Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » What type of decoration is on your front door right now?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,846
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,865)
Welcome to our newest member, Amy_theexplorer

Old 10-16-2010, 03:43 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 80,302 Times in 13,285 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint

we have a bit of a mouse problem here!
Keeps unwanted sales men away.

Last edited by Christmasstar; 10-16-2010 at 06:36 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Christmasstar For This Useful Post:
hilarios (10-16-2010), Santa's Helper (10-17-2010)

Old 10-16-2010, 04:03 PM
Christmas Royalty

clarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnog
Fantastic pictures!!

I have a few things up..mostly bathroom stuff..Halloween hand towels (from tk maxx) and mini pumpkins. I need to get more stuff - I've been super lazy so far.. this month.
Old 10-16-2010, 04:51 PM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger

Misfit Toy has shown a merry dispositionMisfit Toy has shown a merry dispositionMisfit Toy has shown a merry disposition
Skeleton/banshee type of thing. Live in a condo....downtown. Only person I know that decorates the front door and balcony around here lol. Least for halloween anyway. Guess its a downtown thing.
The Following User Says Thank You to Misfit Toy For This Useful Post:
hilarios (10-16-2010)
Old 10-16-2010, 05:25 PM
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)

Thanked 43,492 Times in 9,281 Posts
caninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
holly

I have a Halloween Wreath my sister had made for me custom on my front door !!

[URL="http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/"][SIZE=3]http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/[/SIZE][/URL]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 10-16-2010, 08:30 PM
Emerging from the Cave
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,114 Times in 689 Posts
Courtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happy
It's a fall grapevine wreath my mom made with raffia, and fake fall leaves. Maybe I'll try to post a pic in a few days.
Old 10-16-2010, 09:05 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself

Faith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to others
What a fun thread!
I will post pictures when I get back home, but I have a fall wreath on my front door that I made myself. I hung a fall leaf garland over a door, etc.
Will try to get pictures!

Merry Christmasly yours,
Linda Bobo Reddoch
Old 10-17-2010, 03:03 AM
Merry Forums Super Administrator

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,469 Times in 1,754 Posts
Maureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the Wisemen
Originally Posted by Santa's Helper View Post
I say go for it! Maybe you'll start a new thing in your area and everyone will catch on and want to do it. It's such a cozy time of year. I say go all out, get pumpkins and cornstalks and I'll bet your neighbors will think it's great!!!
Pumpkins won't be a problem although they don't come nearly as big over here (probably because most of the patches are insincere!!!)

Corn stalks - nope. Unless Wales is different, but things like Indian corn and stalks and the like are the great unknown in Scotland

As far as what's decorating my front door at the moment, I think it's pretty safe to say that it's bird poo!! Since putting up a new bird house, we're attracting all sorts of wild birds and this mega-huge woodpigeon seems to have moved in. Anybody got a good recipe because I'm tired of washing down the door, step and pathway daily!!! Okay, okay so I exaggerate a tad ............!!!!!
Old 10-17-2010, 05:38 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Location: Pennsylvania in my heart, North Carolina physically.
Santa's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to others
Originally Posted by Maureen View Post
Pumpkins won't be a problem although they don't come nearly as big over here (probably because most of the patches are insincere!!!)

Corn stalks - nope. Unless Wales is different, but things like Indian corn and stalks and the like are the great unknown in Scotland

As far as what's decorating my front door at the moment, I think it's pretty safe to say that it's bird poo!! Since putting up a new bird house, we're attracting all sorts of wild birds and this mega-huge woodpigeon seems to have moved in. Anybody got a good recipe because I'm tired of washing down the door, step and pathway daily!!! Okay, okay so I exaggerate a tad ............!!!!!
That's such a shame!! No cornstalks? Are there no farms at all? If there is a farm that has corn maybe you could ask them to buy some bundles of stalks for a little bit of money and he'd give them to you. Then maybe others will want to know where you got them and it will start a whole big thing and they'll start selling them everywhere for people to decorate with. That would be awesome!!!!

"You used up all the glue on purpose!"-A Christmas Story
Old 10-17-2010, 05:53 AM
Merry Forums Super Administrator

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,469 Times in 1,754 Posts
Maureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the Wisemen
I live in the country and am surrounded by farms!!!! Every second vehicle is a tractor!!

I don't think, hand on heart, I have seen a cornfield in Britain - well, Scotland anyway. I know they must be around somewhere but it's not a common crop. Corn on the cob is usually pre-wrapped in plastic. I've occasionally seen ears of corn around but they're very small and I got a filthy look from the people in the fresh produce department of the store when I peeled back the cornsilk to look at it properly!!!!!!!!
Old 10-17-2010, 06:14 AM
Christmasologist

kidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elf
Halloween wreath with pumpkins, bats, ghosts and witches