts
Developing an Attitude...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:24 PM
45,137 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Cards
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:21 PM
50,895 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Tree A Christmas Tree for Cats
By MMC Editor
10-11-2013 08:21 AM
19,429 Views  0 Posts

Old 09-28-2010, 05:02 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,156 Times in 714 Posts
kelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happy
Sorry for your loss. I lost my grandad 5 years ago this October. He was my rock, I miss him everyday. You must take each day as it comes and enjoy the Christmas season as im sure your nanna wherever she maybe will be happy that you do.
The Following User Says Thank You to kelly ann For This Useful Post:
ChristmasSpirit76 (09-28-2010)
Old 09-28-2010, 06:22 AM
Official button pusher!

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,908 Times in 1,066 Posts
Undrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the tree
I'm very sorry to hear that. I lost my Grandfather over 10 years ago and still I bawl my eyes out if my parents bring up what my Grandfather and I have done when I was little. It makes it a bit easier to know he is up in heaven watching down!
*hugs*
Thank you, Louann. We will never forget you!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Undrtakr For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (09-28-2010), ChristmasSpirit76 (09-28-2010)
Old 09-28-2010, 06:26 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class

tracyann has shown a merry dispositiontracyann has shown a merry dispositiontracyann has shown a merry dispositiontracyann has shown a merry disposition
I'm so sorry for your loss! Grandmas are one of a kind, aren't they. I hope you're able to find peace and enjoy the holiday season knowing your nana is still with you in spirit.
The Following User Says Thank You to tracyann For This Useful Post:
ChristmasSpirit76 (09-28-2010)
Old 09-28-2010, 07:32 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,612 Times in 578 Posts
whitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnog
I think my Nanny loved Christmas more than we did, even as kids! Her favorite Christmas song was Silent Night, too. I think about her every time I hear that song. She started having strokes & dementia set in in 1999. That Christmas was harder than the first Christmas after she died in 2005. For us, the Nanny we knew had been gone for almost six years before she died. 2005 was our first Christmas with out new baby too, as I was pregnant with DD when Nanny died. DD is a lot like Nanny sometimes! We will always miss her, but we think of her in the first 79 healthy years, not the last sick 6 years.

Nanny's husband, my Pappaw, died two days before Thanksgiving in 1981. We buried him on Thanksgiving Day. Talk about depressing. No turkey dinner that year and lots of tears. Christmas that year was hard on my family and every year on Christmas Eve, my Nanny & uncle ended up shedding a few tears because they missed him so much. However, their belief was that the children still needed a happy Christmas and they would carry on the best they could. That first Christmas, we had our festivities at our house instead of Nanny's house since the wound was still so fresh. After that, we went back to Nanny's for Christmas every year. We tried to keep that up even after she got sick, but it really got depressing because she didn't like lots of people around and would get upset. After two Christmases of that, we decided to have Christmas at my parent's house next door and have a caregiver stay with Nanny during that time. It hurt, but it was better for everyone that way.

Our loved ones would want us to be happy, so that's how I try to think of it!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to whitney37354 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2010, 08:46 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

Jeniferdwn will NOT spit in your eggnogJeniferdwn will NOT spit in your eggnogJeniferdwn will NOT spit in your eggnogJeniferdwn will NOT spit in your eggnogJeniferdwn will NOT spit in your eggnogJeniferdwn will NOT spit in your eggnogJeniferdwn will NOT spit in your eggnogJeniferdwn will NOT spit in your eggnogJeniferdwn will NOT spit in your eggnogJeniferdwn will NOT spit in your eggnogJeniferdwn will NOT spit in your eggnog
It doesn't matter how old you are. You can still miss someone just as much as if you were a little one! Cry and let your hurt show. Don't keep it bottled up inside! And yes, with time it will get easier. It'll still hurt, but not as bad.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jeniferdwn For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2010, 09:37 PM
Christmas Star
Last Achievements

