Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Hands-On > Christmas Food » Favorite Christmas pastry or Candies

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Food From eggnog to candy canes to ginger bread and beyond the flavors and treats of Christmas are a delight. Here we engage in all things connected to Christmas foods -- from recipes to how-to's. This section of the Merry Forums is presented by Merry Christmas Recipes, our own database of Christmas recipes, many of which get submitted by our users from around the world.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,845
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,865)
Welcome to our newest member, Amy_theexplorer

Old 06-26-2011, 02:16 PM
Merry Fourms Member

maggie2 has shown a merry dispositionmaggie2 has shown a merry dispositionmaggie2 has shown a merry disposition
Home-made shortbread cookies
Home-made chocolate fudge
Tourtiere (meat pie)
Dark, delicious Christmas cake

Old 06-26-2011, 02:50 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Marzipan Bread
Lebkuchen
Speculaas
And homemade Christmas Cookies
Homemade Christmas Cake
Old 06-26-2011, 03:54 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,932 Times in 922 Posts
momnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companion
I love Christmas cookies, other people's as well as my own if I have a good year.
My Italian "tutus" are the family favorites for sure.
I miss my mother in law's "Swedish Toscas".
She made me a whole box of my own when I was pregnant years ago.
She made delicious Christmas cookies and I owe much of what I know in baking to her.
She passed in 2005, my mom in 2010, Christmas isn't the same, but we forge on and recollect sweet memories with those treats.
Old 07-17-2011, 02:07 PM

Last Achievements

Chef Matt has shown a merry dispositionChef Matt has shown a merry dispositionChef Matt has shown a merry dispositionChef Matt has shown a merry dispositionChef Matt has shown a merry disposition
Originally Posted by One Spoiled Brat View Post
Potato Candy.....Yummy....
I have a super easy recipe for potato candy if you are interested.
Potato Candy

3 ingredients

1/2 c. mashed potatoes
powered sugar
peanut butter

Place mashed potatoes in a bowl and add powdered sugar until mixture is thick enough to roll out on a flat surface. Roll out dough and cover with a thin layer of peanut butter. Roll like a jelly roll and cut into small pieces.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chef Matt For This Useful Post:
ClaireLovesChristmas (07-18-2011), made582 (07-17-2011)
Old 07-17-2011, 02:10 PM

Last Achievements

Chef Matt has shown a merry dispositionChef Matt has shown a merry dispositionChef Matt has shown a merry dispositionChef Matt has shown a merry dispositionChef Matt has shown a merry disposition
My favorite Christmas candy had to be Divinity. A bit sweet though.

Divinity

4 ingredients

2 C. sugar
2 egg whites
C. white corn syrup
C. water

Mix sugar, syrup, and water. When syrup reaches a semi-firm ball pour of it slowly over beaten egg whites. Cook rest of mixture until almost brittle. Pour slowly over egg whites beating constantly. Beat until creams.
Old 07-17-2011, 04:26 PM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 99,697 Times in 17,388 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
stocking

My Mother's homemade Christmas cut-out cookies, with her homemade frosting. We add food coloring to the frosting so they're festive as well Decorating them is always the best!
Old 07-19-2011, 08:36 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 22,647 Times in 3,656 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
This is hard:

Peanut Brittle
Fudge
Sponge Candy
Chow Mein Noodle Candy
Round pretzels w/ a Hersheys Hug melted in the middle & an M & M on top
Christmas Cut-out cookies
Oreo Cookie Truffles
Peanut Butter Cups

New Favorites:
Peanut Butter Brownie cookies (made them last night)
Maple Nut Chocolates

Now I want to go bake!