Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Hands-On > Christmas Food » Recipes for mac and cheese?

Christmas Food From eggnog to candy canes to ginger bread and beyond the flavors and treats of Christmas are a delight. Here we engage in all things connected to Christmas foods -- from recipes to how-to's. This section of the Merry Forums is presented by Merry Christmas Recipes, our own database of Christmas recipes, many of which get submitted by our users from around the world.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,434
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,754)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Tracks of Santa
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:33 PM
0 Posts
It's a Wonderful Life...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:17 PM
52,071 Views  0 Posts
santahat Light on a Snowy Day
By MMC Editor
11-07-2011 07:41 AM
0 Posts
Playing Head Games with...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:20 PM
74,584 Views  0 Posts
Christmas in Italy
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:22 PM
46,084 Views  0 Posts

Old 10-08-2010, 05:33 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,085 Times in 711 Posts
JOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the tree
Recipes for mac and cheese?

i notice it mentioned in a few of these threads.

i love mac and cheese and have eaten it in restaurants, can anyone help me out with a recipe?

Despite my username, I am female!
The Following User Says Thank You to JOHNOR For This Useful Post:
Seawaters (08-20-2011)
Old 11-02-2010, 11:42 AM
Princess of Christmas =0)
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,794 Times in 1,093 Posts
MsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the tree
I am also interested in a good recipe for homemade mac & cheese!

There's no place like Home for the Holidays!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MsChristmas For This Useful Post:
JOHNOR (11-02-2010), Seawaters (08-20-2011)
Old 11-02-2010, 12:10 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

lmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I have been making my own mac and cheese for a while now. I don't use a recipe, just kind of throw stuff in the pot and hope it works out right, lol!
I'll try to think of how much of everything I use and get it in recipe form for you guys if you'd like

Merry Christmas! Liz
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lmm8606 For This Useful Post:
JOHNOR (11-02-2010), Seawaters (08-20-2011)
Old 11-02-2010, 05:23 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 36,269 Times in 5,590 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
My mom baked hers, like scalloped potatoes. Here's what her recipe card says:

"Cook macaroni in salt water until done. Drain and put layers of macaroni and cheese [in an oven-safe casserole dish; she usually used processed cheese slices, like Velveeta, for the cheese], also salt and pepper. Add milk up through it. Bake at 350 degrees for about 1/2 hour."

That's about as simple as you can get, but it was GOOD. The best part was the golden, cheezy crust on top. Mmm . . .

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
MsChristmas (07-18-2011), Seawaters (08-20-2011)
Old 11-02-2010, 05:42 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 49,385 Times in 9,029 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I just follow the directions on the back of the box.

Sounds like MerryCarey has a good recipe! =)

You should be listening to the Greasy Skillet Show with our very own RadioJonD every Saturday from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm central time! Be sure to join the group on Facebook to chat during showtime!

Listen to Kringle Radio for your Christmas music fix! Come on by, we are open 24/7 - 365 days a year!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
MerryCarey (11-05-2010), Seawaters (08-20-2011)
Old 11-02-2010, 07:35 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Duh. There's directions right on the back of the blue and yellow box. Silly!
Seawaters (08-20-2011)
Old 11-02-2010, 09:23 PM
Santa Clausologist
Last Achievements

TamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happy
Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic View Post
I just follow the directions on the back of the box.
LOL!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to TamaraQT For This Useful Post:
Seawaters (08-20-2011)
Old 11-04-2010, 01:27 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,469 Times in 910 Posts
Minta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the tree
Boil noodles until al dente. In sperate pot bring 2 cups of milk and 2 tbl sp butter to a slow boil. I then add in slowly 3/4 pound of american cheese, 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, 1/2 cup grated asiago cheese. Stir until melted and well blended, if it is too thick add more milk, if it too thin add more cheese. Mix in noodles and then poor into a casserole dish.
Mix 1/2 cup of bread crumbs with 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese and sprinkle over top. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.

You can also add more milk to the cheese mixture and then after mixing in the noodles poor into a crockpot and keep on warm.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Minta For This Useful Post:
ChristmasSpirit76 (11-04-2011), happyelf (08-30-2011), JOHNOR (06-03-2011), MsChristmas (07-18-2011), Mumof2 (11-23-2010), Seawaters (08-20-2011), snowytree (11-04-2010)
Old 07-17-2011, 01:29 PM

Last Achievements

Chef Matt has shown a merry dispositionChef Matt has shown a merry dispositionChef Matt has shown a merry dispositionChef Matt has shown a merry dispositionChef Matt has shown a merry disposition
Try this recipe for baked mac and cheese. It's always better when you make it at home!