ChristmasSpirit76 has shown a merry dispositionChristmasSpirit76 has shown a merry dispositionChristmasSpirit76 has shown a merry dispositionChristmasSpirit76 has shown a merry disposition
Bless all of you for being with me in thought and on here. Its amazing the love you can feel over the internet. It was nice to hear be able to share my feelings and have someone understand them. You all are in my thoughts as we share this season on here. Thank you all for sharing your memories of those you have lost. <3 Take care

The Following User Says Thank You to ChristmasSpirit76 For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (09-30-2010)
Old 09-28-2010, 09:40 PM
*<[:{) Ho ho ho!!!

Last Achievements

Thanked 69,975 Times in 13,907 Posts
xmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
This will be my 20th Christmas without my mother, and every year I tear up when I think of her during the holiday season, it will always feel like something is missing.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:04 PM
Christmasologist

Last Achievements

Thanked 1,047 Times in 256 Posts
lilnoelelf is a good elflilnoelelf is a good elflilnoelelf is a good elflilnoelelf is a good elflilnoelelf is a good elflilnoelelf is a good elflilnoelelf is a good elflilnoelelf is a good elflilnoelelf is a good elflilnoelelf is a good elf
I understand more than you know on how you feel. Please know you have a bunch of wonderful friends here that care and if you need to talk or anything please feel free to pm me and we will talk as long as you need to! I lost my dad when I was 10 my momma when I was 18 and my adoptive father in 2005. different people deal with death different ways this is how I deal with my feelings. I wrote this when I was 11 Years old and I hope it helps you and RavenHard in some small way.GOD bless yall!!!

Did you see the single star in the sky last night?
I'm that star that shines so bright.

When you think of me,
and the tears begin to flow,
and when your heart ache,
seems to grow and grow,
Just think of me,
and then you'll know.

As sure as there is sunshine,
that follows a summer rain,
so too there will be happiness again
to ease your greif and pain.

as sure as darkness of the night,
gives way to the light of day,
the problems that perplex your mind,
with FAITH will fade away.

As springtime follows winter,
and the earth is born anew,
you'll find you'll never walk alone,
for I'm a part of you.

So please for me
try not to cry
I'm forever in your heart,
and Angels never die!

Last edited by lilnoelelf; 09-28-2010 at 10:08 PM. Reason: misspelled names
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lilnoelelf For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (09-30-2010), ChristmasSpirit76 (09-29-2010), Jeniferdwn (09-29-2010), made582 (09-29-2010), TamaraQT (09-29-2010), whitney37354 (09-29-2010)
Old 09-29-2010, 06:04 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

Jeniferdwn will NOT spit in your eggnogJeniferdwn will NOT spit in your eggnogJeniferdwn will NOT spit in your eggnogJeniferdwn will NOT spit in your eggnogJeniferdwn will NOT spit in your eggnogJeniferdwn will NOT spit in your eggnogJeniferdwn will NOT spit in your eggnogJeniferdwn will NOT spit in your eggnogJeniferdwn will NOT spit in your eggnogJeniferdwn will NOT spit in your eggnogJeniferdwn will NOT spit in your eggnog
Lilnoelelf -- that is beautiful!!! I'm having a hard time getting over a death and this is perfect for me to read when I'm feeling down!!
Old 09-30-2010, 07:57 AM
Princess of Christmas =0)
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,794 Times in 1,093 Posts
MsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the tree
Im very sorry to hear about your loss and everyone elses on here also. When you lose someone you love I dont think there is one answer on how to cope or make things better. Just take it day by day. My Grandfather (Dad's Dad) Birthday was on Christmas Day. He passed away on December 2nd. Of course that first year was super hard since not only was it Christmas but also his Birthday. When someone passes away I always feel like I handle my pain like a child. Everyone copes differently. I wish you peace and goodluck with everything.

There's no place like Home for the Holidays!