Baked Macaroni and Cheese

6 ingredients

2 c. cooked elbow macaroni
1 tbsp. butter
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/3 c. water
1 c. cheddar cheese, shredded
1 tbsp. minced onion

Cook elbow macaroni until done and place in a glass casserole dish. In a separate bowl, mix the soup, onion, water and 1/2 of the cheese. Pour the mixture over the macaroni and mix well. top wit the remaining cheese and bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted and cooked through.

Recipe courtesy of Sayerfoods.com
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chef Matt For This Useful Post:
MsChristmas (07-18-2011), Seawaters (08-20-2011)
Old 08-20-2011, 01:00 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 72,341 Times in 12,630 Posts
Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Here are several I have. Enjoy!

Southern Macaroni and Cheese
Serves 10

Ingredients

1 pound package uncooked elbow macaroni
3 (8 ounce) containers cottage cheese
1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
3 large eggs, beaten
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon paprika

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13-inch
baking dish. Bring a large pot of lightly salted
water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10
minutes or until al dente; drain. In a large bowl
combine cooked pasta, cottage cheese, sour cream,
eggs, cheddar cheese and cayenne pepper. Mix well
and transfer to prepared dish. Sprinkle with paprika.
Cover loosely with aluminum foil and bake 40 minutes.
Note: I add Monterey Jack and/or Colby cheeses along
with the cheddar cheese and it is delicious.

Grand Macaroni and Cheese

1 lb. fettuccine pasta
2 cups Asiago cheese (plus 1/4 cup), grated
2 (8 oz.) containers crème fraiche
1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1 1/2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper

Preheat oven to 375F. Cook pasta until firm to the bite. Drain, and reserve 1 cup pasta water. In a large bowl, combine pasta, water, cheese and seasonings. Gently toss until all ingredients are mixed and pasta is coated. Turn out into a buttered baking dish and cover top with 1/4 cup Asiago cheese. Bake until golden on top, about 25 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

Best Macaroni and Cheese in America

2 pounds elbow macaroni
12 eggs
1 cup cubed Velveeta cheese
1/2 pound (2 sticks) butter, melted
6 cups half-and-half
4 cups grated sharp yellow cheddar cheese
2 cups grated extra-sharp white cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cups grated mozzarella
1 cup grated Asiago cheese
1 cup grated Gruyère cheese
1 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
1 cup grated Muenster cheese
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon black pepper

Preheat the oven to 325. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the macaroni and cook until slightly al dente, about 10 minutes. Drain and set aside to keep warm. Whisk the eggs in a large bowl until frothy. Combine the Velveeta, butter and 2 cups of the half-and-half in a large bowl. Add the warm macaroni, tossing until the cheese has melted and the mixture is smooth. Add the remaining half-and-half, 3 cups of the sharp yellow cheddar cheese, the remaining grated cheeses, and salt and pepper, tossing until completely combined. Pour the mixture into a 9-by-13-inch casserole or baking dish and bake for about 30 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup of sharp yellow cheddar cheese and bake until golden brown on top, about 30 minutes more. Serve hot.

Tips:

You probably also gasped when you saw the ingredients--including a dozen eggs, a half-pound of butter, 2 pounds of elbow macaroni, 6 cups of half-and-half and a whopping (and artery-clogging) 12 1/2 cups of cheese! This is comfort food, you say, and "comfort" starts with the same letter as "calorie-laden." NOTE: I got this from another site and tried it. I did half the recipe, though. The flavor is wonderful!

Three Cheese Macaroni

1 cup sharp cheddar cheese grated
1 cup medium cheddar cheese grated,
1 cup jalepeno jack cheese
1 cup mozzerella grated.
1 16 oz container sour cream
1 pint of half and half
1 box twisty macoroni

Cook macoroni according to directions. Drain well. Spray a large baking dish with Pam and mix all ingredients and mix well and put in dish. Bake at 350 degrees until brown on top. Serve with grilled sausage.

Macaroni and Cheese

8 oz. Macaroni
2 cups Monterey Jack cheese-shredded
2 cups Colby Cheese-shredded
1-cup mayonnaise
1-cup sour cream
1/8 tsp. Cayenne pepper
Salt and pepper to taste

Cook macaroni until tender, in a large bowl combine macaroni, cheeses, and mayo. Add sour cream, cayenne pepper and salt and pepper. Bake at 325 for 30-45 minutes in a 13x9x2 inch pan.